You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member beenfarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Posts
    956

    Thumbs up Primos blood hunter!

    Holy cow, Used one of these blood hunter lights from Primos-


    https://shop.primos.com/pc-1027-85-b...spotlight.aspx

    This thing really works!!! I have heard poor reviews about the Gerber tracking light, but thing amazed me. Blood turned bright hot pink. It has a green and a red High wattage led, and some how it shines yellow? The only down fall was the shadows were the color of blood due to the red led, so you had to train your brain to look for pink, and not red. I was truly impressed. I think the Primos site has them about $15 over priced from everywhere else. My eyesight is starting to go, and this thing really helped pick out blood. I'm not affiliated with the light in any way, just seen a buddy use his, and now I want one!

    Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

    FBSA Member

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beenfarr View Post
    Holy cow, Used one of these blood hunter lights from Primos-


    https://shop.primos.com/pc-1027-85-b...spotlight.aspx

    This thing really works!!! I have heard poor reviews about the Gerber tracking light, but thing amazed me. Blood turned bright hot pink. It has a green and a red High wattage led, and some how it shines yellow? The only down fall was the shadows were the color of blood due to the red led, so you had to train your brain to look for pink, and not red. I was truly impressed. I think the Primos site has them about $15 over priced from everywhere else. My eyesight is starting to go, and this thing really helped pick out blood. I'm not affiliated with the light in any way, just seen a buddy use his, and now I want one!

    Ben
    yeah the shop has one, and I was gonna snag it, to look for Larry's deer last night, but the battarie wasnt charged.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Movin on up!!! bullfiddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,308

    Default

    I was thinkin about trying one of these but I have read some bad reviews on these too. Now I don't know what to do. We used to do alot of tracking with a coleman lantern....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    I was thinkin about trying one of these but I have read some bad reviews on these too. Now I don't know what to do. We used to do alot of tracking with a coleman lantern....
    Larry and I used a head lamp and a mini mag light.......and a few extra batteries.....worked great......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Hmmm....that's interesting 'cause my brother bought that Primos one and we were less than impressed with it.

    Glad you are plesed though.....
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  6. #6
    Senior Member beenfarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Hmmm....that's interesting 'cause my brother bought that Primos one and we were less than impressed with it.

    Glad you are plesed though.....
    Wow, I was really impressed. That said, this was a blood trail Ray Charles could have followed, we were just checking the light out. But keep the opinions coming, maybe I am easily impressed???

    Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

    FBSA Member

  7. #7
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beenfarr View Post
    Wow, I was really impressed. That said, this was a blood trail Ray Charles could have followed, we were just checking the light out. But keep the opinions coming, maybe I am easily impressed???

    Ben
    maybe it was the color thing....(pink)
    I cut things up and split them down!

  8. #8
    Senior Member beenfarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    maybe it was the color thing....(pink)
    Stop it..silly!

    Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

    FBSA Member

  9. #9
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Maybe our expectations were too high, we were trying it out on a poorly placed shot on a hog....very slim blood trail.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  10. #10

    Default

    I would like to see more reviews of this item.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  11. #11
    Super Member BuckeyeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beenfarr View Post
    Holy cow, Used one of these blood hunter lights from Primos-


    https://shop.primos.com/pc-1027-85-b...spotlight.aspx

    This thing really works!!! I have heard poor reviews about the Gerber tracking light, but thing amazed me. Blood turned bright hot pink. It has a green and a red High wattage led, and some how it shines yellow? The only down fall was the shadows were the color of blood due to the red led, so you had to train your brain to look for pink, and not red. I was truly impressed. I think the Primos site has them about $15 over priced from everywhere else. My eyesight is starting to go, and this thing really helped pick out blood. I'm not affiliated with the light in any way, just seen a buddy use his, and now I want one!

    Ben

    Havnt tried the Primos, but I have tried the Gerber one, I liked it. The flood light on it is very bright as well. It does take awhile to get used to the way it works though.

  12. #12
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I would like to see more reviews of this item.
    we have the one at the shop allcharged up so now if sombody would get a deer.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Havnt tried the Primos, but I have tried the Gerber one, I liked it. The flood light on it is very bright as well. It does take awhile to get used to the way it works though.
    yeah thats a super bright light
    a friend got me one fer christmas last yr



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Similar Threads

  1. 1 dz Carbon Express Arrows ***BLOOD WRAPS***
    By myersbuck in forum Archery Equipment Accessories - Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
  2. 2005 pse primos stl bare bow
    By OneMustFall in forum PSE Bows for Sale or Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
  3. Looks like AT is down again, might get some more new blood
    By Chris in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 08:36 PM
  4. pse primos
    By miner in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •