You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default your thoughts on

vertical pins, multiple pins. Good for hunting and 3-d?
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

ny911bowhunter

Slippy - after shooting vertical pins for many years now, I dont think I could go back....give them a try.

I have had trouble with vertical pins blending and fading in low light situations. maybe it is just my eyes, but I had trouble in the stand one night with them and I won't have that problem again. I am not bad mouthing them I loved them when I first got them because of the field of view. I Think I would like to try the angled ones by vital gear. I just can't bring myself to buy one since I have 4 pin sights laying around.
    Attached Images Attached Images

for hunting I like a single pin fixed sight. plenty accurate and less to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by HCAman View Post
    I have had trouble with vertical pins blending and fading in low light situations. maybe it is just my eyes, but I had trouble in the stand one night with them and I won't have that problem again. I am not bad mouthing them I loved them when I first got them because of the field of view. I Think I would like to try the angled ones by vital gear. I just can't bring myself to buy one since I have 4 pin sights laying around.
    I have one of those VBG sights. It's a three pin model called the triangle. It's super bright and a nice sight. It's also for sale..........

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    for hunting I like a single pin fixed sight. plenty accurate and less to worry about.
    I feel the same way and use a Vital Gear Pro Fix. It's cheap and super bright.

I love vert pins...I have been hunting with the same Micro Matrix for 5 years

Ive shot a single vertical fixed pin for the last 5 years. Im thinking of going to a adjustable HHA this spring? I can darn near buy a bow for the price of one though.

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    Ive shot a single vertical fixed pin for the last 5 years. Im thinking of going to a adjustable HHA this spring? I can darn near buy a bow for the price of one though.
    acctually you can pick them up used on here or AT pretty cheap......I have one i will be listing in a couple of days.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I'm fortunate to have a VBG 3 pin Trapper, had it re-spooled with 019 fiber, all green. For a basic pin sight it's great. I also had an HHA 5519, a slide adjust single pin, another great sight. LOL, sometimes you don't know how much you like something untill you've sold it. For anyone who has trouble with multiple colors on the vertical pins I'd suggest getting them all green, or whatever color you see best. I lose the red first, so going all green made a difference to me.

I've been shooting vertical Trophy Ridge Matrix GS sites ever since they were introduced for hunting. 3D IMO they tend to block some of your aiming point, especially past 20-30 yards. I just wish that the TR sights were higher quality. Don't get me wrong, they work as they should and have never had anything break on any of mine ( I absolutely love the fact that you need no tools to adjust pins btw) but they don't come close to Spot-hogg as far as craftsmanship is concerned. $ for $ though they are a great deal.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRed; 01-24-2008 at 02:12 AM.
    Be good or be good at it.

ny911bowhunter

I agree, sometimes the vertical multiple pins can "disapear" in low light conditions....

That has been addressed for 2008! The Matrix series sights are now equippped with vertical "TIC" pins! basically - the head of each pin at the fiber point (aiming point) has a small diamond shape on them...this allows you to differentiate the different yardage pins in conditions that would otherwise not be able to see... The flare does not impede your sight picture either - it is a very well thought out, solid design. I am not 100 percent sure, but I would imagine upgrade pin sets will be available through your local TR Dealer soon - just be sure to specify TIC pins!

As far as the durablity issue...I couldnt disagree more. I won't dispute anyone's claims to failure - but I will add that over the past few years I have shot ALOT of Trophy Ridge gear - pretty much every sight, rest, stabilizer, and quiver they have made - and only once did I have a problem - the original Matrix Guide Series which they acknowledged had a design flaw and was immediatly fixed free and redesigned. Alot of people complain about the "plastic" sight housing....I have NEVER, EVER seen the composite housing fail - EVER. My 2008 Matrix GS is one of the nicest, crispest, strongest sights I have used - bar none.

And now for the disclaimer...You may think I said all of that because I am on there Pro Staff....WRONG! I would have said that even if I wasnt - as I did for years before I was blessed and got selected to represent the company. I have shot TR for alot of years...and even last year after they got bought out and we had no communication with Escalade for a year - I stuck with them, PROmoting them...

Bottom line - check out the NEW 2008 Guide Series Matrix - there have been alot of nice upgrades that once again put this sight back on top of the vertical pin sights.

Quote Originally Posted by ny911bowhunter View Post
    I agree, sometimes the vertical multiple pins can "disapear" in low light conditions....

That has been addressed for 2008! The Matrix series sights are now equippped with vertical "TIC" pins! basically - the head of each pin at the fiber point (aiming point) has a small diamond shape on them...this allows you to differentiate the different yardage pins in conditions that would otherwise not be able to see... The flare does not impede your sight picture either - it is a very well thought out, solid design. I am not 100 percent sure, but I would imagine upgrade pin sets will be available through your local TR Dealer soon - just be sure to specify TIC pins!

As far as the durablity issue...I couldnt disagree more. I won't dispute anyone's claims to failure - but I will add that over the past few years I have shot ALOT of Trophy Ridge gear - pretty much every sight, rest, stabilizer, and quiver they have made - and only once did I have a problem - the original Matrix Guide Series which they acknowledged had a design flaw and was immediatly fixed free and redesigned. Alot of people complain about the "plastic" sight housing....I have NEVER, EVER seen the composite housing fail - EVER. My 2008 Matrix GS is one of the nicest, crispest, strongest sights I have used - bar none.

And now for the disclaimer...You may think I said all of that because I am on there Pro Staff....WRONG! I would have said that even if I wasnt - as I did for years before I was blessed and got selected to represent the company. I have shot TR for alot of years...and even last year after they got bought out and we had no communication with Escalade for a year - I stuck with them, PROmoting them...

Bottom line - check out the NEW 2008 Guide Series Matrix - there have been alot of nice upgrades that once again put this sight back on top of the vertical pin sights.
    I am not on their staff and I choose the Micro matrix..

Now if they would ditch that ugly camo and plastic,,it would just about be perfect.

I really don't care for the vertical pin sights. Just not my cup of tea.

I prefer Spot Hogg sights. Highly adjustable and bulletproof for either hunting or 3D.

ny911bowhunter

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    I am not on their staff and I choose the Micro matrix..

Now if they would ditch that ugly camo and plastic,,it would just about be perfect.

The 2008 have a more subtle camo that looks amazing on the Bowtechs with Obsession camo!

And again, it's NOT plastic - it's COMPOSITE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    Yep...lotta folks like the HHA. I have yet to see one in person so...

I dont go to the 3D shoots anymore...the lines got insane around here. So I only practice out to 30-40yds for hunting. ...and

For hunting, I love my single pin GWS. A friend of mine got one and I stole it. oops...i mean copied him Its perfect for my needs and bright...but im sure if I saw some other sights, I could be swayed again. Single pinners rave about the HHA..and im a single pinner.