You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default Hey Wheels... hows the rain?

    Just got reports that our data center in Washington is flooding and that employees can't go home in a lot of areas due to roads being closed around Seattle... hope you are doing better then Washington is!
    No I'm not dead

  2. #2
    Movin on up!!! bullfiddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Just got reports that our data center in Washington is flooding and that employees can't go home in a lot of areas due to roads being closed around Seattle... hope you are doing better then Washington is!
    She posted earlier in another thread that it was getting pretty rough in her area. I haven't seen anything from her since this morning....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

  3. #3
    Member Scablands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wash.
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Power could be out. Had a blizzard here yesterday with 45 mph winds followed by rain last night and today with the wind still howling. Not nice outside.
    On the plus side it's 47 degrees now.

  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scablands View Post
    Power could be out. Had a blizzard here yesterday with 45 mph winds followed by rain last night and today with the wind still howling. Not nice outside.
    On the plus side it's 47 degrees now.
    yeah thats gonna be wet.........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Just got reports that our data center in Washington is flooding and that employees can't go home in a lot of areas due to roads being closed around Seattle... hope you are doing better then Washington is!
    It's not pretty over here...I am glad I live on a hill

    there is a lot of flooding all around us. There has been winds in the triple digits on the coast line and they have been up around 50-90 mph around here.

    My landlord installed the windows and when the wind blows the rain against the house I have to put cups in the window seals

    it's not so windy tonight and the rain is lightening up finally

  6. #6
    Senior Member Huya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    It's not pretty over here...I am glad I live on a hill

    there is a lot of flooding all around us. There has been winds in the triple digits on the coast line and they have been up around 50-90 mph around here.

    My landlord installed the windows and when the wind blows the rain against the house I have to put cups in the window seals

    it's not so windy tonight and the rain is lightening up finally
    Well we are suppose to get Santa Ana's today. So tie things down. We also have another rain coming in Friday that looks to be building. So get the boat out just in case. You say your on a hill. Well I hope it isn't a hill side like around malibu. You may be swimming sooner than you want to be. Can you say hill slide? No rain for a very long time then it comes at us like this always causes problems. Not to mention the fires that now have taken most of the vegitation off the sides of the hills, that helps hold them up. Glad I live on flat land.

  7. #7
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huya View Post
    Well we are suppose to get Santa Ana's today. So tie things down. We also have another rain coming in Friday that looks to be building. So get the boat out just in case. You say your on a hill. Well I hope it isn't a hill side like around malibu. You may be swimming sooner than you want to be. Can you say hill slide? No rain for a very long time then it comes at us like this always causes problems. Not to mention the fires that now have taken most of the vegitation off the sides of the hills, that helps hold them up. Glad I live on flat land.
    I am glad I am not in California anymore...the weather looks pretty good this morning and is suppose to be cloudy but good Wed-Fri or Saturday.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Huya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Your up in Oregon? It rains a whole lot more up there. Forget the boat, get the ship.

  9. #9
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Just got reports that our data center in Washington is flooding and that employees can't go home in a lot of areas due to roads being closed around Seattle... hope you are doing better then Washington is!
    I was wondering the same thing...
    Geez....

    Ron

  10. #10
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...
    Geez....

    Ron
    There is a part of I-5 up in Washington that is under 10 feet of water (as of last night) and the little town of Vernonia here in oregon is flooded to the top of their doorways.

  11. #11
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    There is a part of I-5 up in Washington that is under 10 feet of water (as of last night) and the little town of Vernonia here in oregon is flooded to the top of their doorways.
    Wow.
    And I thought things could get bad being around the Mississippi River during flood season... We more or less just worry about basements getting flooded...

    Ron

  12. #12
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    you mean this highway...

    Hey Wheels... hows the rain? - General Archery Forum
    No I'm not dead

  13. #13
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    thats freaky.......right there.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  14. #14
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    thats freaky.......right there.......
    its only freaky if you have never been there... I've driven on that road before... and there are actually supposed to be buildings and houses in the area.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=h&z=16&om=1
    No I'm not dead

Similar Threads

  1. Hey Wheels
    By Holy Smokes in forum Tournament Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM
  2. so now the rain continues.....
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 02:28 PM
  3. hey wheels
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
  4. Well The Rain Has Arrived
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 08:10 AM
  5. heavy rain
    By silverado mike in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •