You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just got back from West Virginia Hunting Trip!

This wasn't a bow hunting trip but it was still a blast and paid off very well

Just got back from West Virginia Hunting Trip! - General Archery Forum
    A black bear that my dad got a picture of. Im scared of them. lol
    West Virginia Mountains
    Finally got what i was looking for
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

The outcome of the hunt. Left to right..~ 8 pt, 4 pt, 7pt, spike, 6 pt.
    I got this second day ( tuesday ) 7 pt, no brow tines and no g4 i believe. He would of made a really nice 10. Im happy with what he is tho One of the biggest ive ever seen
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Glad ya finally got him Drew.... Looks like yall had a pretty good trip...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Site Guru

well done.

how many shots did it take ya?
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    well done.

how many shots did it take ya?
    how many shots is it going to take you to kill that 6 you keep wounding???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    The outcome of the hunt. Left to right..~ 8 pt, 4 pt, 7pt, spike, 6 pt.
    I got this second day ( tuesday ) 7 pt, no brow tines and no g4 i believe. He would of made a really nice 10. Im happy with what he is tho One of the biggest ive ever seen
    congrats drew, way to go buddy........

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    how many shots is it going to take you to kill that 6 you keep wounding???
    I'm thinking 2 more before he just gives up and dies.

The only deer I saw in Maine looked exactly like the 6 I've shot twice... I think he is following me
    No I'm not dead

Good job Drew, nothin better than hunting with family and friends..
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Only took him one shot for each. Spike in the neck and 7pt inch above and back of front shoulder. Both excellent shots that dropped them in their tracks saved me money on shells this year.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by compoundxx75 View Post
    Only took him one shot for each. Spike in the neck and 7pt inch above and back of front shoulder. Both excellent shots that dropped them in their tracks saved me money on shells this year.
    now that is just toooo sweet fellars
    I love it/

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Site Guru

good job! What is that like 5 deer this year so far?
    No I'm not dead

good job! What is that like 5 deer this year so far?
    My dad has 2 doe, I have a b buck and 2 buck and one doe. So, 6 so far all together and 4 for me this year, Me and my dad are down to just buck and my sister has 2 doe tags and a buck yet. Last year first day she had a spike 30 yards from her...guess what she was doing
    I play snake

My dad has 2 doe, I have a b buck and 2 buck and one doe. So, 6 so far all together and 4 for me this year, Me and my dad are down to just buck and my sister has 2 doe tags and a buck yet. Last year first day she had a spike 30 yards from her...guess what she was doing
    I thought you had other pics....you were going to post......

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I thought you had other pics....you were going to post......
    Which ones? Of W.V.?
    I play snake

Which ones? Of W.V.?
    didint you say you and your sister got deer or somthing???

We go to WVa every year and it is a blast. Just 5 of us are allowed to hunt almost 500 acres of mountain range. We have went to an all bucks only. 4 years ago they had a bad set of snow storms,61" in a few days, that circled the deer and they lost most of the herd. So we went to no doe and only buck and this is the second year we have taken 5 buck out. We have seen the quality of buck go up and the amount of doe have made a remarkable comeback. Quality management does work. The results after the storm years were as slow at first but now have picked up.
    We are allowed 1 buck with our regular tag and if you purchase and extra buck tag you must do it before the season starts so this year I got Drew one since he has had the luck down there. So we were able to take 3 deer between me and him. It paid off since good ole dad got to watch bear this year and not much of the deer . I had a blast with the bear, monday mother and 2 cubs, tuesday lone bear approx. 100 to 150lbs and wed. lone bear, in the pic, approx. 250 to 300lbs. These were my guesses at weights. Dont know how close they are because they were the first ones I had seen that close. What an experience.
    Total for the camp with 5 guys with 8 tags was 5 for 8. And I got to hold the boys spike because there was no way he was letting me near that 7 pt for the pic. Dont think I blame him. So thats my story from WVa this year. Good luck to all with your seasons and be safe.
    PS I know this was in another thread but there was one fatality that I heard of in WVa the first day. 67 year old fell out of an old wooden treestand. So please inspector your equipment and use a safety harness!!!!

Nice work guys...

Ron

Site Guru

We go to WVa every year and it is a blast. Just 5 of us are allowed to hunt almost 500 acres of mountain range. We have went to an all bucks only. 4 years ago they had a bad set of snow storms,61" in a few days, that circled the deer and they lost most of the herd. So we went to no doe and only buck and this is the second year we have taken 5 buck out. We have seen the quality of buck go up and the amount of doe have made a remarkable comeback. Quality management does work. The results after the storm years were as slow at first but now have picked up.
    We are allowed 1 buck with our regular tag and if you purchase and extra buck tag you must do it before the season starts so this year I got Drew one since he has had the luck down there. So we were able to take 3 deer between me and him. It paid off since good ole dad got to watch bear this year and not much of the deer . I had a blast with the bear, monday mother and 2 cubs, tuesday lone bear approx. 100 to 150lbs and wed. lone bear, in the pic, approx. 250 to 300lbs. These were my guesses at weights. Dont know how close they are because they were the first ones I had seen that close. What an experience.
    Total for the camp with 5 guys with 8 tags was 5 for 8. And I got to hold the boys spike because there was no way he was letting me near that 7 pt for the pic. Dont think I blame him. So thats my story from WVa this year. Good luck to all with your seasons and be safe.
    PS I know this was in another thread but there was one fatality that I heard of in WVa the first day. 67 year old fell out of an old wooden treestand. So please inspector your equipment and use a safety harness!!!!
    How big is your family? Figure at least 75 pounds of meat per deer... you are looking at over 400 pounds of venison... wow
    No I'm not dead

3 of us that hunt, Family of 4. I got 3 doe tags this year, my dad got 2 and my sister got 2. Then in W.V. we are capable of shooting 3 buck. We usually have guys from my dads work that want deer, so we give them some. we usually end up with 3-5 in the freezer... alot of steaks for me
    I play snake

How big is your family? Figure at least 75 pounds of meat per deer... you are looking at over 400 pounds of venison... wow
    Can you come and help process some deer here in Illinois. Those are average size deer and I don't think I could get 75 pounds of meat out of two of them. Do you eat hoof?

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor