You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Slow motion video of the STS in action

Check out this slow motion video of the STS.
    Done by the mathews guys

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtop...=405581#405581
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default slo-mo video

As always the slow motion video is very interesting. It shows how much stress is on all the parts on a bow..... risers, sights, rests, strings and cables. After looking at the video and looking at the comments made by the Mathews Tech. who made the video, it looks to me the the STS system really doesn't do much good. Now this is purely speculation on my part due to the fact that I have not shot one on any of my equipement. So, if according to the Mathews Tech that posted the video that there is only a 1/4" difference of when the arrow comes off of the string what is the gain with the STS? More string wear? You do have to serve the string where contact is made. You also have added more weight to the bow. I'm not trying to start anything just trying to find out if it's worth the investment. Please give me your thoughts.

Anyone....

I have only two personal experiences with the STS. One, a friend has one of the Bowtech Diamond bows. He removed all of the bowtech silencers and put on the STS. It was at least as quiet as before, maybe a little quieter.

Two, I was experimenting with ATA and brace height on my target bow and when I had the ATA abot 1 1/2" longer and the BH about 5/8" less, it started slapping me on the arm. I put on an STS and this stopped. However, it is a little noisier on this bow than without. It's a Martin Scepter that's not designed for quiet so that probably plays a part.

I think that the STS can help some bows, but you have to test each one to see if it will do what you want.

WOW...That is something to see! THX Chris!
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Thumbs up Sts

Man, cool video!!! I will probably be picking one of those up soon, I know alot of people swear by them.

Thumbs up

When I first got my Switchback I thought it could not get any better. Thought it was the greatest shooting bow I had ever had in my hands. Decided after hearing so much talk about the STS that I would try one. Put it on the bow the same time I made my final string and cable twists and adjustements. Later that day took the bow out and shot a few arrows thru it. Did not notice any difference, THAT WAS UNTILL I TOOK THE STS OFF. Unbeilevable the difference it made. Lets just say after 3 shots The STS went back on the bow. And will never leave the riser until the bow leaves my hand, which as of right now is going to be a long time before that happens. The STS is a great product and although I personally think it is a little on the expensive side ($42) Should be more like ($32) it is a worth while investment. Hey Chris, how much you get for them i need one for the Icon that is comming. Maybe just get it from you.
    I cut things up and split them down!

I dont think anyone who's ever shot a bow with an STS has anything bad to say about it. At least i've not seen it. And its like BOWMAN said. You wont notice a difference when you first put it on, but as soon as you take it off you will. Your bow that once felt good now feels nasty and cheap when it shoots. Trust me. This thing is not to expensive. Its the best possible thing you can buy for 40$, and I will never have a bow without one on it, target, hunting, or anything. Look at that video, then look at a high speed without an sts on it, and look at what THAT string does. You'll be convinced.
    2006 Hoyt UltraTec
    Spot Hogg Hogg-It
    Muzzy Zero Effect
    STS Front Mount
    Winners Choice Strings And Cables
    MD Custom Bow Slings
    Fletcher True Peep 1/4
    Muzzy 100 Grain 3 Blade

By the way to Mathewsapex7 My bow shot 257 before the sts w/linejammers.
    After sts, shoots 257, And you asked about wear on the string? I have seen none, still on original Barracuda string and cable.
    I cut things up and split them down!

here is a still picture I found on mathews site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mathews-string-travel.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	261 - t3h 3d shoots  
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies