You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: First Robinhood

Default First Robinhood

Well, I did it last night. While shooting groups at the range, I heard *bang* and a couple of guys joking about my arrows being too long. I wasn't sure what they meant until we went to pull our arrows. It was kind of cool at first with the pats on the back and all, then I realized that it just cost me about $20 or so!
    After that, I went right back to shooting 5 spots! Robinhoods are cool, but costly.
    No bashing.......Violators will be shot.......Survivors will be prosecuted.

I did that a couple of weeks ago. There was a bang and then i went to check it out and sure enough the arrow went in about 5 inches striaght down the middle spliting the nock so one side was sticking out on one side and the other on the other side. I showed it to my mom and she wanted me to pull it out because it cost lots of money. But i saved it and its now in my room.
    mnhunter50

Would love to go to five spot but in the leagues that i shoot, once you start w/single spot you have to stay w/single spot. So i will continue to shoot single spot and break stuff, i am averageing about two rh's a week , gets expensive, glad the owner of the pro shop I use likes me and gives me a deal on most of my equipment.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Thumbs up

I showed it to my mom and she wanted me to pull it out because it cost lots of money
    That is some funny stuff!!!!

Way to go JoeKidd
    Last edited by Next Ridge Over; 02-16-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Default Good Job JoeKidd

I just got my first robinhood couple of weeks ago too. I am only shooting 5 spots also until I lose control and want to make some noise. Bowman I feel sorry for you but WOW 2 rhs a week. That could get real expensive.

Frank

"HONDA"

REAL EXPENSIVE. Monday night I shot 298-48x and no robin hoods things are starting to look up. I did however have the something pretty cool though. I started putting a magnet behind my target and....no just kidding...It was about the 7 or 8 end and I thought I had a robin hood. made lotsof noise but when we got down to the target, the nock was just broke off. But it was broke off flush w/the end of the arrow, thought that was kinda cool.
    I cut things up and split them down!

dsb

Default Robin hood

Quote Originally Posted by joekidd
    Well, I did it last night. While shooting groups at the range, I heard *bang* and a couple of guys joking about my arrows being too long. I wasn't sure what they meant until we went to pull our arrows. It was kind of cool at first with the pats on the back and all, then I realized that it just cost me about $20 or so!
    After that, I went right back to shooting 5 spots! Robinhoods are cool, but costly.
    Congrat's anyway. ! My coach keeps telling me to practice at different spots but for league to shoot the one cirlce to build points if I miss on the 5 spot. Well just this week after a year of shooting and training I too shot my first robinhood! the last arrow of the round. It felt good, but like you I will now go back to the 5 spot target and work on raising my average score. So far I am hangin in the 260 to 270 range with 6-10 X's per league night. We have three more weeks and I would like to see a 285.