You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default New to the bow scene, and the forum

I just purchased my first bow after a long, drug out, exhausting search for the right bow. I ended up purchasing a fred bear quantum bow package. I bought it for the price and the comfort it actually had. Plus Being my first bow I didnt see the need to spend big $. It seems to be a pretty good bow so far but I have only had it for about 2 weeks and have not had a lot of shooting time with it. Just wondering if anyone has any input about this bow cause i looked on the website and cannot find this model, I am thinking that this bow got replaced by another but not sure. Anyways I am sure i will have more questions once i start shooting more.

Sorry, I don't have any information on your specific bow, but welcome to the forums. There's a lot of knowledgable people here so don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I wouldn't put too much effort in trying to find info on the bow. Often times, you more negative info than positive. Any bow that is working properly and adjusted properly will out shoot the shooter.

Just get yourself hooked up with a shop, or someone who has the knowlege, to make sure the draw length is set to your personal measurements. Ask any questions you wish, we'll try and help you out.
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Sounds good to me. I went tonight and shot it for a few hours and it seems to work good for me just trying to get it sighted in seems to be the tricky part i am used to guns lol. as for the sight it came with the bow and i have not taken too close of look at it but is is a 3 pin sight any suggestions on what colors should be sighted in for (approx range)? Thanks for the info.

Tim

Your pin colors will be your preference.

If your sights have fiber optic pins, I would go with the brightest as a short yardage pin. And the dim one for long range.

Just my opinion tho. You do what works.
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.