You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Cool Some People!!!!!!!!

Anybody out there ever have there tree stand stolen?? Today I went to get mine out of the tree on the private hunting gound that I hunt on (but it seems to be public to some inconsiderate you know whats) and someone was nice enough to take it down for me!! I couldn't believe it!!! It's things like this that is going to ruin the future of hunting. I have a few suspects that the local sherrifs dept. will be questioning tomorrow but I don't have much hope in getting it back. I hate how some people are constantly sucking the life out of hunting when they say that they enjoy hunting but do stupid things like stealing a tree stand. I would like to think that it's not a archer.
    Now my tree stands will have chains and paddloks on them no matter where I hunt. Some People SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why they make climbers. I hope that you get your stand back.
    08 Constitution 50# 29"
    08 Allegiance 70#
    07 Guardian 77#
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
    FBSA Member

There's not one tree in the whole part of eastern South Dakota that I could put a climber on!!! Sounds Weird? Not kidding!!!

Yeah, that does stink, I have had them stolen over-night. Left the stand when it was well past dark came back in the morning and it was gone. Kind of creepy if you ask me. Bad karma to those who steal stands -hope their hunting is awful.

Default Stolen Tree Stand

Nothing more frustrating than to be excited about hunting a certain spot and find that someone has stolen your stand.

I work in the power line tree clearance industry and have found stands in certain trees that needed to either be trimmed or removed. I've even gone as far as trimming around them so they can leave them & still have adequate area to hide in. I've always left the stands unless they were on utility property & had no business being there because they were trespassing in the first place. (those people deserve to have them stolen, darn trespassers, no matter whos land) I hunt on private land and lock my stand in place mostly because some people like to take things that don't belong to them if its not locked down, also anti-hunters & how they like to ruin things for us.

Quote Originally Posted by olman
    I work in the power line tree clearance industry and have found stands in certain trees that needed to either be trimmed or removed. I've even gone as far as trimming around them so they can leave them & still have adequate area to hide in. I've always left the stands unless they were on utility property & had no business being there because they were trespassing in the first place. (those people deserve to have them stolen, darn trespassers, no matter whos land) I hunt on private land and lock my stand in place mostly because some people like to take things that don't belong to them if its not locked down, also anti-hunters & how they like to ruin things for us.

That is pretty cool that you leave cover for the stand. Most people would trim it all just to be a butt.

Bowtech.....Sorry to hear about the stolen stand. I don't think people have the same values these days as they once did.

Default stolen stands

Man I am sorry to hear about that, my buddy and his dad both had there stands stolen by the same guy. I was from the guy that owned the land next to there hunting property, why he took them we really don't know. His dad called the guy up and he actually admitted to it and they got there stands back. What a piece of garbage if it would have been one of my stands he could have bet his bottom dollar he would have needed some back up when he brought them back!!!!

Bowman I have been pondering this for a few days and I think What happened was someone was useing your stand while you were not and you were in a crappy spot so they took the liberty of moveing it for you to a honey hole but they forgot to tell you where they put it......honest mistake

Quote Originally Posted by XT4ME
    Bowman I have been pondering this for a few days and I think What happened was someone was useing your stand while you were not and you were in a crappy spot so they took the liberty of moveing it for you to a honey hole but they forgot to tell you where they put it......honest mistake
    hahaha!!!!!!!!! That is a good theory! What was I thinking.

Junior Member yeah..I shoot like a girl's Avatar

Hey Sorry to hear that some jerk stole your treestand.. I remember a couple of years ago a neighbor of mine had one stolen...He put an ad in the local paper saying that he had pics (from his game cam) of the guy that did it.. and he would give them a week to return it to the area that it was stolen from..if the person that took it returned there would be no questions asked and no police involvment..

Just a suggestion! It worked for him so maybe it could work for you too!