You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default How many have built a draw board?

Chris's post about "super tuning" got me to thinking... How many have built their own draw boards? If so, can you post pics and explain some of the processes you went through?

It seems that one very common element or component of getting the most out of your rig is making sure that your cams are in optimal synch... I've even seen some say they're absolutely necessary for tuning single cams (though it was hotly debated...).

So who's got 'em?

Banned

I know 2 guys who have built them. If you have somebody who is familiar with the cam and brand observe you draw and stop can pretty much tell you what a draw board will .

I don't even know what a draw board is

Banned

A sheet of plywood that you can mount your bow on laying the bow on the sheet and a winch that can draw the bow and hold it so you can check roll over,timing ,cam lean in the draw cycle, etc.

Nuts & Bolts on at has a nice one and he posted photos of it. Very easy to build
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

I made one Greg. I don't know if I have pics of it on this computer or the one in the basement but I'll find and e-mail them to you soon, Russ.

Thumbs up Draw board

I built my first Draw board in 03. Its one of the best archery tools I have, use it all the time.

dodgensince74

Now that I know what it is, I can hold my head up high and say no.

Thanks, Russ... I'll look forward to seeing those pics. I know you'll have put the detail into building it which I'm looking for!

This is what I use to check timing.
    How many have built a draw board? - General Archery Forum How many have built a draw board? - General Archery Forum How many have built a draw board? - General Archery Forum How many have built a draw board? - General Archery Forum

If you have made one how about posting pics for everybody to see.

To those who have built one, whats your thoughts on this. Is it better to allow the riser to pivot at the grip or have the riser in a fixed position?

Default Not hard to make one.

I built one on a 6 foot long piece of 2 x 6. I attached a 1/2 NPT pipe flange with screws near one end of the 2 x 6 and then screwed in a 6" piece of 1/2" pipe. I then wrapped the pipe with some tennis racket grip tape so that my bow grip would not be marked. I bought a sturdy winch and bolted that to the other end of the 2 x 6. In use, I attach my Coffee Digital Scale to the winch and then the hook of the scale to my D-loop with a piece of D-loop material. My bows are free to pivot at the grip on the piece of pipe, but once you start cranking the winch, the pivoting stops. I also have a turnbuckle in between the winch and the scale. This allows me to make finer adjustments than the clicks on the winch, if needed. I also attached a 36" steel rule to the 2 x 6 in position to indicate the draw length when I have the bow drawn. I offset the steel rule by 1-3/4 from the outer curve of the pipe so I get the AMO draw length directly.

It works very easily for me. I already had the bow scale. The materials cost very little except for the winch. I am sure there are less expensive ones out there somewhere, but the one I got with nice crank and rope cost over $30.

It sure makes adjusting draw length, draw weight, and checking cam timing a snap.
    Last edited by erasmu; 12-29-2007 at 08:03 PM.
    Ed R