You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STS patent

NICE......glad to here it.......

my only question is will they go after Bear for the one thay used umpteen years ago???
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 01-13-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    I cut things up and split them down!

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

I don't know if this will effect meanv..Dan or not....i have 2 of his and been thinking of another.....i guess i better quit thinking about it and do it.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

Great..............its about time.

"HONDA"

Better get those CSS, vibekillers, P.O.S quickly. Once royalties start rolling in from the major manufacturers, I suppose they will put a stop to the little guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOL View Post
    Better get those CSS, vibekillers, P.O.S quickly. Once royalties start rolling in from the major manufacturers, I suppose they will put a stop to the little guys.
    ahhh just dont buy the imitations and you wont have to worry about it......

Truth be told my favorite is the original. But I was about to have CHL make me another vibekiller with a longer bolt to fit through my AEP vbar and bolt it to the riser. Can't do that with the STS bracket.

Truth be told my favorite is the original. But I was about to have CHL make me another vibekiller with a longer bolt to fit through my AEP vbar and bolt it to the riser. Can't do that with the STS bracket.
    can you mount your v bar to the front of the riser???

not sure how this is going to work. What kind of patent did they get. Because if you look Cool hand Luke's is not like any STS out there. They are a lot of different kinds of Patents. So I am not sure it will apply to MeanV and cool hand Luke. Because there design is not the same and the can show design date of when they started making them. An beleive me I know what I am talking about.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    can you mount your v bar to the front of the riser???
    Now you're just being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    not sure how this is going to work. What kind of patent did they get. Because if you look Cool hand Luke's is not like any STS out there. They are a lot of different kinds of Patents. So I am not sure it will apply to MeanV and cool hand Luke. Because there design is not the same and the can show design date of when they started making them. An beleive me I know what I am talking about.
    Makes sense, but they have apparently come to an agreement with the bow manufacturers, and their designs are no more like the STS than any of the others. But they might just not want the hassle of fighting it out.

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Thats true.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

Makes sense, but they have apparently come to an agreement with the bow manufacturers, and their designs are no more like the STS than any of the others. But they might just not want the hassle of fighting it out.
    Most likely that is it. I use Vibe killers because of my V Bars up front. An Luke is the only one how makes them for pro elites that mount on the back of the bow. Thanks to yours truely.
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Now you're just being silly.
    OH yeah??

take a look.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 01-13-2008 at 05:15 PM.

ahhh just dont buy the imitations and you wont have to worry about it......
    Right!!! Though I do have a CSS on my target bow. I like it alot too. Its rods are all carbon fiber. Light and works real well. I have an original STS on my hunting bow and dont see a big difference in performance. And I think the CSS is a couple pennies cheaper. For now anyways!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Site Guru

NICE......glad to here it.......

my only question is will they go after Bear for the one thay used umpteen years ago???
    I'd like to see the patent because there is no way that they got a generic type patent for an item to stop string vibration...

The archery companies are all not worried because they aren't afraid of the patent at all
    No I'm not dead

So I should hurry up and buy one for my Ovation............right.

"HONDA"

I wonder if it will be something in the lines of any and all string suppression coming reward off the the bow riser?
    PSE Bow Madness/ GX
    Dead Center Archery Pro staff
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff NY
    TRU Ball prostaff/Vapor Trail Prostaff/BuckBomb Prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by hilltophunter View Post
    I wonder if it will be something in the lines of any and all string suppression coming reward off the the bow riser?
    To broad of a thing. You can not get a patent on that. The only thing STS and the others have in common is they do the same thing. So the first compound bow patent would have stop all others from making them. If that were the case.

Default hmmmmm

The string suppresser was invented long before the sts. I think they have a patent for their design of a exsiting product. I see this going nowhere. Way to many small guys making them not to mention some of the biggest bow mfg on the planet who have millions of dollars to throw at this issue. I wouldnt go Y2K just yet on supressers.