You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swintj1 UPDATED FORM After YOUR HELP!

Hey all,

I shot today and I have been working on the things you told me to, so here is the result! Sorry the video is sideways, I don't know how to fix that

Here is the aftermath photo of the target today from 20 yards.

I KNOW MY DRAW LOOKS TO HEAVY...but that is because it is. It was set at 70# when I asked for 64. Problem fixed now, so just ignore when I draw it!

Things I've done:
    1.Narrowed my Stance
    2.Straightened my Back
    3.Shortened my Release by 1"
    4.Applying slight backpressure as I squeeze trigger now
    5.Breathe in, and hold breathe during the shot to stabilize body

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2FMMrbyYt4

Photo: Swintj1 UPDATED FORM After YOUR HELP! - General Archery Forum
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Here is what it looks like NOW:

Swintj1 UPDATED FORM After YOUR HELP! - General Archery Forum

OLD STYLE:

See a difference?
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Looks good to me

feet need to be a tad bit closer. shoulder distance apart.. stance to open for good balance. and its ok to close your bow hand. just relax them around the grip. some think if they hold hand open.. it will keep them from torqing. with no side resistance its easier to torque w/ open hand. should help your groupings too.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    feet need to be a tad bit closer. shoulder distance apart.. stance to open for good balance. and its ok to close your bow hand. just relax them around the grip. some think if they hold hand open.. it will keep them from torqing. with no side resistance its easier to torque w/ open hand. should help your groupings too.
    Do you mean my feet need to get farther apart? THE BLUE SHIRT is the new stance...Aren't my feet more narrow than my shoulders? You are saying I should be more narrow than that? ALSO, what do you mean my stance is too open...I think I'm closed aren't I? My left foot is actually farther forward than the right...can you clerify this for me? THANKS!

NEW STYLE BELOW
    Last edited by swintj1; 11-27-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Quote Originally Posted by swintj1 View Post
    Do you mean my feet need to get farther apart? THE BLUE SHIRT is the new stance...Aren't my feet more narrow than my shoulders? You are saying I should be more narrow than that? ALSO, what do you mean my stance is too open...I think I'm closed aren't I? My left foot is actually farther forward than the right...can you clerify this for me? THANKS!

NEW STYLE BELOW
    that is about perfect. spread them out about 3" more . the idea is to have a perfect
    center of gravity.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    that is about perfect. spread them out about 3" more . the idea is to have a perfect
    center of gravity.
    Is everything else okay then besides the grip?

I'm having a lot of trouble stabilizing the pin on the target...I end up just waiting for the moment that the pin is about to pass by the target, and then I start pulling, then by the time it fires, the pin is center of where it is...it is never still...is there a way to become more stable? Or is it just practice?
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

much better, only thing I would have you change is get yourself a side quiver, and once you start shooting an END, do not move your feet, shoot the all five arrows, without moving.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Is everything else okay then besides the grip?

I'm having a lot of trouble stabilizing the pin on the target...I end up just waiting for the moment that the pin is about to pass by the target, and then I start pulling, then by the time it fires, the pin is center of where it is...it is never still...is there a way to become more stable? Or is it just practice?
    its always going to float, your never gonna get it completly still.......and the more you shoot targets the worse its going to get........

EVERYONE GETS TARGET PANIC AT SOME POINT........

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    much better, only thing I would have you change is get yourself a side quiver, and once you start shooting an END, do not move your feet, shoot the all five arrows, without moving.......
    Okay, I'll get one ASAP. What will not moving my feet do for me...just assure that I'm lined up the same every time? Bunny, is there a way to become more stable? I think it is my bow arm that is the problem...I think the HOYT is just so heavy that after about 20 shots in a row...I start fatiguing...I guess I'll think about it more tomorrow when I go, but what do you do to be stable? Is your pin on the target the whole time, or does it float a little and then you anitipate when it will drift accross where you are aiming and then fire?
    Last edited by swintj1; 11-27-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

but what do you do to be stable? Is your pin on the target the whole time, or does it float a little and then you anitipate when it will drift accross where you are aiming and then fire?
    Question answered..LOL
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Okay, I'll get one ASAP. What will not moving my feet do for me...just assure that I'm lined up the same every time? Bunny, is there a way to become more stable? I think it is my right arm that is the problem...I think the HOYT is just so heavy that after about 20 shots in a row...I start fatiguing...I guess I'll think about it more tomorrow when I go, but what do you do to be stable? Is your pin on the target the whole time, or does it float a little and then you anitipate when it will drift accross where you are aiming and then fire?
    I sort of answered that in the second of my posts......

do you drink caffine???

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I sort of answered that in the second of my posts......

do you drink caffine???
    No, I just end up asking you a question, and you post before I post, so I never saw that you wrote it down. Sorry Bunny. No, I rarely take caffeine. I am a golfer, and caffeine makes my hands shake (microscopically) and it affects my swing. So, I might have a pop once a day at night while watching a movie, but never during the day!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

[QUOTE=swintj1;97200]Hey all,

I shot today and I have been working on the things you told me to, so here is the result! Sorry the video is sideways, I don't know how to fix that

Here is the aftermath photo of the target today from 20 yards.

I KNOW MY DRAW LOOKS TO HEAVY...but that is because it is. It was set at 70# when I asked for 64. Problem fixed now, so just ignore when I draw it!

Things I've done:
    1.Narrowed my Stance
    2.Straightened my Back
    3.Shortened my Release by 1"
    4.Applying slight backpressure as I squeeze trigger now
    5.Breathe in, and hold breathe during the shot to stabilize body

Do not hold your breathe, It will make your vision blurry, Just breathe normally
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post

Do not hold your breathe, It will make your vision blurry, Just breathe normally
    I hold my breathe when I shoot and it don't make me blurry

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post

Okay, I will stop doing that, the only problem is, if I am inhaling, the pins go up, and exhaling, the pins go down...if I hold my breathe, they stay still...when should I shoot? EXHALE OR INHALE? I want to try to get a pattern...a preshot routine if you will, so I do the same things everytime before I shoot...
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

No, I just end up asking you a question, and you post before I post, so I never saw that you wrote it down. Sorry Bunny. No, I rarely take caffeine. I am a golfer, and caffeine makes my hands shake (microscopically) and it affects my swing. So, I might have a pop once a day at night while watching a movie, but never during the day!
    try to avoid it 24 hours before shooting a round.......I am HUGE coffee drinker.....I get headaches if I dont have coffee in the AM, yeah i am addicted....

I have to slow down drinking coffee in the winter before leagues start, just so that I can shoot.........

One of the best things about a long stabilizer is you can rest the bow between shots......If you shot in a league or Spot round, remember they give you 1 minute per Arrow, your shot sequence might take 10 seconds, that gives you ten seconds to load your arrow and 40 seconds to relax......

Okay, I will stop doing that, the only problem is, if I am inhaling, the pins go up, and exhaling, the pins go down...if I hold my breathe, they stay still...when should I shoot? EXHALE OR INHALE? I want to try to get a pattern...a preshot routine if you will, so I do the same things everytime before I shoot...
    If I am going to breathe while shooting, I like to shoot at the end of an exhale

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    If I am going to breathe while shooting, I like to shoot at the end of an exhale
    I'll have to try this tomorrow...Thanks for the help Bunny and Wheels! My groups have improved at least 100% better since yesterday just by all the tips you all gave last night. I can't believe how useful this forum is. I learn so much. I think a long stabilizer would be great, but I really want to use the same equipment I'm going to use for hunting for target...that way I'm practicing two things at once! But, this target stuff is almost more fun than hunting, so if I get to liking this much more...I'm going to have to watch out or this could be happening...
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

your allready on a target based forum, your gonna be target shooting, you just dont know it yet........