You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Weight forward arrows?

I am refering to the ones by CX. Has anyone used them? what exactly is the advantage?
    2007 Diamond Black Ice
    HHA Optimizer DS-XL5519 sight
    QAD drop away rest, Mongoose deluxe release , STS. FBSA http://www.thefbsa.com/

BETTER ACCURACY

A Better Front of Center: Built-in Weight Forward™. For years, hunters and manufacturers alike have believed that shifting weight to the front of an arrow alone (front of center) was the way to increase down-range accuracy. At Carbon Express®, we’ve literally turned this idea upside down with our innovative Built-in Weight Forward technology.

Backward Thinking: BuffTuff® Plus. The key to superior down-range accuracy is reducing oscillation out of the bow
    (i.e. faster recovery). Because a great deal of oscillation occurs upon release, we developed BuffTuff Plus, an exclusive, highly advanced carbon fiber that makes the arrow stiffer and lighter in the back to dramatically improve recovery.

Forward Thinking: BuffTuff®. Shifting weight forward and strengthening the front of the arrow is critical to 1) reducing torque; 2) creating a flatter trajectory; and 3) increasing velocity. It’s why we’ve engineered each Built-in Weight Forward arrow with our patented camo BuffTuff weave. This integrated fiber layer adds weight and strength to the front of the arrow.

The Built-in Advantage. The unique combination of BuffTuff Plus at the back of the shaft and BuffTuff at the front gives hunters accuracy that’s superior to any front of center technology on the market. Plus, delivers unsurpassed strength that ensures Built-in Weight Forward arrows wil last—even after thousands of shots.

......or so I have been told
    I cut things up and split them down!

Banned

Thanks for clearing that up Bunnyman, I think

First off, I'm a Gold Tip shooter. Can't imagine changing that, but I did have some Maxima shafts with the "weight forward". Shot side by side with my Gold Tip Ultralights & XT's they were no better at grouping, flight, or trajectory. In my opinion it's really nothing more than another marketing ploy to make archers buy new equipment.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

The theory is that the weight front of center (FOC) will pull the arrow, which is the proper way for an arrow to fly. It must properly balance the arrow. If the weight were behind the center point of the arrow, the arrow would flip over in flight and strike nock first. You can test this by adding weight to the nock end of an old arrow and shooting it at a target (make sure you do this in an open area with nothing that can get damaged around). The arrow will flip over and be pulled by the heavier end. The more weight and further back it is, the faster the flip will be, up to a certain point.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Here's the thing. The more weight forward, the more leverage the fletching has to stabilise the arrow (a good thing). The only thing excessive weight forward hurts is in trajectory, as in a bigger arc. Most go for a certain range that is a good balance of leverage and drag. If you hunted or shoot spots at close range, heavy FOC won't hurt a bit as long as you stay withing spine. Long range accuracy is great but you have to have elevation enough on the sight bar to deal with it. For 3d, extreme FOC could kill you at unknown distances beyond 30-40 yards.