You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Buying a bow on the Net

What I'm looking for is some advice on whether it's a good idea to buy a bow online. always seems to be good deals, but how good are the products.

The best advice I can give you is to visit a local pro shop or mutiple pro shops if avaible,The money you spend may be more than on the net but who will you go to if you have a problem with your net bought bow?They can help you get what you need if you are new to archery.They can properly fit you to your equipment.
    07 Hoyt 38Ultra 62# 27.5"
    06 Hoyt UltraElite 50# 27.5

I agree... You'd be surprised on what kid of deals you'll run across. plus you'll be help the small guy's who take care of there customers. There's no better friend than a proshop. I dont mind paying sometimes a few dollars more knowing its going to the right people and the work done will be done right. And your not just a number like at the big stores like Gander, Dicks or Cabela's/ Bass Pro.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

I agree with the others...unless you can pretty much do all your own work on the bow.....i'd spend a couple xtra bucks and check the local proshopps first.1 of these days the internet is going to cause the local shops to close their doors.....and trying to get someone to work on your internet bow might not be so easy.Some like their proshopps and some don't.....but sooner or later...most everyone will need them for something.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

If you're starting out or don't do much work on bows, I'd say buy it at a pro shop. I've bought online before without any problems but then I can set up my own bow. The past couple have been bought at a pro shop though. I think it all depends on your comfort level with working on your equipment. It's nice to throw some business at your pro shop providing they offer a decent service. I just have a problem with the shops that treat their customer like idiots and still expect me to spend my money there.

I agree.. what your gonna find out is that its gonna cost you $30.00- $50.00 at least to have your bow setup if you by it from an internet and take it in to a pro-shop. I would call a shop and find what they charge for sight,rest,peep,loop tuning and any accessories you buy on top of that. Quiver, arrows or a release. You will save more money if you buy it at a shop. It will get set up for free. Alot of people think there getting a deal. Unless you got the equipment to setup and tune yourself... Your not saving any money. Plus you'll be making the best friend you can have. And help out the small guy's. Good luck...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Default yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    If you're starting out or don't do much work on bows, I'd say buy it at a pro shop. I've bought online before without any problems but then I can set up my own bow. The past couple have been bought at a pro shop though. I think it all depends on your comfort level with working on your equipment. It's nice to throw some business at your pro shop providing they offer a decent service. I just have a problem with the shops that treat their customer like idiots and still expect me to spend my money there.
    Very well put Timmer, Exactly what i would have said.
    If u dont know : Pro-shops
    If you know how 2 work on them :box stores
    Be carefull of places like e-bay except for the archery stores that can give warrintees.
    I buy off e-bay and others all the time some good deals some bad.
    The pro-shop here has young kids in it here who cant tie a serving so i do everything myself.
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Refusing to Follow !!! joesigep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbaycity View Post
    What I'm looking for is some advice on whether it's a good idea to buy a bow online. always seems to be good deals, but how good are the products.
    Be careful; if you buy online many times it doesn't come with the factory warranty, at least this is what I was told concerning Bowtech's.

I try to support a local shop as much as possible but on bow purchases being Military and a Lefty, I tend to buy alot of my rigs thru the net.
    I have not came across a bad deal yet, but I have bought a few bows that I thought I would like and ended up not really liking them.
    I would say look locally and try out as many as you can then if you have to; look to the net.
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

well it is hard to say. Just never tell them it came of the net
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol