You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop away rest?

Question Drop away rest?

What do you guys think of these things? I know alot of people swear by them including some of my hunting buddies.

I finally broke down and got one. I wont mention the name. The other day I put it on and went outside to shoot it and on the 5th shot the launcher arm broke and part of it went flying.

That sure didnt give me much confidence in them to be honest! LOL!

I dont know if I want to mess with them or not now. I might just put my bisquit on and be done with it. I mainly just shoot for fun or bowhunting anyways.

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Banned

I use a modified whisker biscuit for hunting.I use a TT drop for everything else. A drop away set up right is the most accurate rest type available. What make and model drop did you break?

I have a Limbdriver on my Tribute, I've used dropaways for the last few years, some better than others.

In my opinion the Limbdriver is the best I've used. Easy to set up, simple design, no pressure on the cables.

That being said, I now have my Guardian which I planned to the put the LImbdriver on after hunting season. While I'm waiting I put my Bodoodle Gamedropper on it. One adjustment and it shoots perfect through paper.

As it stands now it'll being staying on the bow after season.

You either bought a cheap drop away, You didn't have anything on the shelf where the forks hit to quiet and soften the drop, or you didn't have it set up right. If it wasn't timed to where the forks only come up at the last inch or inch and a half of draw, your arrow fletchings would hit when fired. If you want to go with a drop down, which IMO is the best there is for arrow rest, Then you should invest in may a QAD Ultra Pro series. Easy set up. easiest to time. many features including locking the forks in the up position until firing.

DENS228 what fletch do you use with your limb driver? I have one on my Diamond Black Ice and cant get total vain clearance with my blazers. The rest is a good design. Just want vain clearance. I want to stay with short vains. I have new arrows on the way trying to figure what vain to use.

Mo.Hick

Banned

its not the rest...its the vanes. refletch to Bohning X-vanes or Dura vanes.

I'm using Blazers, **** vane up. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MO.HICK View Post
    DENS228 what fletch do you use with your limb driver? I have one on my Diamond Black Ice and cant get total vain clearance with my blazers. The rest is a good design. Just want vain clearance. I want to stay with short vains. I have new arrows on the way trying to figure what vain to use.

Mo.Hick

I just bought a QAD Ultra Rest Pro with my General and so far i am very pleased with it. This would be my first drop away ever. I am still tuning on the new bow but so far i have zero issues with the rest and/or vane clearance shooting my blazers.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Default Qad!

I use a QAD hunter rest and i just didnt see anything else better for hunting that is...........maybe the rip cord!......................
    2010 PSE AXE 7

I didnt have a pad on the shelf to catch it. That is the only thing I could think of. I wanted to make sure I liked it before I put that on.

It wasnt a cheap rest and it is one of the well known companies. I might give it another whirl when the part comes in. If I have any more troubles the bisquit will be right back on

rick

Banned

this isnt like the AT forum...you can actually tell the brand and model and NOT be banned.

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Draw View Post
    this isnt like the AT forum...you can actually tell the brand and model and NOT be banned.
    I love the drop aways..I've used the cobra diamond backs since they came out and never had a single issue.Quiet,smooth with micro adjustments...for the money i love that rest...lot of good rests on the market though.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

I use a Trophy Taker on my bow. I haven't had any problems with it at all.
    Mathews SwitchBack XT
    29"
    60# Draw
    Extreme RT900 w/additional pin
    Trophy Taker Rest

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=2124

Quote Originally Posted by thehairlessone! View Post
    What do you guys think of these things? I know alot of people swear by them including some of my hunting buddies.

I finally broke down and got one. I wont mention the name. The other day I put it on and went outside to shoot it and on the 5th shot the launcher arm broke and part of it went flying.

That sure didnt give me much confidence in them to be honest! LOL!

I dont know if I want to mess with them or not now. I might just put my bisquit on and be done with it. I mainly just shoot for fun or bowhunting anyways.

rick

I use Trophy Taker on everything. hunting and tourneys. I had a Nap Drop away do that once too.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Long Draw View Post
    That isnt why I dont want to post it. I want to give them a chance to make it right with me before I say anything about who it was. If they dont treat me right or if I have any more concerns then I might mention it.

I dont feel it has any real bearing on the thread as of now

rick

I am a very big fan of the WB. Earlier this year though I decided to try a Drop away. Went with a Ripcord because it is a containment rest. I love it. But the WB is much easier to setup and tune. I shoot a TT on my target bow and it is nice also but it does not have the containment ability I like for hunting.

"HONDA"

I use the limb driver on my guardian and think it's great. No problem with it at all. My only issue was with the Guardian itself was the fact that the arrow rest shelf is curved and couldn't find an arrow holder that worked on it. Had to fabricate one myself.

I ahve used a Trophy taker for the past two years and love it. I have had zero problems with it and i dont see the need for full containment unless your hanging upside down and if thats the case you got a whole lot bigger problem
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    I use the limb driver on my guardian and think it's great. No problem with it at all. My only issue was with the Guardian itself was the fact that the arrow rest shelf is curved and couldn't find an arrow holder that worked on it. Had to fabricate one myself.
    Use the one that came with the rest. Trim the bottom corners off to round it off and it fits great.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Boys these rest ain't new we ahd the ol Banner rests in the mid 80's they worked of of schock
    i still got one
    i use a lizard tounge and never have any issues.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps