You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reflex Bighorn Intruder?

I have been away from shooting and hunting for about 12 years now. My son (9) got a bow for Christmas and his prodding has got me interested again. I found a Reflex Bighorn Intruder for sale. The bow is in great shape, light weight and seemed very smooth. 60-70lb draw with what felt like around 70 to 75% let off. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these bows? Any good points? Bad points? Would like to get a good bow but cant spend a fortune.
    Thanks in advance

to the Forum

I have absolutely no idea about this bow, but someone should be along shortly to give you some assistence.

If you are just looking to do some backyard targets with your son for now and it feels good for you then it probably is just fine.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Sorry, I am not the one to offer the assistance, but WELCOME to the forum.

Don't be afraid to jump right in and ask questions or post along with the BSers

Quote Originally Posted by thor0812 View Post
    I have been away from shooting and hunting for about 12 years now. My son (9) got a bow for Christmas and his prodding has got me interested again. I found a Reflex Bighorn Intruder for sale. The bow is in great shape, light weight and seemed very smooth. 60-70lb draw with what felt like around 70 to 75% let off. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these bows? Any good points? Bad points? Would like to get a good bow but cant spend a fortune.
    Thanks in advance
    Don't know much about the Bighorn, but Hoyt makes Reflex. Overall Reflex bows are not bad bows and should be good for hunting and recreational shooting.

Since you have been away for 12 years, I would recommend going to a pro-shop trying out other bows and make sure you are properly fitted for the bow.

Welcome to the Forum!

Thumbs up Hoyt Reflex

TO THE WORLD OF HOYT.I SHOT A ONIEDA SCREAMIN EAGLE BOW FOR THREE YEARS AND THE OTHER DAY I BOUGHT A HOYT REFLEX FOR UNDER 200 DOLLARS MAY I SAY THAT I PUT AWAY THE OLD SCREAMIN EAGLE TO THE CLOSET.AND NOW I SHOOT WITH PRIDE. IT,S SMOOTH AND MORE FORGIVING THAN ANYOTHER BOW OUT THERE. NO MORE FRUSTRATIONS
    Last edited by hoyt#1; 05-02-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Wink Bighorn By Hoyt

THE BIG HORN IS WHAT I HAVE AND AND A FRIEND OF MINE SHOT FOR HOYT AS A PRO STAFFER FOR 19 YEARS AND WHEN I HAD MY ONIEDA HE TOLD ME THAT I WOULD NEVER HIT SPOT.FOR THREE YEARS SHOT AND GOT CLOSE NOW AND AGAIN. NOW THAT I OWN A HOYT RELEX BIGHORN BOW I HIT THE SPOT ALL THE TIME.GET A HOYT AND GET SERIOUS

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

A friends of mine has one and I agree the draw curve is very nice, it's not a speed bow but I could definitely be satisfied have one as my hunting bow.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Default big letters

i was sent a email saying that big letters are going too set some of you off.just like too say that i am a hunter and a bow shooter not a tecky like bill gates .if big letters are going to set you off then i say get out from youre computer and go get shootin that bow.yall got the talkin part done.i shot 225 arrows today how many did yall shoot from behind that computer.and for spighte i wrote this all in small letters hope i didnt upset anyone.thank you and im glad i got such a warm welcome thank you
    Last edited by hoyt#1; 05-02-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt#1 View Post
    i was sent a email saying that big letters are going too set some of you off.just like too say that i am a hunter and a bow shooter not a tecky like bill gates .if big letters are going to set you off then i say get out from youre computer and go get shootin that bow.yall got the talkin part done.i shot 225 arrows today how many did yall shot from behind that computer.and for spight i wrote this all in small letters hope i didnt upset anyone.thank you and im glad i got such a warm welcome thank you
    relax, man. nobody's mad, it's just when you use all caps, it's considered yelling. welcome to the forum....

Default funny

i did not know that letters could be loud.so now am i whispering?

I guess....

i was sent a email saying that big letters are going too set some of you off.just like too say that i am a hunter and a bow shooter not a tecky like bill gates .if big letters are going to set you off then i say get out from youre computer and go get shootin that bow.yall got the talkin part done.i shot 225 arrows today how many did yall shoot from behind that computer.and for spighte i wrote this all in small letters hope i didnt upset anyone.thank you and im glad i got such a warm welcome thank you
    No need to be spiteful or be a grenade.

I was just trying to be friendly and pass on the lessons of "netiquette" that all of us got taught when we first started posting stuff online. I appreciated it when I was told...guess I'm not too perfect to accept a hand every now and again.

So, as an open question to all (me asking for help), is "number of arrows" the standard measurement for how much practice is the right amount...or is it another brag stat (e.g.: I pull a 110# draw weight sitting in an outhouse and shoot a huge overdraw with 6" arrows that goe 390 fps with 1/2" super vanes.)
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

It's just one of the sucky shortfalls of communicating by typed text. You can't really convey voice tone or anything.

More than half of communication is non-verbal (i.e. not about the words you use)...but here it's 100% verbal.

Just have fun, consider that most people here whose posts seem jerky are usually either trying to be funny, misunderstanding what they read, or taking the piss out of someone else. Except Slippy...he's just jerky.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

Default thank you

sorry .thank you j.c. from l.a. i guess i know a little more about hunting than computer manners .out in the woods i dont think the deer,hogs care about BIG letters or small letters and i thought that hunting and bow shooting was what was important on this forum and if you read my post you will see that what was written was nice and polite.

Default number of arrows

i am not bragging but the more you shoot the better you get and as long as youre outdoing youre self better youll be thats all.and if any ones looking for a little heart ill sell mine cheap

Default lets talk hunting

has any one been lately?if so what did you see?what happen after that?

Default gone hunting

two weeks ago i went to teague tx. with some friends and they set me down by and old oak tree it was rutted down to the roots.the smell was still in the air wild hog that is.one hour ito the hunt i got thirsty.safety first i set the bow down and undid my arrow grabbed the bottle water too get a drink and 15 from me was a 250 pound boar hog looking at this bottle floating in the air not at me but the bottle.i had sent killer on and a gilly suit so he didnt see me only the bottle.so slowly grabbing my bow and arrow i went too set my nock onthe string and thats all it took he puffed up and trotted off not knowing what he just hear and seen .my freinds set 20 feet in the air up a tree.my heart was poundind and you just cant get that up a tree.

good story, hoyt1.....

those big ol boars can be a little scary up close.....

[QUOTE=J.C.;168507]good story, hoyt1.....

those big ol boars can be a little scary up close.....[/QUOTE thanks j.c. theres nothin more exciting than settin down the barrel of a grown boar hog.have you closed the distance lately?and im a member of huaco bow club hope i spelled it right i hadnt been there long.
    Last edited by hoyt#1; 05-02-2008 at 11:42 PM.

[QUOTE=hoyt#1;168516]
    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    good story, hoyt1.....

those big ol boars can be a little scary up close.....[/QUOTE thanks j.c. theres nothin more exciting than settin down the barrel of a grown boar hog.have you closed the distance lately?
    no, I didn't hunt at all this past year. I've been getting over a bad ankle break.