You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Need the whole package!

First just let me say that this is a great forum and is my first time posting here. Followed a link here a couple of days ago and have been enjoying it daily.

It's been 18 yrs since I've picked up a bow. Now I'm 50 yrs young and my son has taken up the sport and would like me to get back into it again so here I am looking for some advice/opinions. Technology has changed so much over time, I've spent the last couple of weeks researching the new bows, sights, arrows etc. and have put a "package" together in my head but would like your thoughts.

Bow: PSE BRUTE 50 - 60#
    Rest: Drop-away
    Sight: Fiber Optic (Cobra or Copper John)
    Arrows:Carbon w/100gr. Muzzy MX3

Any thoughts????

My main concern at this point would be the bow. This seems to be a very good bow for the money. Anybody here have any experience with this particular bow either good or bad? My main concern is that it is quick and quiet. Given my draw lenght is 29" and I'll be shooting a release, what kind of arrow speed can one expect with this setup at a 55# draw weight? Not sure what total arrow weight would be so I don't know if that would even be a valid question at this point.

Sorry to get so long winded here but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this board not to mention years of experience so I thank you in advance for you're input.

Half Draw

half draw. Can't offer a whole lot of help, but i'm sure someone here will have an opinon.
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?

Here is some links to a wealth of info for 2007 bows and other archery related equipment.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bo...ations-all.htm

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm
    I kill foam

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by Half Draw View Post
    First just let me say that this is a great forum and is my first time posting here. Followed a link here a couple of days ago and have been enjoying it daily.

It's been 18 yrs since I've picked up a bow. Now I'm 50 yrs young and my son has taken up the sport and would like me to get back into it again so here I am looking for some advice/opinions. Technology has changed so much over time, I've spent the last couple of weeks researching the new bows, sights, arrows etc. and have put a "package" together in my head but would like your thoughts.

Any thoughts????

My main concern at this point would be the bow. This seems to be a very good bow for the money. Anybody here have any experience with this particular bow either good or bad? My main concern is that it is quick and quiet. Given my draw lenght is 29" and I'll be shooting a release, what kind of arrow speed can one expect with this setup at a 55# draw weight? Not sure what total arrow weight would be so I don't know if that would even be a valid question at this point.

Sorry to get so long winded here but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this board not to mention years of experience so I thank you in advance for you're input.

Half Draw
    are you bowhunting, 3D or indoor or all archery
    The PSE-Brute is a pretty good intry level bow
    But PSE has even a better 08 hunting bow at a cheaper price $299 the Stinger but with a short AL it is designed for hunting and treestands
    Its a better shooter to me than the brute.
    I would see if you can get your hands on one first if your bowhunting only.
    And to the forum.
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Any thoughts????
    Welcome to the forum,
    I don't know much about the Brute, but Ken knows his PSE's
    I haven't shot the stinger yet...
    I like the Copper John line, and Muzzy is the way to go...
    As for arrows, I like Carbon Express Maximas
    and I shoot a Wisker Biscuit Rest on my hunting bow...

Default Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    are you bowhunting, 3D or indoor or all archery
    The PSE-Brute is a pretty good intry level bow
    But PSE has even a better 08 hunting bow at a cheaper price $299 the Stinger but with a short AL it is designed for hunting and treestands
    Its a better shooter to me than the brute.
    I would see if you can get your hands on one first if your bowhunting only.
    And to the forum.
    Funny that you should mention the Stinger. Called a shop the other day and they want me to shoot the Stinger as they felt it was a better shooting bow for the $$$

Thanks Again!!!

to the forum! You'll find these people on here know a heck of a lot.

For under $300, I can't offer you much help, but a great bow that is on sale right now pretty much everywhere is the Fred Bear Truth. You can pick one up for about $400, and that thing will last you a lifetime. It is pretty quiet, super quick (considering the price) and is made by Bear, so you know it is durable as heck.

I'd recommend the Carbon Express Maxima's also...but make sure you get Blazer vanes on them. CX is known for their crappy gluing on the fletchings, so you'll either need to replace them right away, or you can get the HUNTERS that already come with them.

GOOD LUCK ON THE SEARCH!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Any thoughts????

Half Draw

this bow is top notch for the price... I have experience w/ that bow. bought one for my wife last year.very solid. decent speed at 304ibo rating. good brace height at 8.5". very forgiving and real quiet. you wont be disapointed...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS