Thread: Profound Texas Thinking
01-13-2008, 01:05 AM #1
Profound Texas Thinking
To all you old law dogs now just lyin' in the shade, current pistoleros and other fervent Second Amendment believers: I would rather be your friend, but if you are not interested in that, I am prepared to be a capable and efficient enemy.
This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain.. All else is supplemental. As John Steinbeck once said :
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. America is not at war. The U..S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall.
5. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. (but shoot first anyway, then call 911)
6. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?". The Ranger responded with, "Because they don't make a .46."
7. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
8. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "NO Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle." ( Winchester Model 94 30-30 Cal. and loaded with Winchester Silver Tips, no doubt).
9. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
01-13-2008, 01:07 AM #2
01-13-2008, 07:45 AM #3
- Join Date
- May 2006
- in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
Very Sage words and ones that I trust in and we can all live peaceable lives by.
long live the 2nd amendment
Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
01-13-2008, 08:53 AM #4
works for me.
Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
An proud member of the FBSA
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
01-13-2008, 01:00 PM #5
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Norwalk Wi
I not sure if Wi. passed the right to carry permit law or not, but if I felt I needed carry a gun to be safe going to the supermarket I wouldn't give a if I had a permit or not.Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?
01-13-2008, 03:38 PM #6
Gun Control................means hitting your target.
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM #7
Gun control.........means using both hands.Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidity.
The greatest thing I had accomplished in my life was serving my country, until I became a dad.
01-25-2008, 07:09 PM #8
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Central MA
That kind of thinking will get you sent to sensitivity classes here in Ted Kennedy land. I'm lucky I can still have a bow!Jennings Uniforce 70lbs
XX75 2216's (26")
Muzzy 100 3 blade.
FBSA PROUD MEMBER.
President of the DickyDoo club.
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM #9
By BUNNYMAN in forum Bowhunting forumReplies: 23Last Post: 11-10-2007, 11:59 AM
By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 43Last Post: 11-04-2007, 10:25 AM
By IChim2 in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 45Last Post: 08-18-2007, 04:28 PM
By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 73Last Post: 08-12-2007, 01:25 AM
By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 37Last Post: 04-19-2007, 10:43 PM