You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Releases

Default Releases

I am in the market for a new release, but I am going to be pretty picky about it. The last release I bought was a Carter "Hole Thing 3" and I shot it for about 3 days and decided I could not get used to the way the jaw slid shut. It was like $150.00 which was a BAD investment. I still haven't caught on to the D-loop craze, but I am willing to explore it if someone could explain its benefits

This is what I am looking for......
    1. It must be three or four fingers
    2. It must be a rope model (Where the rope wraps around the bow string)

Let me know what your opinions are. Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Big LB View Post
    I am in the market for a new release, but I am going to be pretty picky about it. The last release I bought was a Carter "Hole Thing 3" and I shot it for about 3 days and decided I could not get used to the way the jaw slid shut. It was like $150.00 which was a BAD investment. I still haven't caught on to the D-loop craze, but I am willing to explore it if someone could explain its benefits

This is what I am looking for......
    1. It must be three or four fingers
    2. It must be a rope model (Where the rope wraps around the bow string)

Let me know what your opinions are. Larry
    Tru-Ball Chappy Boss. go to www.truball.com they have alot of releases that can use the rope.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Just curious as to why you want to use a release with a rope...
    I use one (Carter SOlution 3) and a TRU Ball Pro Diamond. I shoot right off the string with both with absolutely no serving issues. The Pro Diamond head rotates 360 degrees and has absolutely smooth jaws and does NOT harm the serving at all.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Just curious as to why you want to use a release with a rope...
    I use one (Carter Solution 3) and a TRU Ball Pro Diamond. I shoot right off the string with both with absolutely no serving issues. The Pro Diamond head rotates 360 degrees and has absolutely smooth jaws and does NOT harm the serving at all.

Ron
    How do you use it and what kind of bow are you shooting? Are you placing it under the arrow or under a bumper?

I am shootin' a 2000 Hoyt Defiant LX Pro @ 60lbs.
    A brand new Sure-loc with a 8x Extreme scope with a clarifier tru-peep.
    A shoot thru rest with ACC arrows.
    I am 34 years old and I have been shooting since I was 12 ..... except for the last 6 years, which I have not shot at all. So, D-loops and shooting a release right off of the serving is something totally new to me.

I like the Stan X2 four finger release, out of the few that I have tried this one feels the best when I use it.

When it comes to releases it will take awhile before you find the "right" one... The best thing is to shoot as many as you before you purchase.

As for the Dloop... I switched from having a Dloop to directly on the string w/ a rope release, as I felt it gave me a more consistent shot.

As stated before, I have all kinds of releases, Carter, Stan, Tru Ball. The best one I have found so far is the Tru Ball ST 360. There are not jaws, just a hook like most back tension releases. I have let some try it and they say,"I am afraid the loop will slip off the hook". I can tell you it want. It is fully adjustable, I had one set so hairy that if you looked at it wrong it would go off.
    As for the D loop thing. I like them because it puts pressure on top and bottom of the arrow. some shoot them tied under the arrow.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Site Guru

Another vote here for the TRU Ball Pro-Diamond w/ the Caliper head. I shoot it off a d-loop but its all personal preference. I love mine, it works well and was only about 50.00 used off AT.
    No I'm not dead