PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt Vulcan (best bow in 2007 line-up).

Straightandtrue67
05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Just picked up my new Hoyt Vulcan yesterday and am very impressed with this outstanding bow. I'm shooting 315 grain arrows and getting speeds of 325 FPS and up. The other good part is the bow is a smooth shooter also. This is my second Hoyt (my first was last years Trykon) and it is by far the best Hoyt I owned so far. I shot the Vectrix and the Vulcan shoots just as smooth, with alot more speed. This bow should have been the bow that Hoyt pushed the most for its 2007 line-up. The Hoyt bows keep getting better and better every year. I'm glad they added the stealth shot to quiet their bows this year. The Trykon was a good shooter, but the string noise was quite annoying. :doh:

Take Care and God Bless.

Ronin

tek
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
That 2 new WORLD records in FITA was set using a Vulcan :rockon:

And some say short brace height bows are'nt accurate :noidea:

Anyways, I'm lovin my Vulcan :rockon:

Chris
05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
That 2 new WORLD records in FITA was set using a Vulcan :rockon:

And some say short brace height bows are'nt accurate :noidea:

Anyways, I'm lovin my Vulcan :rockon:

No kidding. Who set those?

BUNNYMAN
05-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Prestige has a 6"brace.........

one of the most accurate bows I have ever shot.....

my switchback shoots lights out.....

my Icon is pretty much a given to shoot at least 8-10, 300's in a 12 week league......

the more I shoot my Prestige.....the more my thoughts turn to selling the switchback and the Icon....and getting a couple more Prestiges......one in camo for hunting........another in all black (40-50lbs) for indoor....

I wish there were a good hoyt dealer around to shoot a vulcan.......

tek
05-23-2007, 09:00 PM
No kidding. Who set those?

Gladys Willems set the records in FITA with the Vulcan in the Netherlands. I think the one score was a 1411. Not sure about the other.

tek
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Prestige has a 6"brace.........

one of the most accurate bows I have ever shot.....

my switchback shoots lights out.....

my Icon is pretty much a given to shoot at least 8-10, 300's in a 12 week league......

the more I shoot my Prestige.....the more my thoughts turn to selling the switchback and the Icon....and getting a couple more Prestiges......one in camo for hunting........another in all black (40-50lbs) for indoor....

I wish there were a good hoyt dealer around to shoot a vulcan.......

I've heard the Prestige is a real shooter. I would like to try both the Prestige and Martin Slayer. I've yet to see either around here. We have no Martin dealers around :noidea:

You need to find a Hoyt dealer and at least shoot the Vulcan just to try it.

BUNNYMAN
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I've heard the Prestige is a real shooter. I would like to try both the Prestige and Martin Slayer. I've yet to see either around here. We have no Martin dealers around :noidea:

You need to find a Hoyt dealer and at least shoot the Vulcan just to try it.

I am trying to do just that......

You wont see a prestige around most likely.....its a short draw bow......and just like lefties we have to special order everything.....:mad:

I have a bunch of guys that shoot league w/me...... when I was telling them about the bow and showed them pictures of it......they were like oh thats a nice bow.....

but when i got and they held and fondled it......guess what 3 guys have ordered them......that right there is why you need to stock one of every model in a line up....:noidea:

tek
05-24-2007, 08:57 AM
I know what you mean Bowman.

Try being Left handed and having a short draw :biggrin1:

With no lefty bows to try at all I had to order a Vulcan based on my friends recomendation. He has been in archery for probably over 30 years, after he shot them all (right handed) he recomended the Vulcan. So I took his word for it and bought it. Glad I did.

BUNNYMAN
05-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I know what you mean Bowman.

Try being Left handed and having a short draw :biggrin1:

With no lefty bows to try at all I had to order a Vulcan based on my friends recomendation. He has been in archery for probably over 30 years, after he shot them all (right handed) he recomended the Vulcan. So I took his word for it and bought it. Glad I did.

o.k. now for the important stuff......what color did you get it in???:noidea: :biggrin1:

tek
05-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Its just plain ole Camo. Its going to be my hunting bow.

Maybe next year I will get a new Fancy bow for 3D only :biggrin1:

BowhuntnHoosier
05-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Its just plain ole Camo. Its going to be my hunting bow.

Maybe next year I will get a new Fancy bow for 3D only :biggrin1:

What do you mean just plain ole Camo......................thats the best color out there.:peace:

BUNNYMAN
05-24-2007, 04:38 PM
What do you mean just plain ole Camo......................thats the best color out there.:peace:

camo...........:puke:

tek
05-24-2007, 06:39 PM

I agree.......for Hunting, camo is the best :biggrin1:

kbohunt
05-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I think I,I mean we shoot so good around here we need to give the animal's we sling arrow's at a chance!
CROME & BLACK MIRROR- CAMO!
THAT"S the best color!:laugh: