You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Bow Suggestion

Default Bow Suggestion

I'm wanting to get back into bowhunting and target archery, so I went by my local proshop yesterday and spent some time getting my draw weight an length tested, and using some bows. I've narrowed my decision to either a Diamond Rapture, or a Parker Wildfire. Both have full sets that are within my price range. Which of those two bows would you all recommend? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAngel View Post
    I'm wanting to get back into bowhunting and target archery, so I went by my local proshop yesterday and spent some time getting my draw weight an length tested, and using some bows. I've narrowed my decision to either a Diamond Rapture, or a Parker Wildfire. Both have full sets that are within my price range. Which of those two bows would you all recommend? Thanks!
    I don't have any experience or knowledge with either of these two bows, but glad to see you taking up bowhunting and target archery again. Welcome and welcome back.

Someone here will help you.
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

to the forum.

Never shot either bow. But you should buy the one that fits you the best. Lots of great bows out there. Diamond and Parker are great companies. Good luck and have fun. Again WELCOME to the forum.

"HONDA"

Banned

look at somrthing with a mininum of 7" brace and 37" axle to axle

I agree with whatever feels best. Shoot them both a bunch, and choose. You can't go wrong with either.

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Long Draw View Post
    DO you smoke your lunch before you post here or what.......

we dont even have to read your posts anymore......you say the same thing EVER FRIGGEN TIME.........SHUT UP.........

do us a favor........go to a website where everyone fondles there long ATA bows........

YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE A LONG ATA, TO BE ABLE TO HUNT AND SHOOT 3D'S ANYMORE.........

get out of the dark ages and get a grip.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Now you did it Longdraw...
    You got the bunny all ruffled...

Welcome Shadowangel...Either of those bows should be just fine, but like we always say...Find the one that feels the best in your hand...If you're not comfortable with your equipment...IT WILL EFFECT YOUR SHOOTING.

Keep us posted...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Now you did it Longdraw...
    You got the bunny all ruffled...

Welcome Shadowangel...Either of those bows should be just fine, but like we always say...Find the one that feels the best in your hand...If you're not comfortable with your equipment...IT WILL EFFECT YOUR SHOOTING.

Keep us posted...
    look through some of the threads he has posted in.......its a general consensus......

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

do us a favor........go to a website where everyone fondles there long ATA bows........
    I can't keep my hands off of mine! I like long ATA bows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    I can't keep my hands off of mine! I like long ATA bows?
    yeah your a dork too......

DO you smoke your lunch before you post here or what.......

we dont even have to read your posts anymore......you say the same thing EVER FRIGGEN TIME.........SHUT UP.........

YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE A LONG ATA, TO BE ABLE TO HUNT AND SHOOT 3D'S ANYMORE.........

get out of the dark ages and get a grip.......
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Long Draw View Post

I would agree with the 7" brace part. They are more forgiving than the shorter brace heights. But as far as the 37 AtA, I think "Longbow" is full of &%#@. Get the bow that feels the best to you. I prefer a short ATA bow in the 32/33 range. But then I only use it for hunting. I shoot year round but don't do any competition shooting. As for as the two bows you selected, the Diamond would be my choice and I repeat...My chioce. The bow MUST feel right to YOU.

Default Your choice!

to shooting archery again
    The bows u mentioned i havent shot either.
    I have shot the parker frontier and the diamond black ice
    the diamond felt better to me but they all do these days
    The manufactures are really comeing out with some good quality bows in all brands i would suggest shoot more.
    And get the one that feel's best to u
    like most said earlier we shouldnt tell u what to buy that wont work what i like u may not and the other guy or gal
    Have fun shooting and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to u and your family!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

I wouldnt concern your self with long a/a to requirements or brace heights. short a/a bows and short brace isnt much the same concerns as before. new designs in risors and limbs have helped eliminate those old problems. find a bow that fits with what your intents are.. like the Bunster said long isnt always the best. I used my Browning Illusion for half a year for spots and 3d this year. and its only 32" a/a. so go and test them your self. and go with the one your most confident with...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Banned

i do enjoy smokin bunnies with a bow,22LR,223,22/250 ,12 ga,or just about anything I can get my sight on with .

yeah your a dork too......
    Man, I'm glad my Vetrix XL is only 36" ata.
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

Banned

ya, for hunting and a vertical limb type bow and you have a normal to short draw length...I guess you could go down to 36".

Default Parker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i put my vote in for the Parker bow it just has some good specs,and i hear alot of good things about their customer service..........good luck...
    2010 PSE AXE 7