You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Looking for new bow!

I am in the Process of looking at new bows. What do you guys think is the best bow for the money! I am looking at spending up to $500 and am just looking for suggestions

Thanks

Deerkiller

Thumbs up new bow

Hey deerkiller

Look at what your local pro shop deals in. The Best bow is going to be the one that you can get good service for. The dealer is going to sell the bow that sells the best in your area. Where is your location? I myself am a PSE shooter decause they have something that will work for me with lots of styles. I shoot the AR and love it. PSE has a bow in your price.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rim Shot
    Hey deerkiller

Look at what your local pro shop deals in. The Best bow is going to be the one that you can get good service for. The dealer is going to sell the bow that sells the best in your area. Where is your location? I myself am a PSE shooter decause they have something that will work for me with lots of styles. I shoot the AR and love it. PSE has a bow in your price.
    I agree, check out and see what your local shops have. Try looking for last years models that are new, sometimes a guy can get a pretty good deal one them. I looked at a brand new Hoyt, the bare bow was $329, great deal it shot awesome. But you will of course have to consider all of your accessories. Just a thought, check out the new Bowtech Tomkat if you have a dealer in the area. It's a fully equipped bow that goes for $529. It shoots pretty well also. What ever you decide my best advice would be to make sure you find a great shop to assist you, it saves a lot of headache and things get done right.

Default Budget blues

I just did it for the first time, have been shooting hand-me-downs for the last 16 years. Picked up a hoyt vipertech for 525$ new, best thing I have ever purchaced, but realized just as anything that that is only half the cost, sight, arrows, rest, quiver, release, sling, etc... add up all too fast. Thank goodness for tax returns.

Dont overlook the new Ross bows, about $150 cheaper than a big name bows.
    Quit Moving That Target

I seem to hear a lot of good talk about that Bowtech Tomkat at the local ranges. Sounds as though it is a goos shooter.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default new bow!

I guess i should have told you where i live, I am in Sparta, WI. Yup, the home of MAthews. I just don't know if i want to spend the money on the name! There are good dealers in Hoyt and bowtech in the area as well. My buddy just bought a new hoyt Jaguar and i shoots really smooth but feels like a toy compared to my Clearwater bow. Do any of you have a hoyt and how does it do on deer? I will be using this bow as a hunting bow. I am a little nervous becuase the last 8 deer i have shot have been total pass through shots with my old bow! Any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by deerkiller
    I guess i should have told you where i live, I am in Sparta, WI. Yup, the home of MAthews. I just don't know if i want to spend the money on the name! There are good dealers in Hoyt and bowtech in the area as well. My buddy just bought a new hoyt Jaguar and i shoots really smooth but feels like a toy compared to my Clearwater bow. Do any of you have a hoyt and how does it do on deer? I will be using this bow as a hunting bow. I am a little nervous becuase the last 8 deer i have shot have been total pass through shots with my old bow! Any thoughts

Any thoughts?? yes I do, I shoot a mathews lx for the whitetails with a 480gr. carbon express at 70lbs, there aint a whitetail alive that will stop that arrow just ask the 202lb 10pt I wacked last year. Oh thats right he dont talk well with a mouth full of foam.
    Quit Moving That Target

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter60
    Any thoughts?? yes I do, I shoot a mathews lx for the whitetails with a 480gr. carbon express at 70lbs, there aint a whitetail alive that will stop that arrow just ask the 202lb 10pt I wacked last year. Oh thats right he dont talk well with a mouth full of foam.
    hahaha, how much did the mathews cost you? very interested!

Sorry it was a martin Sabre that my buddy bought. We looked at so many bows all the names are mixing together!!!!!