You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad he is back!!! wp_bowmaster's Avatar

Because you look like a !!!
    Bear Gameover
    2 JD Berry Longbows
    1Blackwidow
    1 Elburg
    1 Bear Takedown 1 Grizzly
    1 Risen Son Longbow
    FBSA Certified Archery Technician

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    why?
    cuase ya looklike a long haired counrty boy
    not taht i care
    and tha judge is gonna doo just that judge you thats his job

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Man I tell ya what I think that going before the judge stuff is for the birds... All we have to do in Indiana is fill out papers and get finger printed at the Sherrifs office they send the paperwork down state and do a background check... six weeks later you get a permit....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

But it is my right to have a carry permit. Not a privilege, they have to have just cause to not give me one. I have had one over 12 years now.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Man I tell ya what I think that going before the judge stuff is for the birds... All we have to do in Indiana is fill out papers and get finger printed at the Sherrifs office they send the paperwork down state and do a background check... six weeks later you get a permit....
    They told me the first time it would take at less 6 to 8 weeks. I got mine in 6 days. lol
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

I think since you have been carrying one for so long it will be easier for you. I HOPE.

"HONDA"

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

But it is my right to have a carry permit. Not a privilege, they have to have just cause to not give me one. I have had one over 12 years now.
    Wrong
    QSA it is a prividledge now
    if it were a right you would'nt need to have this form of gun control called a permit
    tell that one to Patrick Henry
    When not if they come ta take em away who do you think tha 1st place they are gonna be looking at
    yup tha permitted ones

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

When I got my concealed permit over 30 years ago (one time deal here in NY) I did so because my father wanted to hand me down some family heirlooms which happened to be a couple pistols my grandfather acquired in WW2; One of which he took off a dead german. He said he doesn't know if he killed him but he sent a lot of firepower his way before taking his foxhole.
    Aside from the interesting story it seems like a good reason to have a pistol permit.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

QSA maybe you should try throwing yourself at the Mercy of the Court????....Just a thought...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    QSA maybe you should try throwing yourself at the Mercy of the Court????....Just a thought...
    No way I do not want life lol

Site Guru

you shouldn't have to jump through the hoops again... just take your old one in and tell them due to increase in crime in the area you need to renew this... they should let ya go...

if that doesn't work you could offer to make him a quick stand for his doughnuts

- ps: technically it is illegal for them to force you to submit your finger prints in order to obtain a permit to carry, its a violation of some privacy act... I wouldn't tell them that if I were you though

oh and it may actually be easier to get a Florida permit and gives you a MUCH larger legal carry area... you may want to look into it
    No I'm not dead

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Just tell him you rather have the chance to be judged by 12 of your peers instead of carried by 6 of your friends...
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATE View Post
    When I got my concealed permit over 30 years ago (one time deal here in NY) I did so because my father wanted to hand me down some family heirlooms which happened to be a couple pistols my grandfather acquired in WW2; One of which he took off a dead german. He said he doesn't know if he killed him but he sent a lot of firepower his way before taking his foxhole.
    Aside from the interesting story it seems like a good reason to have a pistol permit.
    Yeah but in the Peoples Republic of Zoo York, you have to have a permit to own one.... let alone concealed carry..... Don't ask me how I know...
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

If you don't have any legal reason why they shouldn't let you carry there should't be any problems. In PA (Westmoreland county) your in and out in 20 min. with a photo ID to carry. They are very understanding in my area about your need to cary a gun.

Besides I would never walk out my door without having my gun with me
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

Leave the leather and sunglasses at home. Tell them you own QSA and am a business man and sometimes have to transport large sums of monies to the bank and need it for personal home protection. Also if possible apply for the Fla. or Utah permits. They are accepted in more places. I got the Fla. permit even tho' I live in Mo. Here in Mo. they put large lettering over your picture on your drivers license and if you happen to get pulled over (unarmed) they really hassel you. The Fla. is a seperate card.Armed you have to let them know that you have a weapon in the car. During the Holiday season here in Mo. they have numerous sobriety checkpoints and if you happen to go thru them and they see it written on your license you really get a hassel. Sober or not.
    Here in Mo. we have to go thru a 8 hr. safety course which entails appx. 4 hours of legal issues and 4 hours of safety and proficiency including shooting skills in which you must quailfy.

PS>> Your mug ain't any worse than most on here. See mine under family portraits and pictures on page 2 under off topics.
    Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 02-19-2008 at 08:41 AM.

just tell the judge to watch the news
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!