You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    We got the HP Photosmart C4385 All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer

My husband believes you get what you pay for
    Usually I would agree, but with printers..............I DO NOT.

"HONDA"

I found that I spent a lot of cash on Color photo printers just to let then set. Then when I do want to use then they are screwed up for not using then. Ink drys in the heads and thats it. So I have found that I can use my laser printer for most every thing. Cheaper to use also. It cost me 3 dollars to refill the toner in it. Then it last about 2 years each time.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    We got the HP Photosmart C4385 All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer

My husband believes you get what you pay for
    yeah in the world of printers I disagree. If you are printing professional photos then I would say it matters... if you aren't then just about any printer is perfectly fine for around the home portraits that are worthy of going in an album or on the wall.

If you print a LOT of pictures its normally more cost effective to send them away on kodak.com or at your local kiosk to get the high quality print you want. If you only print the occasional photo then spending extra is a waste.
    No I'm not dead

Ok Mister GURU what do you think of color laser printers?
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Very expensive, generally not needed for home usage. Good for offices where extremely heavy use of printing text and color docs will be required due to their speed.

For a home I can't think of any reason to buy one. There really is never a need for the benefits gained from one. As far as which ones are best... no clue, I never looked into the due to the immense price tag - Tomes Hardware has a good review on a bunch though if you are looking for one .

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/02/...s_2/index.html

For home usage a Deskjet or Inkjet should definitely do the job
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    yeah in the world of printers I disagree. If you are printing professional photos then I would say it matters... if you aren't then just about any printer is perfectly fine for around the home portraits that are worthy of going in an album or on the wall.

If you print a LOT of pictures its normally more cost effective to send them away on kodak.com or at your local kiosk to get the high quality print you want. If you only print the occasional photo then spending extra is a waste.

Totally agree with the first part. My trouble with the second part is that I do a lot of Personal Glamor shots (Great Hobby) and even tho' they are not obscene (Nudity involved but done delicately, No Hustler type shots) there is a lot of privacy concerns. Personal Honor integrity and discretion are big factors involved. I also do restorative work. And also print onto specific types of transfer media enabling them to be put onto glass to allow backlighting. Therefore I need a good, above average printer plus I do larger than your standard 8 x 10's so I need a larger format printer. For me to invest $1000 's of dollars in camera equipment and print them on a $150.00 printer doesn't make sense. I have well over $1000.00 invested just into Photography Editing Programs. My end product is all the customer is concerned with. And you guy's think archery is expensive. !!!
    Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 02-17-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    [COLOR="Red"][/I]

Totally agree with the first part. My trouble with the second part is that I do a lot of Personal Glamor shots (Great Hobby) and even tho' they are not obscene (Nudity involved but done delicately, No Hustler type shots) there is a lot of privacy concerns. Personal Honor integrity and discretion are big factors involved. I also do restorative work. And also print onto specific types of transfer media enabling them to be put onto glass to allow backlighting. Therefore I need a good, above average printer plus I do larger than your standard 8 x 10's so I need a larger format printer. For me to invest $1000 's of dollars in camera equipment and print them on a $150.00 printer doesn't make sense. I have well over $1000.00 invested just into Photography Editing Programs. My end product is all the customer is concerned with. And you guy's think archery is expensive. !!!

Yes it is, tell when what a zoom lens or a wide angle lens runs lol 2 to 3 new bows lol. Give it to them in terms we all under stand. lol

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Great boat anchors! Not worth the cost for normal households.. IMO If you're doing normal household picture printing your averege "photo printer" is good. Kodak has one where the printer heads are intregated in the printer and not in the cartriges thus the printer cost is a little higher but where the printer companies make there money is in the ink sales. Kodak's inks are cheaper. A good place to buy compatable-style inks is at the Supermediastore on line. When looking at photo-quality printers also look into type of ink used (dye vs Pigment) Pigment based are the better of the two. Archival, smudge and water resistantency are factors. There are also ink drop vs Dye-sub printers in which I prefer the ink drop as it has better grey-scale properties. I use nothing but Epson printers and for the average household, like bows, the choice in printers is personal. Hp, Kodak, Lexmark all make good printers.I have two printers. (both Epson) One for home use an all-in-one(Epson RX680 6 ink cartridges) and one Photo-dedicated for when I get down right serious in my pictures. (Epson Rp2400 8 ink cartridges)
    Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 02-17-2008 at 02:07 PM.

I just bought a HP C4280 and I love it. Just ditch the old one and sell the toners on e-bay.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    [COLOR="Red"][/I]

That doesn't count as standard home usage

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Kodak website (upload, print, recieve) can all be done confidential but who knows.
    No I'm not dead

That doesn't count as standard home usage

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Kodak website (upload, print, recieve) can all be done confidential but who knows.

Totally agree !!!! That is why I stated that MY TROUBLE with .... and included the confidentuality part is because of the sensative nature most don't want a third party involved. I'm not dealing with professional models. As for as home usage, the average photoprinter is more than adequate and you can get great results. Kind of like the pixal debate we had on here some time back.
    As with bows....What your plan of usage, budget etc. determines the product you need to purchase.