View 2........

jcmorgan31
10-12-2007, 11:31 AM
They came out with the bow I asked for a year too late......:peace:

Chris
10-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Dang, someone beat me to it.

Anyone have thoughts on the bow?
Anyone think they will have another bow?

jcmorgan31
10-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Sorry Chris.....they don't call me the thunda-steala for nothing.....:biggrin1:

Looks like they finally built what a lot of their shooters wanted. I predict they will have a couple more either new bows or modifications to other bows.

jcmorgan31
10-12-2007, 11:52 AM

Believe it or not.....I think it was actually realesed on the Mathews forums first for once.....:D

IChim2
10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
The Drenlin ld should be a big seller this year.I know a lot of Mathews fans has wanted a longer ata.

Pinwheel1969
10-12-2007, 11:57 AM

no!!! there good for a new bow a year. and a ld drenalin aint to exciting.. I thought they'd have more than a revamped drenalin!:tape:

BuckeyeRed
10-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Looks clean and I'm sure it draws like butter w/ that nice smooth cam. And I have to say Mathews still makes some of the best looking bows on the market today. That being said, I was hoping for something more. Hopefully they bring out more than one flagship hunting bow.

BuckeyeRed
10-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I thought they weren't going w/ RealTree this yr??? :noidea:

BuckeyeRed
10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I see Blueberry is back, BowHuntinHoosier should be happy. :p

jcmorgan31
10-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I see Blueberry is back, BowHuntinHoosier should be happy. :p

So is pink so Bunnyman should be peeing in his panties today....

Cameron
10-12-2007, 12:39 PM

Nothing innovative like most of the competition this year, same old crappy grip, speed is not up there with the competition.

On a positive note, with the longer ATA, there should be more places to add dampeners for the 09 model.:lol:

'SIN'ERGY
10-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Another year and another year with a remake of last years bow.

"CATCH US IF YOU CAN"???? I think you have been caught.

BuckeyeRed
10-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Nothing innovative like most of the competition this year, same old crappy grip, speed is not up there with the competition.

On a positive note, with the longer ATA, there should be more places to add dampeners for the 09 model.:lol:

My guess is someone is not a Mathews fan??? Man you guys are tuff to spot. lol:D

hoyt_hunter007
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM

kinda what i thought...Took them a whole year to design a bow with a longer ata measurement? :lol:

How about them engineers at Mathews....:bored:

P.S. I dont mean to sound like a hater, but come on this is rediculous

BuckeyeRed
10-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Chris, If it's due out on the 15th when do you think you will receive your first shipment?

Cameron
10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
My guess is someone is not a Mathews fan??? Man you guys are tuff to spot. lol:D

Oh, don't get me wrong, the new bow looks nice, if it were priced at 399.:D

Yes, I own a Mathews, with the blueberry color, crappy grip and slow speed.:rockon:

BuckeyeRed
10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, the new bow looks nice, if it were priced at 399.:D

Yes, I own a Mathews, with the blueberry color, crappy grip and slow speed.:rockon:

I would like to see any top of the line proline shooter for $400.00 :amen:

And no, I'm not interested in a Martin Bengal:lol:

Cameron
10-12-2007, 01:21 PM
And no, I'm not interested in a Martin Bengal:lol:

Now that is funny!:lol: Love the Bagel reports, Smooth, Shock Free, shoots just like an $800 bow!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now back to the 08 Drenalong.... Being that they saved a ton of money on R&D, the bow should be 399. That is my story and I am sticking to it.:lol:

J.C.
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Pretty nice looking bow. I think the Mathews guys will be happy. I'm not buying one, though. :D

STRO
10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I'll have to agree with Cameron and Synergy. Another year and nothing really different. I use to shoot Mathews and liked everything about the bow except for that fat grip. Until they get rid of that I will not shoot one. I know I can buy an aftermarket grip but why should I have to spend the extra money after I drop $750 on a new bow. Although, I don't really know what the bow companies do to come out with a bow that is that much better than the bows that are out now. It seems we have reached a little bit of a peak. All they can do now is to try and make them a little faster and I guess Mathews isn't trying that route.

Gator eye
10-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Weak compared to other company's......you think they're holding something back??:D

Cameron
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
...you think they're holding something back??:D

Nope.:noidea:

BowhuntnHoosier
10-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Nice looking bow and yes I will probably shoot one but I do not think it will replace my XT. As a matter of fact I'm sure of it...........my XT is paid for.:lol:

Mathews is not doing anything revolutionary but they come out with new bows every year and they sell like hotcakes. My XT was my first Mathews and I was sold on it after about 10 shots. Its all about how the particular bow feels in a persons hands. I truly loved the feel of the Tribute until I shot the XT. As far as speed increase I just do not know what they can do more with a single cam. Blackmax 2 is fast 340+ with the Turbo MaxCam but a 5.5" BH. Definately not for this poor form shooter.:tape:

Blueberry.........did someone say blueberry???:peace:

STRO
10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Nice looking bow and yes I will probably shoot one but I do not think it will replace my XT. As a matter of fact I'm sure of it...........my XT is paid for.:lol:

Mathews is not doing anything revolutionary but they come out with new bows every year and they sell like hotcakes. My XT was my first Mathews and I was sold on it after about 10 shots. Its all about how the particular bow feels in a persons hands. I truly loved the feel of the Tribute until I shot the XT. As far as speed increase I just do not know what they can do more with a single cam. Blackmax 2 is fast 340+ with the Turbo MaxCam but a 5.5" BH. Definately not for this poor form shooter.:tape:

Blueberry.........did someone say blueberry???:peace:

Yeah, they sell like hotcakes. I think their marketing is better then any other company right now and that's why so many people are buying their bows. They do have good bows, but they are not superior to any other.

BUNNYMAN
10-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I am hearing from a good source, that there will be 4 new bows.....:noidea: :noidea:

supposedly.....

Jay Are
10-12-2007, 02:48 PM

YIKES!!!! - but how true!!

Dredly
10-12-2007, 02:50 PM
How can this possibly surprise anyone? What was the last bow that was released by Mathews and did not have another version of the same bow released the next year?

They are still great bows, don't get me wrong but you would think the price tag would reflect the lack of a new design :frusty:

tek
10-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Its a good looking bow and it will sell very well to the Mathews faithfuls.

I cant wait to test shoot it but I'm a little disappointed in the speed department and price if this is correct, MSRP $899 IBO 315 fps :noidea:

'SIN'ERGY
10-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Its a good looking bow and it will sell very well to the Mathews faithfuls.

I cant wait to test shoot it but I'm a little disappointed in the speed department and price if this is correct, MSRP $899 IBO 315 fps :noidea:

When they said "catch us if you can" maybe they meant the price tag???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybee-R
10-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Weak compared to other company's......you think they're holding something back??:DYep. there is more but they are tight lipped about it.
And I may have to give the Ld a shot this year. like the idea of a light weight bow. so I can add a bunch of weight to it. where I like it, not them.

Jay Are
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
When they said "catch us if you can" maybe they meant the price tag???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do mean --- since adding a few inches to the limbs to last years technology?????

Now they can add a few Hundred more dollars to the price tag! :biggrin1:

IChim2
10-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Might as well get my toe's steped on.As much as i hate to say it...bows have just about reached their pinacle.What is it that people want other than what the speed guys want.I read where guys say...man that bows fast..but man is the draw cycle harsh.Than there's the one's that...yeah...it would a nice bow if it were faster.Than there's the one's who say(and this is the one i laugh at)....Yeah..just another one of your 550$ mid line bow's from a mid line company(but i never hear of these bows having limb problems..ha ha.).So far what new bow's i've seen have a few minor changes..mostly cosmetic and i've heard a few good things from those who like that brand...but i've read more negitve about how it looks.If a lot of people want to see big changes in a bow...they are going to have to adjust to what they'll be seeing or feeling.jmo

Dredly
10-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Might as well get my toe's steped on.As much as i hate to say it...bows have just about reached their pinacle.What is it that people want other than what the speed guys want.I read where guys say...man that bows fast..but man is the draw cycle harsh.Than there's the one's that...yeah...it would a nice bow if it were faster.Than there's the one's who say(and this is the one i laugh at)....Yeah..just another one of your 550$ mid line bow's from a mid line company(but i never hear of these bows having limb problems..ha ha.).So far what new bow's i've seen have a few minor changes..mostly cosmetic and i've heard a few good things from those who like that brand...but i've read more negitve about how it looks.If a lot of people want to see big changes in a bow...they are going to have to adjust to what they'll be seeing or feeling.jmo

My thoughts:

1. Bows are not at the pinnacle yet. Look where we were 5 years ago and fast forward to now. The Black Mamba was the Speed king with under 350 FPS and a 5 inch brace. Now we are getting 350 with 7 inch brace.

2. There is no reason we can't have speed and a smooth draw. Manufacturers realize that selling the same old technology over and over again is a good way to make money because we keep buying it. Why change? Mathews is a great example.

3. Seeing the changes doesn't matter. People want to read about them and brag :)

4. I am 100% in favor of bow prices dropping quickly. Martin is doing great with their Bengal, the Mission line is selling well... People now a days don't have the money to go out and buy a 800.00 bow every year, or multiples for that matter. Going lower in price is a huge win for everyone

BUNNYMAN
10-13-2007, 07:42 AM
you know I never thought of it but the Drenalin LD has alot of the same specs as my old Icon, might make a great indoor bow.....:noidea:

BowhuntnHoosier
10-13-2007, 08:32 AM
you know I never thought of it but the Drenalin LD has alot of the same specs as my old Icon, might make a great indoor bow.....:noidea:

Does it come in PINK also???:laugh: J/K

I told you not to sell that bow.:frusty:

BUNNYMAN
10-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Does it come in PINK also???:laugh: J/K

I told you not to sell that bow.:frusty:

no, that bow had to go......I need something new!!!!:lol:

BowhuntnHoosier
10-13-2007, 07:10 PM
no, that bow had to go......I need something new!!!!:lol:

So any word yet on the...........well you know????:biggrin1:

BUNNYMAN
10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
So any word yet on the...........well you know????:biggrin1:

not right yet but soon.......

timberghost
10-14-2007, 02:40 PM
2008 Mathews... a new bow...

Drenalin LD
37" axle-to-axle
7" brace
4.15 lbs
26-31 draw lengths available.
IBO 315 fps

They only sent a brochure, no bow yet.

Saw it first here is right!!

I called the pro shop and they had no idea of what I was talking about. I directed them to the web site and he goes "huh, I'll have to call Mathews on Monday and find out for you".

I am definately going to check this bow out.

Ronhop
10-14-2007, 03:09 PM

I was thinking the same thing. But I have my Ovation so the Drenalin LD better blow my socks off to even consider it (even though I won't consider it anyway...). I'm glad the have Blueberry though... :rockon:

Ron

jcmorgan31
10-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing. But I have my Ovation so the Drenalin LD better blow my socks off to even consider it (even though I won't consider it anyway...). I'm glad the have Blueberry though... :rockon:

Ron

I'm a little confused as to the niche this bow feels. When I shot Mathews I always wanted a parallel limbed 37"-38" bow. Now I can't figure out for the life of me what it's purpose would be.... They have it in target colors, but why would anyone replace a C4 with it when the C4 has a sweet grip? Speed isn't important inside, so the Ovation is probably just as practical. I see it feeling in the niche of hunters that want a longer ATA.

Maybee-R
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm a little confused as to the niche this bow feels. When I shot Mathews I always wanted a parallel limbed 37"-38" bow. Now I can't figure out for the life of me what it's purpose would be.... They have it in target colors, but why would anyone replace a C4 with it when the C4 has a sweet grip? Speed isn't important inside, so the Ovation is probably just as practical. I see it feeling in the niche of hunters that want a longer ATA.
maybe someone would like a fancy looking 3/d set up? but I agree you wouldnt see allot of sales for just 3/d. I think for an all around bow hunting, 3/d and spots camo would do just fine. heck every colored bow I try ed to resale dropped in value worst than the camo. camo for me from now on. I guess I'm as confused as you are.

BUNNYMAN
10-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Ron

I am thinking it would be a slighlty lighter faster Ovation Icon, combo BOW

i think the Icon was a top notch indoor bow, and would have loved to shoot it for 3d.....but it was even slower than tha SLovation......I would love do all and do all well bow.....

I have a few buddies that shoot Icons for indoor bow and they all remove the wood grip and shoot off the riser.....

BUNNYMAN
10-24-2007, 11:24 PM
so now I am mad.....

I kept getting told about the 4 new bows......

well just heard that the Mission Journey, is one of them....:frusty: :frusty:

So its the Drenanlin LD and 2 more.......

ONE has to be a speed bow I would think....:noidea: