You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Dry fire Question

I have a Mcpherson edge that the other day was dry fired. It is equipped with Vibralock limb dampeners which i have been told are effective in reducing excessive vibration (such as a dry fire) just as well as the Sims Limb Savers. The only damage seems to be a lost peep, and it seems to shoot as well as prior to the dry fire. My question is are these limb dampeners effective in protecting the limbs and bow during the dry fire and is there anything else i should be looking out for?

Quote Originally Posted by Borat13
    I have a Mcpherson edge that the other day was dry fired. It is equipped with Vibralock limb dampeners which i have been told are effective in reducing excessive vibration (such as a dry fire) just as well as the Sims Limb Savers. The only damage seems to be a lost peep, and it seems to shoot as well as prior to the dry fire. My question is are these limb dampeners effective in protecting the limbs and bow during the dry fire and is there anything else i should be looking out for?
    They are effective at reducing damage but not necessarily effective at eliminating it. The biggest issue is cracked limbs - check check for cracks near the limb ends (where they split at the cams). You may want to have a proshop check it over as well. Sometimes, as little as one dryfire can cause major damage but it sounds like any damage you have experienced is very minor.
    Steve C
    Portage, MI

Carter Releases .... Shoot The Best!

Vortex Optics

Hoyt Pro-Elite
    Hoyt Ultratec

Sureloc Supreme Sight
    Sureloc Scope w/0.5 and 0.6 diopters
    Doinker 32" Elite Series Stabilizer
    Carbon Express X-Jammers - Spot
    Easton Fatboy 400 - 3D

Glory Be To The Lord

It's always good to have your local pro-shop do a complete check anytime it has been dry-fired.

Dont know to much about that bow but how about where the limb bolts go thru and into the riser, saw a few pse's crack there after dry firing. Aslo is there any draw stop pegs on the cam, saw a fred bear epic ruin a cam on a dry fire. Also check your specs, ata, brace etc.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Dry Fire

Everything is probably ok Borat13 most bows are made well enough that dryfiring will not damage anything. But if it were mine I would definately take it to the shop and have it inspected. If nothing else so you can have peace of mind. It would make me nervous pulling a bow back after a dryfire. Anyway sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope everything comes out ok.

Frank

"HONDA"