You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Big Man Safety Harness

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you knew of any safety harnesses that are made for big guys? I weigh about 330 and I use a Lone Wolf climbing stand that is good up to 350 but the safety harness that came with the stand is AWFUL!! If any of you have any advice on where I could find a good, comfortable harness, please let me know.

Thanks!

Just remember big guy, dont get too comfortable up there. Thats when accidents happen. Wouldnt want you nodding off and haveing to put that harness to use. Have you tried the seat-o-the pants saftey harness system? Not sure if it comes in multiple sizes. We sell full body harnesses at the shop I work at (forestry supplies) for bucket work (trees), comes in multiple sizes. Only problem is I think the only come in red. Just got me to thinking, I go 230 and sometimes I wonder if I should be up in trees anyway.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Big Mike,

I'm about the same size as you and I gave up trees several years ago. I now use a pop-up ground blind and haven't had any drop-off in my deer harvest. In fact, I seem to be killing more with closer, easier shots than when I used a tree stand.

Tree stands are great and I would use one if I were a bit trimmer, but ground blinds have a lot of advantages too. Faster to set up, more comfortable, no need for a tree, quicker to move if you realize that the deer are somewhere else and sent containment.

Again, I have nothing against tree stands. They are the best way to hunt many situations, but ground blinds are a legitimate alternative.

I could agree w/Allen more, the first time i took my fiance in the woods w/me we had a doe stick her head in the ground blind and still could not tell what we were until my fiance laught at her. I really do enjoy hunting out of a ground blind, maybe even more than the tree stand sometimes.
    I cut things up and split them down!