You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Brenda-
    that is why I brought this up, so it does not happen to someone else in the future.
    The MAC rules state they will step in and resolve any problems that occur. That is why I feel it was their responability to handle the situation. That is where I think the problem occured.
    Jeff

Smile

Hi Jeff,

I understand.

Have a good day!

Brenda
    undefinedundefined

It is really too bad all of this has happend and there is so many bad feelings. I have always had a good time at MAC qualifiers and championships. I will continue to support all the clubs and organizations in this area with these shoots. I have helped out and/or run several 3Ds in the past so I know it is impossible task some days. I hope everyone can come together and make this an even better series.
    Steve

Default It was intended to be a semi-pro event

I have had better shoots at my local club.Atleast the food was there and I shot all different kinds of animals and they wasn't 8 in a row at less than 20.
    All I'm really saying here is that my expectations are high in archery.
    If my sight wasn't bumped out 3 yards walking on to the course I would have kept up with the cubbies.
    And what I need to recognize is that if... there are many affiliated clubs who shoot archery as much as some of us do...We wouldn't have people preparing for the biatholon,or.... we wouldn't be considered comp in the traditional course if we did.
    I don't know how funny you people think this is,but,I hope they frisk me down at the next years mac.
    I think that I will sneek my own targets in.....
    How many guys does it take to cover up a 12 ring anyways?
    Me and you,that's about it.....would you prefer to shoot 3rd forth or fifth.
    Ask the best archers what they think about shooting dead last at a turkey with 4 guys infront of him,what kind of fun is that.
    I'm telling ya if I have to wait around for two hours to receive 36 dollars and starve myself in the process next year I'm gonna start a campfire with my trophy and cook some veny weiners over it. ha.
    What kind of changes need to be made after that,well I don't know but,Jeffro has the best going for him in archery....He made his point.
    Maybe if you ask him nicely he will set up the targets next year.ha,ha.
    Last edited by glenny; 08-24-2004 at 06:16 PM.

Default Observations

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend Sunday due to a schedule conflict. Our club had it's traditonal shoot at the same time (talk about having your mind on something else).

1. As far as the Vendor's leaving early maybe someone should have pulled a gun on them to make them stay (sarcaism) I guess they didn't want to make money.

2. ALA had no choice on target selection this was Gander's call they supplied the targets, deciding which ones they were supplying against ALA's wishes.

3. The groups should have been broken up. At the same time showing up constantly late does not help matters. This happened last year too. You know how long it takes to shoot a course show up in time to get it done!

4. Your right two hours to wait was to long for the awards to be given out.

5. Top Gun was created with the intent that a Cub or Youth would win. Unforutanely that was not the case for quite some time. This year it was!
    Great Job Brady!

6. Equipment guidelines better explained and thought out.

7. It should be mandatory that "EVERYONE" read the rule book.

8. Some of the shooting stakes do need to be reconsidered, an example MH (male hunter compound) should be longer yardages and Trad shorter for instance.

9. Limiting clubs is not a good idea. We want this to grow with new clubs, sponsers and mainly a fresh shooter pool.. Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan clubs are interested in joining.

10. I also have spent alot of time this season asking you guys and gals what you would like to see on the MAC, this wasn't done for my health. Constructive and intelligent ideas are sought and welcomed Thanks to the people that took time to express these ideas at the shoots.

11. Look to these web sites for the year end meeting time and place.
    You are all welcome to attend just do everyone a favor and leave all attitudes at home.

Thank you for your time.

David Lee

This was my first year attending the MAC.I had alot of fun at the qualifiers,but would have to admit i wasnt real impressed with the mac.I dont see where it was Jeffs responsibility as a shooter to have to tell staff what to do to make things run smooth.I dont go to someones house and tell them what to do!? Thats just how i was brought up.I didnt go expecting to win any money my skills are not up to that level yet,but 26$ for first place???That would of been a rude awakening considering you have more money invested in entry fees than that.All in all i will shoot next year to have fun and to become a better archer,hopefully Mac can take some responsibility and learn from there mistakes.Archers are supposed to help archers not push blame around.(Jeff very impressive running from target to target and still getting first !!!).

Default overlord?

What is this a war we are in or something...I have a Lord,and I have a Attitude and I am at home.
    You want to know something.
    My critisism makes sense to some about the mac sucking this year and I'm sorry.
    It was my first one and I couldn't compare it to last years because I wasn't there.
    I will say this even again 2 or 3 other archery clubs I went to this year,were more exciting, challenging,entertaining,and organized.
    If Top Gun was created for or solely so that anyone could win it,how come mens comp was shooting at cub stakes.
    You and them, set it up so that my whole years dreams and expectations were litterly crushed by seemingly making it like a boysscout shoot.
    I will not justify vendors leaving early because they weren't making any money,my freind payed 5 dollars for a stinkin hotdog and I litterly begged for one.
    I think the target selection was WEAK as compared to other shoots I have been to,take a look at your flyer,what was on it? A BISON....and what would even a 5 year old kid expect to see?
    A bison could have been the last target at 52 yards,but no it was a large deer I hit with the end of my stabilizer,no joke....
    I have to say this,I wasn't to happy my sight was off in the first place,once I got to my first target,I knew that it was off,more or less half way through the course(itwas over),so,I didn't even care what my score was,I didn't care if I won first place or last,I didn't care at all.I knew there was no way to change it,I just wanted to atleast enjoy the day for what it was worth to me.I was glad to just be alive and thanking the lord above for letting me be a part of it all.
    I did care I was there and that I enjoyed myself because I was in it and it was like a honor to finally be shooting with real archers.
    Suppose maybe I should have been better prepared and sighted in before I showed up,but I felt rushed to get out there and shoot anyways.I shot with people in fbr and mbr,I am in comp,what is that.
    I would really be super pissed and you would have found risers stretched over a alligator target if someone would have come out there and told me to hurry up.I'm not kidding either.
    Why do I get so emotional about archery anyways?
    Well,
    It's what some of us are living for....
    Think about that....
    Last edited by glenny; 08-25-2004 at 08:23 AM.

Let's try to keep the emotions in check as much as we can here. I know quite a few of you are disappointed in the championship. Now let's see what we can do to fix the problem.

Here's is what I see that are issues that need to be looked at.

1) If the all shooters must be off the course by a certain time, document it in the rules. Also do not send large groups together as this will be a problem.

2) Comp/MBO/MBR stakes should not be set so close. Does there need to be an average distance for these classes? There should not be so many targets under 20 yards for these classes?

3) I am sure everyone figured the championship would be similar to an ASA or IBO national as far as distances go. This should be considered.

4) Some form of food and refreshments should be available at the shoot. This is the first championship I have heard of that didn't have this available. This shoot normally takes quite a while to complete so food is a necessity.

5) Target selection in the past hasn't been an issue that I remember. Most guys expect to see really good targets especially at the championship. From what I was told (don't know for sure) but the MAC was able to choose any targets they wanted.

6) I know a lot of things are left up to the club. I think the MAC board needs to set some better guidelines for the championship hosting club. This would include course setup and facilities.

7) I do think pier groups for shooter of the year is a great idea.

None of this is meant to be a slam at the MAC or the hosting club but we need to address these problems so we can make the MAC a national caliber shoot. I believe this is the major goal.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I agree with Chris!! - Lets solve the problem not continue attacking each other. Before this is read there is nothing intended in this response to finger point at any shooter, MAC or ALA, Sauk, Gander etc..

Let's try to keep the emotions in check as much as we can here. I know quite a few of you are disappointed in the championship. Now let's see what we can do to fix the problem.

Here's is what I see that are issues that need to be looked at.

1) If the all shooters must be off the course by a certain time, document it in the rules. Also do not send large groups together as this will be a problem.

Response:
    The rules state : There is a 12:00pm noon registration deadline and a
    4:00pm deadline for submitting scorecards on Sunday at the
    Championship Shoot.
    Assigned times and peer grouping as is done in ASA and IBO will resolve this issue.
    The rules also state groups will be broken - nothing against the people i normally shoot with (husband included). But i prefer to shoot with my peers makes me a better shooter.

2) Comp/MBO/MBR stakes should not be set so close. Does there need to be an average distance for these classes? There should not be so many targets under 20 yards for these classes?

I dont shoot comp- perhaps one of the gentlemen or ladies that does would like to suggest something on this one. I still liked the last target sorry guys.

3) I am sure everyone figured the championship would be similar to an ASA or IBO national as far as distances go. This should be considered.
    It is only the IBO and ASA run these shoots, the MAC Board does not
    the clubs do. Should they?

4) Some form of food and refreshments should be available at the shoot. This is the first championship I have heard of that didn't have this available. This shoot normally takes quite a while to complete so food is a necessity.

Sorry Chris there was a food vendor there. Vendors are welcome unfortuantely i guess from what i read he left before the awards were done.
    How do you keep him there against his will?

5) Target selection in the past hasn't been an issue that I remember. Most guys expect to see really good targets especially at the championship. From what I was told (don't know for sure) but the MAC was able to choose any targets they wanted.

This deal fell through with Gander I am not on the board but from what i heard. Gander's Corporate person that Sauk Valley was able to deal with last year and gain all those wonderful door prizes from stepped down and ALA did not have that this year. But atleast we were foruntate enough to have it one year.
    Also from what i heard Gander is now publicly owned - this change took place and played a part on the 1st paragraph, as the contact that was there was lost.

6) I know a lot of things are left up to the club. I think the MAC board needs to set some better guidelines for the championship hosting club. This would include course setup and facilities.

I agree to a point - facilities yes
    Not sure what you can do about keeping a Vendor longer then he wants
    to stay.

7) I do think pier groups for shooter of the year is a great idea.

I totally Agree - Peer Grouping and shooting times should be implemented.

None of this is meant to be a slam at the MAC or the hosting club but we need to address these problems so we can make the MAC a national caliber shoot. I believe this is the major goal.
    undefinedundefined

Default I have to agree with you,lil cherokee...

I know I soley sound egotistical and demeaning,at the way the mac was this year.
    I do want to say what I feel about it in general,and that's so there would be something executed on it.
    No matter how rude or inconsiderate to other archers who probably did alot of hard work to make this years mac happen,I still think they should see what we here are really looking at.

I think that the targets should have been all different,as in yardages,and animals.

I think that gander mountian did a unexceptable poor job in this so called contributing on targets...

I also know you can't hold vendors down with ball and chain,come on,be realistic,,,shooters are shooting from 12:00 to 4:00,so they should be there till awards are given out,or the last shooters on saturday have eaten.

The practice butts should be more available to atleast 4 people at a time,really at the right yardages not a 1/2 yard shy.

The doorprizes should be doorprizes,I still am wondering if I won anything.qualifiers are on a list,so why not give them out when they show up,makes things welcome and all,a little more hospitality...

If someone wanted to come as say family or freinds,there should be some kind of way of killing four hours for them.
    Are we family and freinds here or what?

I think there should be different sponsership in the mac tournament so that there is more money generated and more organizations are involved.

I would be wondering if 3d shoots would even help out,and everyone,me being one on this website, as members could give a small effort we could have a part of helping out a shoot like the mac be a special event I dreamed it would be in the first place.
    What do you people think.
    Last edited by glenny; 08-26-2004 at 07:35 PM.