You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Peep Sight question...

Okay fellas I have a question concerning peep sights. Back when I first got into archery hunting I was using a peep sight that had a bungie type cord attached to it that also attached to another string on my bow. It basically made it to where every time I pull the bow back the peep would go to the exact same point.

When I bought my new bow (hoyt) about 4 years ago the fella set me up for it and I didnt need this string thing and my peep would come back to the same spot just fine.

Before this season I had a new string put on my bow and now I keep having issues with my peep. It was fine while breaking it in then as I broke it in it started to turn...

To keep from this post getting longer I will just ask the question. Does having this bungie type cord on your peep to keep it coming back exactly right each time, affect your shot at all? This year I am trying to do more than hunting and shoot little IBO tournies/leagues and that fun stuff.

It doesn't affect your shot. The only downside to them is the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    It doesn't affect your shot. The only downside to them is the noise.
    and breaking and hitting you in the eye or face.........

not to mention breaking at the worst possible moments.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Okay great... I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't affect the shot at all. Breaking I am not too worried about because that can usually be prevented by checking over your equipment and replacing as necessary. If I remeber correctly they dont really make much noise compared to a drop away rest, limbs, and all that fun stuff. Plus whats the noise going to be to a deer that already has an arrow passing through it And who cares about the people at the shoots... they can deal with any extra noise

Check your Axle to axle lenght and brace height also check your poundage. It is possible that your string ends could have slid under the end servings, that would cause your string to stretch and it will drive you crazy trying to catch your peep.
    If that isn't the problem it is possible that your string is finishing settling.
    I know that if it continues to give you problems even with the rubber tube, you might start getting bad arrow flight because of an out of tune bow.
    I would suggest if it continues to look at a custom string builder, they will build what you want and put a warranty on it.
    Let us know how everything turns out.
    America's Best Bowstrings
    PSE Mojo 3-D...Bodoodle Rests
    Victory Archery...TruBall Releases
    InSight Archery
    www.americasbestbowstrings.com

Hey DC! Thanks for the reply. The issue isn't really that bad. It was fine right after I got the new string put on but after shooting it for a while it started turning. I am guessing it was due to the string being broke in?

Unfortunately I dont know how to fix these little issues so I have to go to the bow shop :P