You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Parker Phoenix 34

I can get this bow for about $290... nothing included obviously. Im a novice, and this seems pretty good. Its only 28'' draw and 60# (I kinda want a 70) But i was hitting the target pretty consistantly... from 10yards lol... but still

What do yall think about this bow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s View Post
    I can get this bow for about $290... nothing included obviously. Im a novice, and this seems pretty good. Its only 28'' draw and 60# (I kinda want a 70) But i was hitting the target pretty consistantly... from 10yards lol... but still

Not sure about the bow. I have a Parker Buck Hunter and have been happy with it. I would caution about the 70lb draw wish. If you truely are a novice, that is serious pull in my opinion even for a seasoned bow hunter. 50 to 60 is really all that is needed.

I hunted with the Pheonix 34 this year and I hit every thing I aimed at... THe only thing I would caution you on is watch the buss cable serving I had to get a new cam from Parker after that everything was sweet...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercarry View Post
    Not sure about the bow. I have a Parker Buck Hunter and have been happy with it. I would caution about the 70lb draw wish. If you truely are a novice, that is serious pull in my opinion even for a seasoned bow hunter. 50 to 60 is really all that is needed.
    I am a pretty large person

I am a pretty large person
    has nothing to do w/how much weight one can pull and handle......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    has nothing to do w/how much weight one can pull and handle......
    very true. Being a big person.... Like me.. I'm in the 245 range. I shoot about 60# for hunting and 62# for 3d and 55# for spots. You are going to soon realize that you are using muscles that havent been worked before. And while you can pull it back ok. After shooting for a few minutes you will start to feel fatigued. And then your accuracy is compromised.. If you do decide to go with a 70#. Crank it down to about 62# to start. Get your body and shoulders used to first... Good luck!!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Default parker phoenix

i have shot the parker phoenix for about a year now, and i think it is one of the better bows out, there i ahve shot everyhting i have aimed at, but the 70 pound draw weight is a bit much, i shoot mine at 62 pounds and it is more than enough i think, but i would go ahead and make th purchase if i was you. good deal.....