You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    BLB9499

Default bear 2 prong rest problem

I recently purchased a Buckmasters BTR online. Very inexpensive package deal and everything is great on it except the 2 prong rest. It came disassembled, with no instructions on how to assemble it. Does anyone know where I can find this info? Assembly and tuning I guess is what I really need. It doesn't have any Identifying marks on it, and so I am guessing it is the same one that comes with all the Bear products. Thanx in advance, Bob

Without a picture, it is very tough to know. It's probably a standard TM hunter style rest. I'm guessing that you are not an exprienced bow mechanic. My advice would be to take it to a pro shop and pay someone the $5 to install it properly.

If that is not an option, post back and we'll try to help you through this

BLB9499

Red face Hunter TM

That sounds right to me. The nearest bow shop is 60+ miles away, which is why I bought it online. I used to bowhunt 16 years ago and gave it up for awhile. I decided to get back into it now that I retired and when I started looking around... I wasn't sure you guys were even speaking english!! Whisker biscuit? what the heck is that?! Anyway, needless to say, things have come a very loooong way since I left. This rest has 2 stainless prongs connected to a stainless rod with a flat side half way down it's length. The part that attaches to the bow, is a nylon type material and is in an L shape. It also has 2 springs and 2 round things that slide on the rod and they have set screws in them. If this makes any sense to anyone.....

BLB9499

Unhappy No rest because of this rest!!!

I have been screwing around with this thing most of the day now. One thing I am sure of, is there is a left and right spring, I just don't know which is which. The part that really has me perplexed, is I can't tell what would keep the rest at the same height everytime?! That was what caught my attention earlier today. I was sighting in, and was all over the paper at 10 paces. Then I realized the rest was coming apart. I had not put it together right. When I was bowhunting years ago, Our rests were these little stick on tabs....

Save yourself the hassle, and buy a whisker bisquit qs. Great rest, and easy to install.
    No bashing.......Violators will be shot.......Survivors will be prosecuted.