You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Archery talk

Default Archery talk

I have been using archerytalk to sell some things,and I personally am tired of getting pounded and better yet beaten down by individuals who want you to give them the world for free.
    I have nothing to clearly more add that,if you find someting for sale it's nice to barter to get a better price but,there is a difference in selling something for cheap and being cheap.
    All my equipment in archery is somewhat in mint vendor condition.
    I sell things just as much to help out the next archer who needs things.
    I also take for granted that it's like a car,soon as it's off the lot,it goes down in value.
    What I don't want to see is some kind of black market here on 3d shoots,if you got someone asking for something,by all means sell it reasonably fair.
    Does anyone understand where I am coming from or is it just me.
    3d shoots also is a proud sponser of Archerytalk,and needless to say,I have nothing bad to say about Archerytalk....
    at all.....
    It is the archers on the website that do not seem to understand that some of us like myself get shafted because george of the jungle sold his stolen bow for dirt.
    Last edited by glenny; 08-28-2004 at 10:48 AM.

I've shopped and bought through the classifieds of AT practically since I stumbled across it.

I never dicker over prices with anyone. I may wait and see if a price drops but I NEVER ask anyone to lower their price.

Default I guess your one of the nice guys,aye?

I do alot of selling on there and little buying..
    but,maybe that's why I get the rub all the time.
    I do think it has made my archery selections 99.9% better.
    I also can say,there are so many archers on that website,it is quite insane that we all share such a passion and a place to communicate so well.

Quote Originally Posted by glenny
    ...,it is quite insane that we all share such a passion and a place to communicate so well.
    Actually what I find insane is that with the plethora of sports channels, the number of hours there are to fill in during a broadcast day and the median income of the people who engage in archery I don't know why we get short shrift when it comes to coverage of our sport.

We had maybe a total of 2 hours of coverage during the orgy of beach volleyball called NBC's Olympic Coverage. I saw more of Misty's navel (and other parts) when my wife had the games on than I saw of archery.

Do you spend money playing or watching beach volleyball? I don't. I spend my money on archery! And I buy other things, too.

Some have said there would be more coverage if the vendors bought ad time, but that's patently ridiculous. They don't advertise footballs during a football game, they advertise beer and cars, things we in archery buy, too.

Why, when the sports channels I get on my satellite dish will carry so much crap I don't watch isn't there some descent coverage of archery?

I may spend a grand average of $1200 a year on archery, not counting range fees, but I spend $400.00 a month in car payments. Why should the guys I buy my car from buy ad time for sports I don't care about? They can afford a lot more air time than Hoyte, PSE and the rest of the bow makers combined. Hell, it's even a Korean car, so you know the parent company has an archery team (from what I hear every major Korean company does)!

Sorry to take off on a rant.

Default Price Haggling

I guess I am not following this Thread very well. I buy things from the Folks on ArcheryTalk from time to time, and I always thought that Haggling, within Reason, was all part of the Buyer/Seller Game.
    If I see something that I would like to Purchase and I think its Worth the Price Asked, I wont argue. Then again, if I see something that I think I might get for a Lower Price I will Make a Reasonable Offer. Not to Insult the Seller, but to Save Myself a Buck or 2 in the Process. If the Seller doesnt go for the Offer, then I usually will Pay the Asking Price.
    Kind of a "If You Dont Ask, You Will Never Know" kinda deal. It sounds like You have been Insulted by a Buyers Offer, and thats a Shame and I am Sorry for it. Then again, thats the Risk you take when Selling Anything, be it Archery Equipment or a House. Free Enterprise gets Ugly sometimes.
    I dont want to Stir the Pot here, but I have done Business with Some Very Nice People on ArcheryTalk, and this Thread struck me as pretty Harsh. We All have had Bad Experiences at one time or another, no matter Where you go.
    I am Sorry that You didnt fare well on ArcheryTalk in Your Dealings, but We arent ALL Cheap and Looking to Screw Everyone Out of an Honest Dollar.
    I agree with the Televised Sport Comment, but what does that have to do with Buying & Selling?

[QUOTE=Shakes_602 I agree with the Televised Sport Comment, but what does that have to do with Buying & Selling?[/QUOTE]

It has little to do with buying and selling on AT, but when I saw 'insane' in an archery venue it made me think of how insane it is that I can watch cricket matches such as India vs. Pakistan on Pay-per-view but can't see coverage of any major archery event.

Point Well Made. I think its a Crock too.

Here's a thought, how about saying in you add that "this is my final price", or "price non-negotiable"?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by glenny
    I have been using archerytalk to sell some things,and I personally am tired of getting pounded and better yet beaten down by individuals who want you to give them the world for free.
    I have nothing to clearly more add that,if you find someting for sale it's nice to barter to get a better price but,there is a difference in selling something for cheap and being cheap.
    All my equipment in archery is somewhat in mint vendor condition.
    I sell things just as much to help out the next archer who needs things.
    I also take for granted that it's like a car,soon as it's off the lot,it goes down in value.
    What I don't want to see is some kind of black market here on 3d shoots,if you got someone asking for something,by all means sell it reasonably fair.
    Does anyone understand where I am coming from or is it just me.
    3d shoots also is a proud sponser of Archerytalk,and needless to say,I have nothing bad to say about Archerytalk....
    at all.....
    It is the archers on the website that do not seem to understand that some of us like myself get shafted because george of the jungle sold his stolen bow for dirt.

Thumbs up RE:archery talk

I agree with you, but our great sport is just not known to that many people.

I spend a lot of time over there.
    I've bought and sold things there too.

I might make an offer lower than the listed price based on this assumption. (Yea I know what that means) I sometimes list prices thinking someone may try to low ball me. I imagine that lots of sellers list their prices over their actual bottom dollar for this same reason.

If your firm on your price, state it in your ad.
    Or tell buyers no on offers too low for your liking.