You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need Sighting in Help

i am trying to sight in my new bow. i have an hha, single pin, slider sight. i have the scope on the lowest holes on the bracket, an the slider is almost at the top of the adjustment, just about 1/4 in left and this is my 20 yard mark.
    i need the arrow to come up some, should i move the nock point down, the rest up, or the rest and nock point up, aaaahhhh!

(x2) 2007 Guardians 70# @29in.
    GoldTip 5575
    Gateway Razor feathers
    Limb drivers, HHAs
    meanv supressor, TruBall

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by OB1.25 View Post
    i am trying to sight in my new bow. i have an hha, single pin, slider sight. i have the scope on the lowest holes on the bracket, an the slider is almost at the top of the adjustment, just about 1/4 in left and this is my 20 yard mark.
    i need the arrow to come up some, should i move the nock point down, the rest up, or the rest and nock point up, aaaahhhh!
    move both

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default Tuned?

Is your bow tuned to center shot? If so, I wouldn't want you to take it out of tune by messing with rests and nocksets.

IF your bottoming out your sights etc, sounds more like an anchor issue, tuning issue.

I would suggest getting an understanding of how to tune a bow. I began this myself by searching compound bow tuning, printing and reading the helpful info I found. Within a few days of starting to tuning my own bow, begining with the tiller and sequentially moving through all the steps I read about, I was paper tuning and wasn't worried about experimenting and messing up my tune because I could figure it out myself. It took some hours and days of frusteration and persistance, but just a year later I only lack a bow press to be able to completely service and tune my own bow.

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by J.Blay View Post
    I would suggest getting an understanding of how to tune a bow. I began this myself by searching compound bow tuning, printing and reading the helpful info I found. Within a few days of starting to tuning my own bow, begining with the tiller and sequentially moving through all the steps I read about, I was paper tuning and wasn't worried about experimenting and messing up my tune because I could figure it out myself. It took some hours and days of frusteration and persistance, but just a year later I only lack a bow press to be able to completely service and tune my own bow.
    Thats what I did, and if I can do it, nough said

Call HHA, They have been great with solving my sight problem.
    U.S.A.F. RET.

Site Guru

Move your peep?
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Move your peep?
    This is the best answer I have seen so far. Assuming the arrow is at true center shot... I would like to see a pic of the bow from the side with an arrow nocked on the string...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    This is the best answer I have seen so far. Assuming the arrow is at true center shot... I would like to see a pic of the bow from the side with an arrow nocked on the string...
    I didn't get the Site Guru tag for nothin
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Move your peep?
    Yep. Sounds like his anchor is too high....