You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Question

Default Question

Hi, I have a mathews switchback and love it. Just in the last few months I have trouble with my bow arm. The problem is I keep shooting to low, I have trouble bringing up my bow arm enough. I shoot at 70lbs. I could pull that back all day and keep steady. More of a height ajustment?? Can anyone help with this....please

Thanks!!

I had the same problem after two weeks in the indoor leagues, relized it was target panic so to fix this I just let the bow sit on the target were it wanted to and adjusted the sight for that, meaning now when I aim I make a lolipop out of the post on my sight and the five ring.
    I cut things up and split them down!

By the way I also shoot a Switchback.

Default Good idea Bowman

Hey I never thought of that. I too have had trouble coming up to my target, so I was told to always come in from the top. I tried this for a while but could not get used to it. Now I just come up below target then pull back and punch the $%&# out of my trigger. LOL But adj sight like BOWMAN has said is a great idea. I will definately try that next time I shoot. Thanks BOWMAN Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be shooting my SB XT like you guys are. Well later fellas.

Frank

"HONDA"

Bowmans fix will work for a while depending on how bad you have target panic.

Let's say you adjust the sight to hold just below the X to hit center X. Then the following week you can't get the pin to the bottom of the X now you adjust it to hit center when you hold at the bottom of the white. Two weeks later you have to adjust to hold at the bottom of Blue. See what is happening here. It's a downward spiral.

Now as a disclaimer, this is not the case for everyone. Michael Braden supposedly sets his sight this way for shooting dots.

Target panic is a bad thing and admitting you have it is the first step to overcoming it.

Do some aiming drills. Draw back, but don't shoot and tell yourself your not going to shoot. Hold the pin on the bullseye for as long as you can and let down. Shoot every other shot.

If you can hold on the bull when not shooting, you have target panic.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thanx now I have that to think about You really know how to get a guy down

Great post!!! I think chris is right on here!!!!! I find myself with this problem often. Only shooting every other arrow helps alot, also shooting at a blank bail helps too, i mostly do that, when your not worried about hitting the x, you aim and exicute the shot better, it soon will be more automatic. well for me anyways, I found that i will try to flinch the shot up when i know i am a little low, i however got really good at it at 20 yards, try to do it at 60..... not so great, need to learn how to aim!!! Our first outdoor 3d was last weekend, i found that at 20 and 30, i could hold right on, but anything past that i had a hard time setteling in on, because ive been shooting at only 20 and 30 indoors for the last 4 months. When im out during the summer ill shoot 10 arrows in a round, 2 @ 20, 2@30, 2@40, 2@50, and 2@60. helps me alot with using all the pins, so you dont get usto only 20 or 30.