You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Default Question About the Truth

Ok I have a question for you all. I finally talked my friend into buying a bow so that he could shoot with me. He ended up getting the Truth by Fred Bear. He has never really shot a bow before so he really didn't know what to expect. Anyway so he got the bow, got it all set up and everything and started shooting it. Well after about a hundred arrows he started noticing a spot on the string just above the lower cam where it looks like the serving on string is maybe getting a little chewed up or something. I have two bows and I have never had this happen before. Is this normal for this bow, or is this something to be concerned with? If it's not normal then what should we do to fix the problem?
    Also it seems that the peep and the string loop keep turning drasticly and completely backwards and it gets worse with every shot.
    So anyway if you all have suggestions or thoughts I sure would appreciate some insight.

Thanks

Rdnkgrl_robinhood
    Last edited by rdnkgrl_robinhood; 02-08-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Default here are some of the pictures

Here are some pics I know the quality of the pics is not great but maybe you can see what I was talking about

Suggestions would be nice

Thanks fellas

Valerie
    Last edited by rdnkgrl_robinhood; 06-29-2009 at 07:32 PM.

the hump/roll over of the letoff point in the cam is very HARSH andis causing the serving to seperate........had the same thing happen on my Switchback
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    the hump/roll over of the letoff point in the cam is very HARSH andis causing the serving to seperate........had the same thing happen on my Switchback
    were you able to fix it? Did it continue to shoot ok? Because other than noticing the seperation the bow seems to be a good bow? How big of an issue is this? Do you still have your bow? If so, hows it workin for ya?

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Default here ya go...

i had same problems on different bows,all i did was over serve that area problem fixed,get some better strings and cables(winners choice)if your going to use a peep that doesnt require a rubber tube.
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    were you able to fix it? Did it continue to shoot ok? Because other than noticing the seperation the bow seems to be a good bow? How big of an issue is this? Do you still have your bow? If so, hows it workin for ya?

rdnkgrl_robinhood
    Acctually I Just sold it........It will be fine......its probably always going to do it
    I cut things up and split them down!

Take it to a good pro shop and have them reserve it tighter and your problem will be solved. My XT done it after about 200 shots Cody reserved and it now has several thousand shots with no problem.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Take it to a good pro shop and have them reserve it tighter and your problem will be solved. My XT done it after about 200 shots Cody reserved and it now has several thousand shots with no problem.
    if I take into a shop should I ask for a smaller serving or a tighter serving?

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    if I take into a shop should I ask for a smaller serving or a tighter serving?
    I believe tighter is better. Keeps it from separating and rollover point.

"HONDA"

I wouldn't be real concerned about the serving seperation unless it appears that the cam is starting to wear the serving it's self. If it is starting to look kinda mangled you may have a bur on the Cam itself that needs to be addressed. The best advice I can give if you think it might cause trouble take it to a Pro Shop and have them look at it...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Had the same problem with mine....after a couple hundred shots i reserved it"tighter" and haven't had any more problems.Just make sure you give it ample time before reserving....also,if you take it back to your shop,have them to check for cam lean....all bows have some"mine was Baaad",but if theres alot...it will need to be fixed.It'll make a big difference on how your bow performs.GL
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    Had the same problem with mine....after a couple hundred shots i reserved it"tighter" and haven't had any more problems.Just make sure you give it ample time before reserving....also,if you take it back to your shop,have them to check for cam lean....all bows have some"mine was Baaad",but if theres alot...it will need to be fixed.It'll make a big difference on how your bow performs.GL
    Thanks were are going to have that checked out next time we go back to the shop

Default Yep

Yeah it's a problem with the stock strings on those bows...I hunted with one last year "good shooting bow" and mine did the same thing....I took my cable off and reserved it as tight as I could get it and it was fine after that...I ended up putting aftermarket strings on mine with Halo serving and never had any problems after that.
    As far as the peep not rotating right, well the factory string has stretched, take it to a shop and have them put some twists in it and shoot the thing...It'll settle down, you might have to do this a couple times but it will settle down and rotate right after awhile.

Once again guys.. thanks for all the suggestions. I sent my friend an email and gave him your suggestions. He is supposed to have someone take a look at it next week.

rdnkgrl_robinhood