You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Dave Cousins seminar, absolutely amazing!

Well, we had the pleasure of getting lessons from one of the best archers in the country. In fact two of them, but I'll get into that later.

Dave arrived at the shop on Friday. We chatted a while but the store was still open and I was helping customers. Two guys had pulled up right as Dave was walking. One guy says to the other, "Do you know who that is?!". It was very funny.

So I'm helping one customer and Dave jumps right in and helps one of the other customers. He really didn't have to do that but he jumped right in and helped. What more could a Hoyt customer ask for than to have his bow worked on by Dave Cousins.

On Saturday, he covered the ins-and-outs of the bows and why he sets them up the way he does. He showed us some high-speed video of equipment and it's reaction to the shot. He video taped each of us shooting to critique on Sunday. He covered quite a bit on each area, including tuning, arrows, rests, shooting form, etc.

He also started working on everyones bows. He re-setup each bow. We basically had Mathews and Hoyts all over the shop. Oh, and there was one Merlin shoot through. He proceeded to help everyone papertune their equipment.

On Sunday he had a surprise for the Mathews shooters. Dave and John Dudley are good friends. Dave called him to let him know he was in the area. John drove down on Sunday and help all the Mathews shooters with their equipment. Now we had the best Hoyt guy and the best Mathews guy in the shop at the same time.

Let's just say, I learned a TON from these two about the two bow brands. Incredible is all I can say here.

For those that don't know who John Dudley is; John works for Mathews and is an awesome shooter. He is also personally involved in the testing of new Mathews products. Getting setup advice from him on the Mathews bows was awesome.

Also on Sunday morning, we looked at each persons video and Dave explained things he liked and didn't like and what needed to be changed for each person. Some people needed more corrections than others.
    Dave shorten draw lengths for some and increased them for others. Helped with anchor points, etc.

We then started working on shooting form. Dave had everyone standing about 5 yards from the targets and firing shots with their eyes closed. He evaluated each archer and at times changed things and helped each person with any troubles they were having.

Needless to say, it was a very busy weekend with long days and tons of information. I personally learned more in this class than all the others I have taken combined.

Having Dave here was a real treat. He is a great guy and we all really enjoyed having him here. Very easy to talk to and answered everything we threw at him.

I publicly want to thank Dave Cousins and John Dudley for their time and effort to help us mortals. These two guys put forth 150%. They went way beyond what was expected.

If you get a chance to get into a seminar with Dave or John Dudley for that matter, I highly recommend it.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default kickin myself!

Man that sounds like it was just an awesome weekend! I am thoroughly kickin myself for not going... as the seminar got closer I started thinking about it more and saturday afternoon I was pretty sure I had messed up by not going. Well hindsight is 20/20. Guess if I ever get the chance to go to one I better go!!!

Default Wow!!!

That had to be neat, man. That Dave man himself. One of the best. Sounds like allot of info in a short amount of time. I bet your heads are spinning with all of that. I'll have to watch and see when he will be in my area and make plans to get schooled by him. Have you had any other coaching and how did they compare to Dave? Sounds like it was a fun time. Shoot'em straight fellows.

I have been to a couple of these "coaches". Dave's class was by far the best for me. I learned so much in the days he was here, it was amazing.

As far as the shooting, I'll let everyone know how it goes. He changed my form slightly. He added a bit of draw length which is pretty unusual for most of these classes.

I now need some time to shoot it some and see how all this new "stuff" works out.

Here are some pics from the class.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cuz-1.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	242 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cuz-2.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	243 - t3h 3d shoots  

more pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cuz-3.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	244 - t3h 3d shoots