You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default narrowed down to 2 bows

i have been wondering what bow would fit me best. i'm new to archery & bowhunting. the other day i went and shot the mathew's dxt, s2, & switchback xt; & the bowtech tomkat. the first 2 bows the s2, & switchback xt were nice bows. i liked the switchback xt the best out of the 2. then i shot the tomkat & dxt and fell in love with the dxt. so i'm down to the switchback xt & the dxt. both felt great nice draw cycle, felt very little vibration on release. on release before you even knew it the arrow was already in the target. i'm leaning more towards the dxt for the simple reason of a thinner grip. other than that i cant decide. any advice on the switchback xt or dxt will be greatly appreciated.

They are both great bows. The draw on the XT is slightly smoother than on the DXT and doesn't have the slight bottom kick that the DXT has bare bow.

Other than that, the DXT is quieter, much faster, very solid wall, and lighter. The slight kick is somewhat expected from such a short ata bow but, just by adding a small stabilizer takes it away all together.

If I didn't own either and had to choose between the 2, I would buy the DXT.

But that's your decision to make, you won't be disappointed either way.
    Be good or be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    They are both great bows. The draw on the XT is slightly smoother than on the DXT and doesn't have the slight bottom kick that the DXT has bare bow.

Other than that, the DXT is quieter, much faster, very solid wall, and lighter. The slight kick is somewhat expected from such a short ata bow but, just by adding a small stabilizer takes it away all together.

If I didn't own either and had to choose between the 2, I would buy the DXT.

But that's your decision to make, you won't be disappointed either way.
    like i said they both feel great & what i liked most about the dxt is that the grip isn't as big as on the switchback xt. but i believe that they are both great bows after shooting each. but i have very little knowledge other than what i have learned from reading reviews on the net. also being a 27 1/2" dl probably gonna start out around 50lbs dw either bow is sufficent for me. i just prefered the thinner grip on the dxt.

both are great bows so I would go with whichever one you like best. The dxt was a little short for my taste but it is really light too which was nice.

The dxt is a little faster too because it has a 7" brace height compared to the xt's 7 1/2"

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

you can always add an after market grip..........

of those 2 I like the XT better, i am leaning away from the super short bows these days........
    I cut things up and split them down!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I have a dx and use it for hunting I have found it to be areal darling to hunt with
    I like it's short and easy to handle in a stand capibilitys and for a short bow it really smooth to shoot.
    I am a Martin man and have been for 24 yrs
    I like a longer ata tourney bow and I feel that Martin and know that they are smooth nail drivers
    of course tha nail driving depends upon my shooting form.
    Preiod.
    The ol sayin' that practice ,makes perfect is so true in this wonderful sport
    So..................................

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Not to change your mind but have you tried the elite archery bows. I shot one last fall and really fell in love with it. Thin grip, really fast, and dead in your hand. I dont know if anyone is selling them now with there legal things going on but they are very nice and i think they are cheaper then the mathews.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    I have a dx and use it for hunting I have found it to be areal darling to hunt with
    I like it's short and easy to handle in a stand capibilitys and for a short bow it really smooth to shoot.
    I am a Martin man and have been for 24 yrs
    I like a longer ata tourney bow and I feel that Martin and know that they are smooth nail drivers
    of course tha nail driving depends upon my shooting form.
    Preiod.
    The ol sayin' that practice ,makes perfect is so true in this wonderful sport
    So..................................

SMOKES you dont have A DX.......you have an XT

Quote Originally Posted by mac87toy View Post
    Not to change your mind but have you tried the elite archery bows. I shot one last fall and really fell in love with it. Thin grip, really fast, and dead in your hand. I dont know if anyone is selling them now with there legal things going on but they are very nice and i think they are cheaper then the mathews.
    yeah but where will he find a dealer, even before the LEGAL issues, there were NO dealers around here.......

The Switchback is probally the best thing that Mathews has done since it's founding!
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    The Switchback is probally the best thing that Mathews has done since it's founding!
    I just sold mine, hope I dont regret it

I will let you know after I get my DLD, if I am made a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I just sold mine, hope I dont regret it

I will let you know after I get my DLD, if I am made a mistake
    You sold it already! You just listed that like 2 days ago didn't you?
    Be good or be good at it.

I've always prefered a thin grip and a short ATA myself....the grip on the switchback has long been my main gripe about them. It just ain't comfortable to me.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Wow I didn't realize how many Ma... Mat.... ,Hell I can't say it, fans there are here.

J/K Guys

I think the XT is a great shooter. But I prefer my hybrids...
    I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing.

Proud FBSA Member!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    You sold it already! You just listed that like 2 days ago didn't you?
    DUDE, when you take care of them and put resonable prices and stick to your guns, you can sell them left and right!!!!

I once sold a XT in less than an hour........

Staff Shooter Uncle Bob's yetibowtech's Avatar

Default Mattews good bow but!!!!!!!!

Mattews is a good bow but when customers have had problems they have been a pain to deal with. Mattews bow hasn't really changed much over the years they just take the old bow tweak it a bit and put it back on the market. I own 2 and they are alright and i was happy with them but i feel the Bowtech Gaurdian and General are a better bow for the money, some people don't like the way they draw but they have 2 types of mod and are very easy to change the draw length on. I know alot of guys shooting short draw because they were new and the streched out after they shot for awhile and they cant adjust there length.

just some thing to think about. Last year I shot 100 arrows from about 25 bows don't tell the boss, shhhh!
    Very unimpressed with the Hoyt Vectrix
    PSE is nice bow I just think it is really ugly
    Lose'em, shoot'em, fling'em, or fly'em aslong as they hit the mark. SHOOT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    O6 tomkat
    07 Gaurdian
    08 Commander
    78 Groves Spitfire Prestige magnum 77#@31" With 3"overdraw
    Yeti

well i bought the dxt. just liked it a lot more. when i get pics of it ill post em for ya to see.

I shot them all last week. I really liked the Dxt but it was too short for my liking. The drenalin was great I thought and I probly would have got one but I got a great trade on my guardian for an xt so I took it. I am sure I will love it.

I have had the mq1, lx, outback, switchback and legacy and now an xt

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Quote Originally Posted by southern_rebel View Post
    well i bought the dxt. just liked it a lot more. when i get pics of it ill post em for ya to see.
    I have'nt shot the DXT yet. But for me the SB XT is an amazing bow. Good luck with your DXT and remember we have a law around here MANLAW, we love pics. So post em up and give us all the juicy details on accessorizing.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by yetibowtech View Post
    Mattews is a good bow but when customers have had problems they have been a pain to deal with. Mattews bow hasn't really changed much over the years they just take the old bow tweak it a bit and put it back on the market. I own 2 and they are alright and i was happy with them but i feel the Bowtech Gaurdian and General are a better bow for the money, some people don't like the way they draw but they have 2 types of mod and are very easy to change the draw length on. I know alot of guys shooting short draw because they were new and the streched out after they shot for awhile and they cant adjust there length.

just some thing to think about. Last year I shot 100 arrows from about 25 bows don't tell the boss, shhhh!
    Very unimpressed with the Hoyt Vectrix
    PSE is nice bow I just think it is really ugly

first of all its MATHEWS.......

second, dealing with company, was a pain???

please explain.........