You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Artic Cat ATV

Banned

Default Artic Cat ATV

I have a chance to buy a brand new artic cat 250. The son of a lady my wife works with won it in a drawing and wants $2500.00 for it so he can buy a car. Funny thing is he won it at a Ford dealership. Anyway anyone own a Artic Cat and what do you think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
    I have a chance to buy a brand new artic cat 250. The son of a lady my wife works with won it in a drawing and wants $2500.00 for it so he can buy a car. Funny thing is he won it at a Ford dealership. Anyway anyone own a Artic Cat and what do you think of them.
    is a 2007???
    I cut things up and split them down!

250 sounds small. Is it 4wd?

Banned

2008 model, and a 250 is just about right for my needs. Need some opinions on them good or bad

Banned

Well by the lack of response I would say Artic Cat atv's aren't that well liked.

2008 model, and a 250 is just about right for my needs. Need some opinions on them good or bad
    what are your needs?? Are you a big guy??......I have a 500 Suzuki and sometimes its too small.......99% of the time it does what I ask it too....

I am not an Arctic Cat ATV fan.......

Banned

I'm not a huge guy, about 200#. A 250 will be big enough, I've had a Kawasaki 185 for the last 12 years and it's just right. I was wondering about Artic Cat quality, I've heard really good and really bad.

I'm not a huge guy, about 200#. A 250 will be big enough, I've had a Kawasaki 185 for the last 12 years and it's just right. I was wondering about Artic Cat quality, I've heard really good and really bad.
    I havea couple of buddy's that have them and really like them,.......I just think they are FUGLY....

My gf's parents have two of them and love them.
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350
    2010 Strother SR-71
    2009 Bowtech Beast
    Sufferer of Gray Wolf Woolens addiction......

Thumbs up

I have a 2002 400i 4x4.I really like it..more than enough power for me,never a problem out of it except I had to replace the master cylinder/brake assembly this year,and a new battery.
    It also has a Suzuki engine on it I believe.It's hauled lots of trailer loads of firewood,dozens of deer,it starts right up no matter how cold it is outside.Wish I had the $$ to buy the new 2 rider one I drooled all over at the dealer a few weeks ago

friends/neighbor of the land owner we hunt on has a few Arctic Cat ATV..ones a 650 or 750 something,anyway the things a BEAST..Kawasaki engine,scary power

I have one and it is the greatest thing. I ve had that thing under water completly in a river and its still alive. We got ours for 5000 i think, so yes i would buy it for 2500
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by icom View Post
    I have a 2002 400i 4x4.I really like it..more than enough power for me,never a problem out of it except I had to replace the master cylinder/brake assembly this year,and a new battery.
    It also has a Suzuki engine on it I believe.It's hauled lots of trailer loads of firewood,dozens of deer,it starts right up no matter how cold it is outside.Wish I had the $$ to buy the new 2 rider one I drooled all over at the dealer a few weeks ago

friends/neighbor of the land owner we hunt on has a few Arctic Cat ATV..ones a 650 or 750 something,anyway the things a BEAST..Kawasaki engine,scary power
    So Artic Cat puts Kawasaki engines on them?

So Artic Cat puts Kawasaki engines on them?
    yep..Suzuki on my '02 400i ( I'm pretty sure,but I would have to look to be positive,and the ATV is out at the farm we hunt on ),pretty positive it's the same engine that was used on the Suzuki Eiger ?...and thats a Kawi engine on that big beast AC ,big ole "Kawasaki" right on the side of the engine case..I just looked at and rode that ATV before the start of the season

I own a 2005 Arctic Cat 400. I love it. Haven't had any problems. I love the 13in clearance and the independent suspesion. The clearance comes in handy alot!!! They are belt driven but the only ones that I know that have problems with slipping is the 700's. They have a little too much power for a belt.

2500.00 for a 250 is an awesome deal. My 4 wheeler's dealers cost was 5700.00 and he was trying to sell them for 6500.00

Got any questions, just give me a pm.

my 400i is all shaft driven its a manual trans too though,and yes that ground clearance is great