You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Hey Meanv...

Default Hey Meanv...

Any news from the Vapor Trail camp? I've been hoping for an updated Limb Driver since last year's version came to market. They really need to clean up this rest, heck I'm almost ashamed to put one on my Proelite. Don't get me wrong, it's a great rest, just needs a little work in the "fit and finish" department.
    "Courage is grace under pressure." ~ Ernest Hemingway

I haven't heard of any changes. I might give them a call next week and see, but to me the rest is Awesome. To shoot one is to Love one. I have yet to set one up and have any clearance problems with it. I can't say that about the many other Drop aways I've setup. What do you want to see changed Zac??

Here's a pic of the one I had dipped HD Green to go on my Guardian

Dan
    Last edited by MeanV2; 01-03-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

I love the way the LD works and have had zero problems setting them up. The only complaint that I have with them is the crappy finish. I ordered a "silver" version only to realize that it was raw aluminum and poorly finished at that. I had to spend CONSIDERABLE time removing machine marks and rough edges to make it even slightly presentable. Then after about a month on the bow, the steel block that the launcher mounts to began to rust. I called and talked to Jared and basically he told me "they were working on some things". The overall fit and quality of the finish (at least on the silver models) is below acceptable. I went ahead and used the thing this last year, but I've just made up my mind that if the problems aren't corrected this year, I'll be using something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    I love the way the LD works and have had zero problems setting them up. The only complaint that I have with them is the crappy finish. I ordered a "silver" version only to realize that it was raw aluminum and poorly finished at that. I had to spend CONSIDERABLE time removing machine marks and rough edges to make it even slightly presentable. Then after about a month on the bow, the steel block that the launcher mounts to began to rust. I called and talked to Jared and basically he told me "they were working on some things". The overall fit and quality of the finish (at least on the silver models) is below acceptable. I went ahead and used the thing this last year, but I've just made up my mind that if the problems aren't corrected this year, I'll be using something else.
    What rest you use is your choice. I know they will address any problems they are encountering. They are too good of a company not to On another note I have only dealt directly with the Black ones and I have seen No such issues with them

You could always have it chrome plated

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

I didn't mean it to take it out on you, just *hoping* they'll get it figured out. I've talked to several folks that say the black anodized version looks A LOT better, so must just be a problem with the silver. Let me know if you find anything out from VT...

Will Do!! The VT Limb Driver is the best dropaway I have sold, setup, or used, bar none and there have been many

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default Agreed

I too was a bit disappointed in the finish of my limbdriver. I do believe it to be the best choice for a drop away rest out there but the finish leaves alot to be desired, especially at that price. I ended up sanding the machine marks out and polished and buffed it out. Hey MEANV, how 'bout working a deal out with VT for custom filmdipped options? Could work out good for all........

I do like the looks of that camo one.....Nice.
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

Quote Originally Posted by mdewitt71 View Post
    I do like the looks of that camo one.....Nice.
    Thanks Mike!! The Black finish is fine The Silver for the target guys sounds like is lacking. Custom dipping is always available just shoot me a PM

Dan
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com