You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default This was awsome!!!!

Tonight after I got done shooting my indoor league round at Gander mountain. Saw something really cool, was sitting in the back of the range adding up scores getting ready to put my equipment away and in came two dads and 4 kids all about 9-11 years old, All of them had there own equipment and all started shooting, and let me tell you these kids are going to be shooters if we can keep them into it. And all were very safely using the range, no one nocking arrows when anyone was down range, all some what quite when other people were shooting. It was nice to see.
    I cut things up and split them down!

That's exactly what we need. I try to encourage all the kids that come into the range. I'll give them pointers every chance I get. All they need is a little positive motivation.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I agree too, not only is it good for archey, but i love to go shooting with my son, its a great father son thing to do!!!!

I wish I was shooting at 9 years old!

Default Agree 100%

Well guys I must say that some of the best times I've had recently have come by watching my 13 year old son shoot his new bow. He gets so excited and just grins . I truly hope he continues to enjoy shooting with dad even when he is wiping the floor with me. Which by my calculations should be somewhere between October 13 and November 26. Oh but wait maybe I should push that back a little because I am getting that new XT hopefully very soon. So maybe it will be next 3D season before I turn into a mop. LOL Well thats all for now guys and may I just say this site is becoming a fabulous place to hang out. Good Job again Chris!!!! Just can't be said enough. Later fellas.

Frank

"HONDA"

Different day same result, took my honey for first time shootng today and as we were leaving there was another group of kids and dads coming in to shoot! The archery gods must be in a good mood this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN
    Different day same result, took my honey for first time shootng today and as we were leaving there was another group of kids and dads coming in to shoot! The archery gods must be in a good mood this week.
    My sons shot their first bow today. They are 10 and 6. Believe it or not the 6 year old did quite well for his first time behind the string.

Good times. I hope they will continue as well. I remember when I was a kid I would take green limbs and make bows. Made my own arrows from sticks too. Ya'll remember when kids knew what "cowboys and indians" was.

Oh well......times have changed........and I am only 33

Scott

Default lil' girls too

I bought a Genisis pro for my daughter (age 10) & we shoot a target in the basement I use target time aginst her so she will git her homework done then we can shoot shes gitin pretty good I think I might have to git her a better bow soon. We are only shooting 10 yards but that works for building muscle and its practice
    Last edited by olman; 02-27-2006 at 11:07 PM.

I'm only 14 and i've been shooting for 4 years, is there any other archers here that are kids?

Default ding I had a thought

Hey chris how about a young buck and does section, that would be kinda cool. How about it guys and girls? Maybe some thing for the future

Default Great Idea

Good Idea Bowman my son lilHoosier is 13 and would like to talk to others his age. He just registered today and loved it. How about it Chris?

Frank

"HONDA"

I'm new to this forum, but have to put in my two cents. I'm one of those Dad's taking their kids to the range. It's great. My whole family and I have just gotten into archery. My wife got a Browning Micro Midas 3, I got an AR-37 Blade , and my kids are shooting PSE recurves.

My 11 year old daughter has asperations of becoming an Olympic archer, so she and her 8 year old brother are very exited about the whole thing, and beg us to go shooting all the time.

I'm actually thinking about setting up a range in my back yard at some point, just because we all want to go shooting so much. Tons of fun!

My son, Jake 11, and I just shot our 2nd 3d tourny on Sunday. It is just great to see kids that are interested in outdoor sports. We paired up and shot with 2 16 year olds. Really enjoyed it.

If you a have kids, boys or girls, take them out and at least give them a chance to spend time with you in the field or on the range. They will not be kids for long.