You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: First time 3D!

Hybrid View

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Thumbs up First time 3D!

Just shot my first 3D target league. What a blast! I've only had my bow for a week and shot it twice before the league.
    We had 10 stations with 3 arrows each (x2). 8 stations were 1 arrow @15 yards and 2 from 20 and the tree stand was approx 25-28 yards all 3 shots. I had only set my 20 yard pin so everything other than that was a guess. Standing, sitting, kneeling, around trees, standing on a wobbly block and standing up on a log. My favorite target was the gator.
    There were some really good guys but I shot 216 for the night. Not last but, room for improvement. I did drop 2 arrows (miss), I guess I flinched. I saw a few broken arrows (none of which were mine)
    Really helpful crowd... they had to show me how to do everything.
    I was grinning like an idiot for an hour afterward.

Guess I'm hooked!

Default Great!

I am glad you enjoyed it - no use doing it unless it is fun regardless of the level of competition.

Keep it up!
    Steve C
    Portage, MI

Carter Releases .... Shoot The Best!

Vortex Optics

Hoyt Pro-Elite
    Hoyt Ultratec

Sureloc Supreme Sight
    Sureloc Scope w/0.5 and 0.6 diopters
    Doinker 32" Elite Series Stabilizer
    Carbon Express X-Jammers - Spot
    Easton Fatboy 400 - 3D

Glory Be To The Lord

Yeah its a fun time, we have 3d here on thurs nights, its a blast!!! We dont have a gator though, sounds cool!! keep doing it, you will get better!! And have fun!!

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I just wish my job let me do it more often, as I travel a lot with work. I'll keep on as the schedule allows.

Here's a question about arrow lengthI have a 27.5" draw but my local archery shop set me up with 25.75" arrows... Does this sound too short? I am not using an overdraw. Also I'm using the GT hunter expeditions arrow with the 3555 stiffness/spine. I'm pulling 60# but will increment up to 66-68 by fall. Could I use the 5575 and go up to 26"?

Thanks,

-Two_shoes

Sorry for any technical ignorance on my part... I've only had my bow for a week now and trying to learn a fair amount.... I'm a technical info geek for sure. OK, ok, I'm just a geek looking for technical info.

Why, are the arrows not flying well?? If it was your first 3-d I think you did fairly well.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Bowman,

Naw the arrows were flying fine (from what I could tell) as I had paper tested the bow earlier that day. (tha's another story in itself) I just didn't want to be limited on arrow choices and know what my options are.
    Thanks for your reply! I was jazzed just to hit the targets as many times as I did. I missed one on the video as I had no idea where to aim on an animal without scoring rings on it . The guy on the second line told me roughly how to whack it. 4-5s after that.

Take care,

-Two_shoes