You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default New hunter! what Bow?

    hey everyone im 18 from centeral minnesota and i love to deer hunt. i have alway hunted with my deer rifle but i want to get into bow hunting. i want a some what cheap bow that will work fine. biggest bang for my buck basicly (no pun intended) i was looking at the bear lights out. its in my price range (not over 350 im planing on asking santa for it) but i know nothing about the specs. its only 30 in long (im about 5' 9" if that matters). what are some other good bows in my price range. i plan on getting all the accsessories on my own befor next season so thats not a problem. is this the bow for me. any help would be great. thanks guys

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    never heard of it........

    look at the Mission X3.......good bang for the buck......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    never heard of it........

    look at the Mission X3.......good bang for the buck......
    Fanboy!!!!!!!
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  4. #4
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    You can get a Martin Cheetah for around $350. It is a 31" axle to axle bow and a better "bang for your buck" than most other bows...

    You shouldn't have to buy a 2nd class bow from a big time manufacturer to be able to afford it.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  5. #5
    #1 THREAD KILLER Pinwheel1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    at your course..taking your money
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nra07 View Post
    hey everyone im 18 from centeral minnesota and i love to deer hunt. i have alway hunted with my deer rifle but i want to get into bow hunting. i want a some what cheap bow that will work fine. biggest bang for my buck basicly (no pun intended) i was looking at the bear lights out. its in my price range (not over 350 im planing on asking santa for it) but i know nothing about the specs. its only 30 in long (im about 5' 9" if that matters). what are some other good bows in my price range. i plan on getting all the accsessories on my own befor next season so thats not a problem. is this the bow for me. any help would be great. thanks guys
    Go to the PSE web site. They have a new bow for 2008 called the Stinger. I shot this bow and was surprised when the rep. told me it was 299.99. I was guessing in the $400.00+ range. Single NI cam w/ machined risor. dead quiet and no vibration...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    Fanboy!!!!!!!
    have you ever shot an X3????
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    You can get a Martin Cheetah for around $350. It is a 31" axle to axle bow and a better "bang for your buck" than most other bows...

    You shouldn't have to buy a 2nd class bow from a big time manufacturer to be able to afford it.
    X3 is $339.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  8. #8
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    have you ever shot an X3????
    After I looked at it I saw no point......

    When your skills are limited like mine.....appearance is important.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  9. #9
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    After I looked at it I saw no point......

    When your skills are limited like mine.....appearance is important.....


    if you get a chance......shoot an arrow through it, its nicer than any of the Drenalin series......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  10. #10
    Movin on up!!! bullfiddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,308

    Default

    Nobody mentioned Parker Bows.......
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

  11. #11
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Nobody mentioned Parker Bows.......
    never heard of them......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    the cheetah looks good. anyone know anything about bear bows?

  13. #13
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    You can get a Martin Cheetah for around $350. It is a 31" axle to axle bow and a better "bang for your buck" than most other bows...

    You shouldn't have to buy a 2nd class bow from a big time manufacturer to be able to afford it.
    Fanboy!!!

  14. #14
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Stinger!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    Go to the PSE web site. They have a new bow for 2008 called the Stinger. I shot this bow and was surprised when the rep. told me it was 299.99. I was guessing in the $400.00+ range. Single NI cam w/ machined risor. dead quiet and no vibration...
    Pinwheel is right.
    The Stinger by PSE is hard ta beat for the Price $299 new for this year.
    PSE out did there selves with this bow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kbohunt; 11-21-2007 at 11:03 PM.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    whats good about the stinger

  16. #16
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nra07 View Post
    whats good about the stinger
    the price and the simplicity of it all......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    will it preform well in action

  18. #18
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Welcome to the forum nra07,
    All the bows mentioned are great starters...Do you have a shop near you where you can shoot afew different models and form your own opinions?
    that's basically what it boils down to...if your not comfortable w/ the grip or the weight or the A2A length or any other aspect of your equipment you wont shoot to your potential...so I recommend you go some where and get measured for your draw length and shoot some different bows...


  19. #19
    #1 THREAD KILLER Pinwheel1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    at your course..taking your money
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nra07 View Post
    whats good about the stinger
    whats good..about everything.
    31.5" A/A
    7 7/16" brace
    65% and 80% letoff
    machined risor
    new NI cam which basically a Browning Trance cam. No need for seperate mods.
    Adjustable draw from 25"-30"
    available in 50-60-70lbs
    304Ibo rating
    And top of the line warranty

    I'm not saying the others arent great bows...They are. and you couldnt go wrong with either.
    I was very happy with this bow.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

  20. #20
    #1 THREAD KILLER Pinwheel1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    at your course..taking your money
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Welcome to the forum nra07,
    All the bows mentioned are great starters...Do you have a shop near you where you can shoot afew different models and form your own opinions?
    that's basically what it boils down to...if your not comfortable w/ the grip or the weight or the A2A length or any other aspect of your equipment you wont shoot to your potential...so I recommend you go some where and get measured for your draw length and shoot some different bows...
    BH said it correct. Your going to need to shoot them before buying...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Similar Threads

  1. New Hunter! Need Help!
    By CJW in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 08:13 AM
  2. Hunter with a DUI
    By jcmorgan31 in forum Jokes Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM
  3. New Hunter.....maybe
    By Martlet in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 11:23 PM
  4. NEW hunter,hi everybody
    By ATA HUNTER in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 05:29 AM
  5. hog hunter
    By wildman in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •