You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hunter Safety System

Ok I have been thinking about purchasing one of these for the last couple of years. Who has worn them and have you seen any advantages or disadvantages with the HSS compared to other safety harnesses?
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Default Ha ,Bull

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Ok I have been thinking about purchasing one of these for the last couple of years. Who has worn them and have you seen any advantages or disadvantages with the HSS compared to other safety harnesses?
    I havent tried the HSS but im sure its great if there making harness's for hunting.
    Ive always been climbing trees for about 32years now since i was 16
    I never even used a harness until i was about 30 years old
    And after useing them i used what ever they gave u with the tree stand which was nothing but a belt.
    Until now.
    Last year i had the pleasure of purchaseing 2 of the best treestands i have ever used as far as comfortable and safe.
    With them they gave me Full body harnesses and an awesome mountain climbers rope and loop type system that is out of the way of the shooter, somfortable to wear and above all safe.
    I only needed 1 so thats why im giveing 1 away to u guys that comes with a DVD and everything that u need to be safe in the woods.
    I would recomend u try the HSS at a Hunting show or store in your area first
    If its not comfortable i dont think you would wear it.
    Thats the way i felt until now.
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Does nobody use these...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

I have one and do not go up a tree without it. Make sure you get one (I think they all do now) that has seat belt release clips.Once you have it set to your comfort it is as easy as clicking the seatbelt in your car. Once you use it a few times you won't even know it is there. Practice shooting with it on in the preseason to get used to where to place the strap on the tree so you do not interfere with your draw arm when the BIG BOY walks by.

Best harness on the market in my IMHO.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

I have been interested in one of these also. Do they work under your camo, if you had to really layer up? It seems that all of these great products are designed by people from the south and and sometimes they forget about us up in the cooler climates. For example I bought a Primos Buck Roar, it sounded awesome...in my house. It froze up the first time I used it in the woods and was worthless to me. I hope the HSS can fit either over or under several layers.
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    I have been interested in one of these also. Do they work under your camo, if you had to really layer up? It seems that all of these great products are designed by people from the south and and sometimes they forget about us up in the cooler climates. For example I bought a Primos Buck Roar, it sounded awesome...in my house. It froze up the first time I used it in the woods and was worthless to me. I hope the HSS can fit either over or under several layers.
    yeah you could layer with it. It's a vest with two straps that go under your legs and attach with car seat belt buckles. The safety strap is right at the base of your neck so you could wear a coat over it.

I currently use an old belt from 1994 that just straps around my waist with a seat belt buckle. I know it isn't the safest but it is so easy. When I do buy a new system it will probably be HSS...especially after seeing my friends spend 5-10 minute putting on the harness that come standard with all stands. When I am already running late to the woods the last thing I want to do is untangle a knotted mess of straps.
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

Yep, I bought one for one when I rifled hunt. Got the one that is reversable to the hunters orange but now think it was a waste of time as I never use the Orange color as I have it layered under my cold gear. Would just buy straight camo now and save the extra 10/20 dollars. Comfortable. Little on the heavy side.
    Wonder if they make an attachment enabling it to be hooked to a bar stool.
    Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 01-27-2008 at 08:18 AM.

I don't use safety equipment.............

"HONDA"

Cabela's has a good deal on vest in bargan cave now. Comes with a orange vest that goes over it instead of reversing. I think i'm gonna order one tonight. I had two freinds take dives from stands this year and it ain't pretty. Ss.
    Jennings Uniforce 70lbs
    overdraw
    XX75 2216's (26")
    Muzzy 100 3 blade.
    FBSA PROUD MEMBER.
    President of the DickyDoo club.

I never wore one until I had my kids. With three little ones at home who depend on me so they can eat I always wear my HSS. Regardless if Im hunting or hanging...................
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

I use the HSS, I'm a big guy and it fit very well out of the box and its easy!! That was my biggest deal...you can also layer with it as someone else said...very good investment!!!
    Mathews Staff Shooter Northern Dutchess Archery & Sportsman Supply - www.ndarchery.com

TruBall & Axcel & Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff

I thought they were for women and children.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I upgraded from the strap around the waist to the "seat o pants" vest type restraint when I read about guys dying hanging in the tree.In addition I expect my son to wear a vest and wanted to set a good example.

I find the system very easy to work with with no negative aspects. I feel unready to hunt without it. I use the pockets and remove the rope to drag deer out, it is now an essential part of my hunting ensemble
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

I use the HSS pro vest. It's excellent. I have three children at home and don't want to leave them without a Dad. I use it everytime I go.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Safety harness

Everyone should wear one while in a tree stand. I read every year of someone falling out killing themselves or injuring themselves for life. A 50 dollar investment is cheap when you read the stories of the guys or gals who fall out. If all you can afford is the ones which come with the tree stands--use it. If you can pay for a vest then it is much easier to put on and take off. The main thing is to keep working with the thing until you get use to it. Todays hunting clothes have a slit in them for the harness to go through. All it takes is for it to save you once and you will never forget it. The stiching on the strap is so it will break and extend a little at a time to slow your fall--Hope you never have to see that happen. After you attach yourself in the tree move around and make sure everything is fine. One hunter I know this past fall couldn't reach his arrows on the platform after he tied off. In closing wear a safety harness and make your hunting buddies. Nothing destroys a fall hunt like a funeral.

I bought the gorilla vest from cabella's last night. Comes with pretty much everthing including orange vest and lines man climbing belt. about $60.00. cheap money to be safe.
    Jennings Uniforce 70lbs
    overdraw
    XX75 2216's (26")
    Muzzy 100 3 blade.
    FBSA PROUD MEMBER.
    President of the DickyDoo club.

I always use a safety system of some sort. The tree saddle is nothing but a safty belt with a seat sewn in. I personally know a few people that took a dive. 1 of the is a quad.

WEAR A SAFETY HARNESS
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Easier to put on
    More comfortable
    do not tangle into a mess

more comfortable....

It's 100% more comfortable than the ones you get with a new tree-stand. The availibilty to put gear in the pockets and keep it close at hand is also a definite +. The only thing I would like to see is a bino system like the loggy bayou transformer. Im pretty sure they dont have them on the new H.S.S.'s. But I think it would make it really nice to be able to have everything close by, and secure.
    07-Hoyt Vectrix-29IN @ 65LB
    -Easton RT APG ST Axis 27in W/100 grain /Tips-
    -TT Shakey Hunter-
    -Extreme RT 900-
    -275FPS-