You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Default Help...i have a ?...

we all know that these sites are for helping each other,learning,sharing info etc.......but how does one truely feel when they try to help someone with a ? concerning a problem with their bow.....like someone would ask about a string problem and is there a way to fix it w/o having to buy new strings only to have a jerk post...ah..your strings are junk...take um off and get so and so's strings.....when this,i feel really didn't help with the person's ? that was asked.So how do you feel/handle this when it does happen.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

I think it is the nature of these types of sites and their users.

When I see a question regarding strings or wraps, I try to answer the question as best as I can. I will not promote my own stuff in a thread like that. I also get tired of the way those questions end up.

I don't know what you can do as an individual other than just try to answer the question and hope the person gets something out of it.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether they want to be a jerk or offer some good advice....the person asking the question just needs to decided what makes most sense to them and try it...Hopefully there is always at least one person offering good advice.

Maybe, if the questioner takes the advice of the jerks and gets a new string he will find that the new string was a better choice

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    we all know that these sites are for helping each other,learning,sharing info etc.......but how does one truely feel when they try to help someone with a ? concerning a problem with their bow.....like someone would ask about a string problem and is there a way to fix it w/o having to buy new strings only to have a jerk post...ah..your strings are junk...take um off and get so and so's strings.....when this,i feel really didn't help with the person's ? that was asked.So how do you feel/handle this when it does happen.

Well i would just give my 2 cents on the subject...........then wait for a senior member or a mod to help out......alot of experianced people well versed in the english language will usually tongue lash the culprit..
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Good question.... That was one of my concerns IChim2 when they were talking about adding a how to section. That is why I wanted the Mods to have to approve the posts before they went out to the general public. We could have people on here posting all kinds of stuff that could get somebody hurt or cost them alot of money. Everybody has their own opinions on equipment, I know I do. And on several occasions in this forum been told I was an idiot for shooting the kind of bow that I do. But I don't pay much attention to what other people think because I paid the money for it and if I am happy with it that's all that really matters. I don't care what ya shoot somebody is standing ready to pull the rug out from underneath ya as quickly as possible. Is it right I don't think so. Will it continue to happen? you bet it will.. I just wish people would just use a little common sense when somebody is asking a serious question.... Unless I posted it then it's fair game...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

dodgensince74

I ignore thier post and move on to the next one. Eventually some one with some brains will give me a proper answer .

I answer to the best of my knowledge. I never knock any ones any thing. I am one of the most neutral person on here. I even own 3 Pro Pods (never use them now) But I will not knock you for using them. Even thou we all know Mine Quick Stand is better. (I had to lol)
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

I ususally wil anwser only if I think I have enough experience with the problem they are having. Although I have been shooting a bo for a lot of years I really never focused on the mechanics and the importance of all the variables untill the last couple of years. I will not tell someone that bow XYZ is the only one to buy! ITs a personal choice and I will usually try and let them know that.
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

Quote Originally Posted by poorman View Post
    I ususally wil anwser only if I think I have enough experience with the problem they are having. Although I have been shooting a bo for a lot of years I really never focused on the mechanics and the importance of all the variables untill the last couple of years. I will not tell someone that bow XYZ is the only one to buy! ITs a personal choice and I will usually try and let them know that.
    Going ghost hunting? Have you got one yet.
    Sorry I had to
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

I think you just need to answer the question to the best of your ability, and if someone feels the need to bash just ignore it. Eventually they'll go away, and if they don't Wheels will ban'm...

Let me try and refrase it cause i suck when it comes to talking from behind a key board .Lets say, a newbie bought a new bow(we'll call the bow..brand X) and there was a problem with the module eating(more than likely from cam lean in which is an easy fix) into the serving(which dosen't necessarily mean the strings are crappy) and asked if there was something/a fix that could be done to correct the problem before resorting to buying new strings/cables and say 2 0r 3 people tried to help with opinions on what to do/try and than a couple smart' es that shoot a different brand bow than brand X posts something stupid like.....them bows came with crappy strings/cables and they're junk i'd jerk them off and get a set from so and so......which imo wouldn't help the person a bit if the module was eating into the serving and if not corrected will still eat up the best strings/cables no mater who you get them from.My ? is pointed more in the direction of....if your trying to help someone but a couple of a holes pop in..as mentioned above.....with dumb remarks as mentioned above......do you over look it...or would you tell them something in the line of......Hey...he asked if there was something he could do to his bow to fix the problem...not for some idiot to tell him his stuff was junk and buy new strings from so and so.I like to have fun and clown around as much as anyone and i'm pretty tough skinned....but it sure burns my butt when i(or anyone else)trys to help only to have some smart know it all post crap that wants to make me reach through my computer screen and sqeeze him till his eye balls pop out....and buy the way..it's not anything that happened here.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

yep thats what i got from your original post.......i under stood it,i bet i know where it came from,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Quote Originally Posted by OneMustFall View Post
    yep thats what i got from your original post.......i under stood it,i bet i know where it came from,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    yeap...someone pushed the panic button when i got enough and spoke my mind...
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

yeap...someone pushed the panic button when i got enough and spoke my mind...
    AT or Mathews forum????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    AT or Mathews forum????
    Not Mathews.........
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

Not Mathews.........

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Laugh if you want.....but it's getting serious over there to the point that your Guilty.....till proven inoccent.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

Laugh if you want.....but it's getting serious over there to the point that your Guilty.....till proven inoccent.
    getting bad?????

its been bad for a while.........

and with this thread, one of there henchmen will be here shortly.......

Let me try and refrase it cause i suck when it comes to talking from behind a key board .Lets say, a newbie bought a new bow(we'll call the bow..brand X) and there was a problem with the module eating(more than likely from cam lean in which is an easy fix) into the serving(which dosen't necessarily mean the strings are crappy) and asked if there was something/a fix that could be done to correct the problem before resorting to buying new strings/cables and say 2 0r 3 people tried to help with opinions on what to do/try and than a couple smart' es that shoot a different brand bow than brand X posts something stupid like.....them bows came with crappy strings/cables and they're junk i'd jerk them off and get a set from so and so......which imo wouldn't help the person a bit if the module was eating into the serving and if not corrected will still eat up the best strings/cables no mater who you get them from.My ? is pointed more in the direction of....if your trying to help someone but a couple of a holes pop in..as mentioned above.....with dumb remarks as mentioned above......do you over look it...or would you tell them something in the line of......Hey...he asked if there was something he could do to his bow to fix the problem...not for some idiot to tell him his stuff was junk and buy new strings from so and so.I like to have fun and clown around as much as anyone and i'm pretty tough skinned....but it sure burns my butt when i(or anyone else)trys to help only to have some smart know it all post crap that wants to make me reach through my computer screen and sqeeze him till his eye balls pop out....and buy the way..it's not anything that happened here.
    In that case I would do the same. Tell them to be constructive or shut up.
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

If you don't use what I do then you are wrong and I will tell you so..........Oh wait thats not what I do. Thats what I used to get (over there).

By the way bunnyboy leave the Mathews Forum alone.

"HONDA"