You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Just bought my first bow and I could really use some advice.

I just bought my first bow and I was hoping you guys could tell me what some of the accessories on here are for and what else you might recommend that I get. I paid 300. Do you think that was a good deal?

Thanks

Bowtech Tomkat Compound Bow, 2002 model riser , but limbs are brand new, Bow is set up for 29 inch draw length at this point, 70 lb peak draw weight, Single cam, comes with string silencers, arrow nock and cusher button, 2 pin arrow rest, three pin fiber optic Cobra rest. Bow has some wear on riser but is not excessive. This a Right Hand Bow. Brace height is 9 inches, 31 inches axle to axle, IBO speed is from 284 to 292.

Default Description

I assumed you wanted to know what the installed accessories are...

Bowtech Tomkat Compound Bow, 2002 model riser , but limbs are brand new, Bow is set up for 29 inch draw length at this point (at full draw, distance between your nock pt and the inside curve of your handle plus 1.75")

70 lb peak draw weight (adjustable, likely between 60 and 70 lb)
    Single cam (cam provides speed)
    comes with string silencers (reduces after shot vibration noise), arrow nock and cusher button (cusher button is below the arrow, prevents pinching when a release is hooked directly to the string)
    2 pin arrow rest - I assume it is a launcher style

three pin fiber optic Cobra rest(I think you mean sight). Bow has some wear on riser but is not excessive. This a Right Hand Bow. Brace height is 9 inches,(measurement between string and tapped hole near your rest)

31 inches axle to axle (overal length reference - actual bow will be longer when measured to the outside of the cam ODs)

IBO speed is from 284 to 292 (measured at 70# dw, 30" DL, 350 grain arrow).

As for if it is a good deal - hard to tell without seeing it but I would assume it is.

If I mis-interpreted what you were asked, let me know.
    Steve C
    Portage, MI

Carter Releases .... Shoot The Best!

Vortex Optics

Hoyt Pro-Elite
    Hoyt Ultratec

Sureloc Supreme Sight
    Sureloc Scope w/0.5 and 0.6 diopters
    Doinker 32" Elite Series Stabilizer
    Carbon Express X-Jammers - Spot
    Easton Fatboy 400 - 3D

Glory Be To The Lord

Thanks very much. I also wanted to know which additional accessories would be good for me to purchase. if anybody on this forum has accessories that would be useful for me and they are looking to sell then please let m eknow.

Thanks

Default Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Longisalndhunter
    Thanks very much. I also wanted to know which additional accessories would be good for me to purchase. if anybody on this forum has accessories that would be useful for me and they are looking to sell then please let m eknow.

Thanks
    I did not see any mention of a release aid which I would highly recommend - start with the trigger style with a wrist strap. I would also get a short stabilizer to help balance your bow.

Lastly, get with someone who knows how to shoot and learn proper form before you start to shoot to prevent any bad habit development.
    Steve C
    Portage, MI

Carter Releases .... Shoot The Best!

Vortex Optics

Hoyt Pro-Elite
    Hoyt Ultratec

Sureloc Supreme Sight
    Sureloc Scope w/0.5 and 0.6 diopters
    Doinker 32" Elite Series Stabilizer
    Carbon Express X-Jammers - Spot
    Easton Fatboy 400 - 3D

Glory Be To The Lord

Default One thing to add...

Take your bow and get rid of the string nock, all it does is help push down your arrow nock (try it - put on a nock only, draw back and watch what happens _ DO NOT RELEASE). Have a pro shop put on a D-Loop.
    Keith
    NBEF Instructor
    South Dakota - Iowa

I second getting a string loop, best thing I ever did on all my bows, also when looking at release aids lookt for one that has adjustments, to lengthen or shorten the pull. You will thank me later.
    I cut things up and split them down!