You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Fred Bear Instinct

Hi, i havent had much success looking for info on the fred bear instinct and i have shot it once at my local gander mountain but other than that i havent seen it much in stores, i am just wondering if its a good shooting reliable bow. I would really like to get one if it is a good bow. If you have any other suggestions of different bows in the $300 range, and ideas would be much appreciated

The Instinct is a great bow for the price. I would suggest you go to a Archery Pro Shop though and not Gander Mountain. Make sure you are measured properly for Draw Length. Good luck and have fun.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    The Instinct is a great bow for the price. I would suggest you go to a Archery Pro Shop though and not Gander Mountain. Make sure you are measured properly for Draw Length. Good luck and have fun.
    yupper, I agree 100%...........
    I cut things up and split them down!

yup totally agree that the instinct is a great bow, and seeing as you cant find any at your local stores that should tell you right there that its a good bow seeing as all the stores are sold out of them. all and all its a great all around bow even without the great price.

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

I agree with everyone else.Just ordered my wife one.....i've shot one many a times and couldn't find a thing wrong with it.If you must order one....have someone meassure you for your correct DL so you can get the right DL/mod with it.Will make a good tree stand/back yard shooting bow.As with any any new bow that comes from the factory...some will need minor ajustments..DL will need to be fine tuned.....any cam lean will need to be checked for and corrected...etc....find a local proshop that you trust and have these and other questions answered and fixed so you can enjoy and get the most that your new bow has to offer.GL
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

thanks for all the great advice, plan to get one soon

did you order it yet???
    I cut things up and split them down!

No, not yet i am saving money so i can buy all the extra goodies with it, and also looking into getting it at a good price and making sure there arent better deals anywhere else

Default Hello

Quote Originally Posted by mnhunter50 View Post
    No, not yet i am saving money so i can buy all the extra goodies with it, and also looking into getting it at a good price and making sure there arent better deals anywhere else

I'm a new guy on this site, but figure I'd throw in my two cents.

I've also been pondering getting the Instinct. In Reno, NV we just had Cabela's open up and I've been there testing and shooting the bows in my price range. I'm pretty well set on the instinct based on price, speed, overall length and accuracy. One thing I will say is that you can find them brand new on ebay from a dealer in Ohio for $260 + 17 shipping for a bare bow. Cheapest I've seen, saves over $100.

Default Ohio Fred Bear Dealer

I have actually been to the guy from Coshocton Ohio (WOODBURY OUTFITTERS) bow shop very knowledgeable and will set up your bow to your weight and draw length. I just bought a left handed Instinct and it is a great bow very forgiving and pretty fast, and very quiet would highly recommend this bow