You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

View Poll Results: Decisions, Decisions

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary and Bill Clinton

7 22.58%
  • Barack Obama

1 3.23%
  • John Edwards

0 0%
  • Rudy Giuliani

1 3.23%
  • Mike Huckabee

16 51.61%
  • John McCain

6 19.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Election

Default Election

Why don't we have any good presidential candidates? What canidate should we as hunters favor?
    Last edited by tnts79; 01-09-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

I'm going with Huckabee simply over the Chuck Norris Factor.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

I don't like Hillary Clinton, but Bill was a good president. Mabey if she is elected we could have another 4 years with ole Bill in the White House?

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Well,if it comes down to it,my vote goes to H & B....imo,she'll have a good adviser behind her.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

I would like to say maybe we should have ummm more then 1, Just for the fact that any bussiness that has enough emplyees to do the work, has better customer satisfaction!!!

Hitlery and Bill will take your guns away from you. Too early to tell who I will back, but this much I already know, it won't be the party that is out to restrict the sale of simi-auto weapons. I didn't say "Ban" (even though that is the ultimate goal) but they don't want you to be able to buy anymore or even be able to transfer the ones you alrealy own............................................... .................................................. ................I'll stop now
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    Hitlery and Bill will take your guns away from you. Too early to tell who I will back, but this much I already know, it won't be the party that is out to restrict the sale of simi-auto weapons. I didn't say "Ban" (even though that is the ultimate goal) but they don't want you to be able to buy anymore or even be able to transfer the ones you alrealy own............................................... .................................................. ................I'll stop now
    Semi-autos generally shoot like crap compared to bolt actions anyway, so i've never desired to have one for a hunting rifle....not sure why i would need to rattle of a ten shot clip to kill something...

As far as politicians go, i have a hard time backing someone who pardons convicted murderers and wants to give amnesty to illegal aliens (Huckabee)
    Nick
    2005 Hoyt Vtec 28/70

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    I don't think they want my hunting guns.....i think their more after the crap that drive shooters have....guns that wouldn't normally be used deer,turkey and small game.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

the semiautos are a start... once then get there foot in the door then can keep going untill all guns are ban.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

Well with out getting into a major debate over it. If you insert the word "Simi-Auto" into the equation, it will eventually effect your hunting guns or any non revolver hand guns that you own. Point being, if you allow them to restrict the sales of any, it opens the door for the future restriction of all.

Semi-autos generally shoot like crap compared to bolt actions anyway, so i've never desired to have one for a hunting rifle....not sure why i would need to rattle of a ten shot clip to kill something... I agree on the shooting part...the desire to own one is your choice and your entitled to it.....but would you go as far as to force it on everyone?

As far as politicians go, i have a hard time backing someone who pardons convicted murderers and wants to give amnesty to illegal aliens (Huckabee
    all Presidents and Govenors pardon crooks and sometimes murders, we gave them the right to do that...but ya got to stop the alien invasion.

www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

NOT ANY OF THEM!!!!!!!!! None are worthy of being President!!!!!
    Mathews SwitchBack XT
    29"
    60# Draw
    Extreme RT900 w/additional pin
    Trophy Taker Rest

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=2124

I'm a V.I.P. member of the ........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

If we let them get their foot in the door they wont stop until they have all the guns. I believe then they will come after our bows. Just my opinion. But i will fight to keep my guns and hunting rights.

Mo.Hick

Do everything you can to support the your local NRA chapter. I'm sure the Democrats have more to worry about than our semi-auto weapons! Semi-autos are great guns, AR's, all the way down to ruger 10/22's good luck taking back the 4,999,999 rugers that were made.

Fred Thompson
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

[QUOTE=hoyt_hunter007;118313]Semi-autos generally shoot like crap compared to bolt actions anyway, so i've never desired to have one for a hunting rifle....not sure why i would need to rattle of a ten shot clip to kill something...

Ever Quail hunt? Duck? Goose? ,Pheasant? When they talk SEMI they include shotguns as well, I use a Rem. 870 but that is a pump. Hard to shoot trap or skeet with a single shot 12 guage, on them I use my semi. On deer I use my Remington 700 which I have in various cal. But I also own a Remington 742 BDL (old timer) that I love. Taking away the "semI's" is just a start for the anti-gun people. Once they build momentum and start banning the anti-hunters will chime in and we will all be I have and always will be a Life Member in the NRA and enjoy shooting my various Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns.
    Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 01-09-2008 at 03:13 PM.

dodgensince74

I can tell who I wouldn't vote for and that is Obama and McCain, I don't trust any of the canidates but those are the 2 that I trust the least .

Quote Originally Posted by rpford53 View Post
    Fred Thompson
    I would prefer to vote for Fred as well, but I am afraid I will be stuck voting for Romney or Huckabee...
    Hook 'Em Horns

[QUOTE=Ever Quail hunt? Duck? Goose? ,Pheasant? When they talk SEMI they include shotguns as well,=[/QUOTE]

Yes i do, and i also use a remington 870 12 guage that drops them just fine...deer too. I always had better luck with pumps because they force you to re-aim for every shot, where a semi-auto makes it easy to panic and just start throwing lead, which rarely turns out well...my 2 cents

I've never found myself saying "God if only i had a semi-auto i could have shot at least three more times..."
    Nick
    2005 Hoyt Vtec 28/70