You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado, much better than California
    Posts
    2

    Default Finding a new bow

    Hello Guys and Gals.

    First post, and need some advice. And some answers if known.

    I am looking at a new bow, to replace what I have now.

    Currently I shoot a Apache Warrior bow, at 65lbs. It is at least 7 years old, maybe older. I got it as payment for bills my roommate owed me. I can't find any manufacturer sticker, so I don't know who made it.

    Question #1, does anyone know who made this bow and how I can get info on it? I have searched online, googled, etc. No luck at all.

    Second, question. Details first.

    Looking at a new bow, the RedHead Kryptik, from Bass Pro. I shot it along with 10 other bows yesterday at their range. It felt the best, I was able to group the best shots I have seen in a long time. Other bows shot were PSE, Browning, other RedHeads and others I can't remember.

    The sales guy said that other manufacturers make their bows, ie. Bow Tech, Browning, etc. and Bass Pro places their name on them. True??

    And, anyone had experience with this particular bow?

    Any help or assistance is appreciated. Just want to make sure I don't find any suprises in this bow.
    Last edited by FreightDog; 11-27-2007 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Member MOBuzzCut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Springfield, Mo
    Posts
    170

    Default Redhead Bows

    As Far as i know as of right now Bowtech is making Redheads bows
    I'd Rather be BOWHUNTING!!!

  3. #3
    Diamond in the Rough clemenlp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Urbana, Ohio
    Posts
    453

    Default

    First off,

    I would say that if you shot multiple bows by multiple DIFFERENT manufacturers and this one felt the best then go for it. I will say that not knowing which ones you shot if you shot 10 bows and 5 were PSE and 3 were martin, for example only, then you may want to shot some by different manufactures. But if you shot for example 2 diamonds, 2 pse, 2 martin..... then you can feel comfortable that you are making the correct decision.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

    Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOBuzzCut View Post
    As Far as i know as of right now Bowtech is making Redheads bows
    really??? I did not know that........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado, much better than California
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thanks for the info guys.

    As far as shooting, yes, it was multiple models, different manufacturers.

    I did shoot two PSE's, but neither felt good. They don't have the X-Force, and would have loved to shoot that, but was told and have heard elsewhere that the speeds PSE claims are very hard to obtain. Even the rep that came to Bass Pro had a hard time making 300 fps with his set up. Not exactly astounding as the price would indicate.

    I have decided on the Kryptic, just have to decide to get now or wait till sales start coming on. Very hard to sit and look and not take home.

    Anyone have any idea on the Apache Warrier I have and who makes it? So far, no luck at all.

  6. #6
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Welcome...
    Good luck with the Kryptic...and don't forget the pics....


  7. #7
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    If they told you an X-force had a hard time making 300fps, the I'd look for advice elsewhere....

    I'm not a fan of PSE, have never owned one, and don't promote their stuff, but I know better than that..... sounds like they were just trying to make a sale.

    I don't know about the specific models you listed, but if one felt good in your hand and you could shoot it well, then the right bow has chosen you.


    Quote Originally Posted by FreightDog View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

    As far as shooting, yes, it was multiple models, different manufacturers.

    I did shoot two PSE's, but neither felt good. They don't have the X-Force, and would have loved to shoot that, but was told and have heard elsewhere that the speeds PSE claims are very hard to obtain. Even the rep that came to Bass Pro had a hard time making 300 fps with his set up. Not exactly astounding as the price would indicate.

    I have decided on the Kryptic, just have to decide to get now or wait till sales start coming on. Very hard to sit and look and not take home.

    Anyone have any idea on the Apache Warrier I have and who makes it? So far, no luck at all.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  8. #8
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    If they told you an X-force had a hard time making 300fps, the I'd look for advice elsewhere....
    man I agree completly.......the X force is a screamer thats for sure.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  9. #9
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    man I agree completly.......the X force is a screamer thats for sure.......
    if they said they had a hard time hitting 350 I'd definitely buy that, even 340 but 300? not likely.

    Let me give you some advice... never trust the techs at the large chain stores. as a general rule most (not all) but most are crappy techs that know nothing and can't setup a bow. Go to a pro shop. You may spend a few more dollars but you'll get a great product as opposed to getting one now that you won't like in a few years.
    No I'm not dead

  10. #10
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    if they said they had a hard time hitting 350 I'd definitely buy that, even 340 but 300? not likely.

    Let me give you some advice... never trust the techs at the large chain stores. as a general rule most (not all) but most are crappy techs that know nothing and can't setup a bow. Go to a pro shop. You may spend a few more dollars but you'll get a great product as opposed to getting one now that you won't like in a few years.
    this coming from a guy who wont buy NEW.........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  11. #11
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    this coming from a guy who wont buy NEW.........
    he doesn't mind spending other people's money.

  12. #12
    Movin on up!!! bullfiddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,308

    Default

    I got your back on this one Dredly I haven't bought a brand new bow in years...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

  13. #13
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    this coming from a guy who wont buy NEW.........
    I also won't buy a bow from Bass pro
    No I'm not dead

Similar Threads

  1. Finding shoots to go to
    By ABlade in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 07:32 PM
  2. finding a hung stand in tha dark
    By Holy Smokes in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 06:53 PM
  3. Finding Tiller Specs.
    By newbiehunter in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 11:42 AM
  4. finding local bow hunters to talk to
    By jwc84 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •