You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default The Right Bow For a Beginner

I am looking to purchase a bow. As i said i am a beginner and have a little hunting experience. I know i need a 27.5 to 28 inch draw and think i want a 60# bow. I have read up on bows some and think a single cam will be less work for me. What do you pros recommend (Brand, Weights and all the specs)

Thanks
    Chef

The best thing you can do is go to a reputable pro shop(not a big box store!!!) and get fitted. They will let you shoot different brands and models. Then, you will just have to choose which you like the best. It's all about feel.........if it doesn't feel right to you, then it's not a good fit for you.
    No bashing.......Violators will be shot.......Survivors will be prosecuted.

The best thing you can do is go to a reputable pro shop(not a big box store!!!) and get fitted. They will let you shoot different brands and models. Then, you will just have to choose which you like the best. It's all about feel.........if it doesn't feel right to you, then it's not a good fit for you.
    make sure you are fitted good can make big differance shoot many bows before you buy
    aim small miss small

Listen to the posts above. Get fitted properly above all else.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thanks for the info

Is there anything i should stay away from. I dont really know what to look for. The pro shop i use seems to be good.

chef

I went to the store today and talk to a bow rep. He carries Mathews, Jennings and just started Martin. He suggested a Martin Orion bow, They get it in a fully outfitted kit with every thing needed.
    Tech Specs
    Weight: 3 lbs. 9.5 oz. Draw Weights: 50# - 70#
    LetOff: 75% / 65% Peak Speed: 300 FPS

He recommend to get the 60-70# limbs and to turn it down to 60. I told him that i think i want to be at 60. Do you feel that turning the bow down is a problem or should i get 50-60 and set it at 60.

The complete package comes with the bow and all of these accessories: Stinger 4 Blade Broadheads 4 Carbon Arrows Hurrican Extreme Release Martin DVD Martin Lightwave Stabilizer Airline Approved Bowcase Field Points Martin Vented Armguard Martin Cap Speed Bearings Helix Strings Coreflex Limbs Solid 7 Alignment system Machined Aluminum Fiber Optic Sight Arrow Rest Thermal Grip 4 Arrow Quiver VEMs Teflon Plated Cable Guard Limbsaver String Leaches Braided Bowstring

Should this do it or look for a diffrent bow or brand

Thank you for helping a rookie
    Chef

Correct me if i am wrong but isnt that bow somewhere in the 30" class. And to answer youre question yes I beleive it is better to shoot the bow at the highest poundage as it will alow for easier tuneing (my opinion) The bow will be closer to spec right off the bat. I used to think that you had to shoot 70lbs all the time, but a broken back convinced me that 60-64 is more than o.k. for 3-d, turkey, deer, spots, just about anything you can put in front of me. Plus at the end of the day wy shoulders are still working like they were at the start of the day.
    I cut things up and split them down!

60 to 64 is fine, just go feel one out at a small pro shop,, not Bass pro either.