You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default 3-d/hunting sights

I was wondering how you guys have your sights set up for 3-d. Im thinkin about setting mine up starting at 15 then 30, 40, 50, 60. Because im gonna hunt with this bow and im experimenting with 3-d if I like it I will get a target bow with a scope. I was just wondering if anybody else is useing their hunting rig to 3-d shoot and how there sights are.

I use my hunting equip, for 3d, set my pis up every 10 yards out to 80, starting at 20. Do however use fatboys for 3d, acc 3-49s for hunting, and a little more draw weight for hunting.

80yds thats it? I use a single pin adjustable (hha) and set it up for ever 5 yrds from 20-25-30-35-40-45-50-55, works well for me.
    I cut things up and split them down!

I really wanted to try one of the single pin movable sights, but for hunting i was worried about forgetting to move it in the heat of the moment fast shot type of situation, i fugure its hard enough trying to sneek a good shot at an elk, i think the less things to deal with is better. Yeah 80 yards is my max, im really good at juding my shots out to 55 60 yards, ill range find it if im not sure, and if i have time in a hunting situation, ill range every shot, even the 35, 40s. I followed my bull last season as they were working into the timber, i popped over a small hill and he was right at the bottom, clicked him at 72 yards, did my thing and it was game over for him!!

Default single pin

I have one of those on my old bow I really liked it untill I was in the woods full draw and the deer wasnt where he was when I set it. I know thats a big mistake on my part but that broke me from it. I also know you can get the attachment so you can adjust it at full draw with your finger but I just went to fixed pins. I thought about starting at 20 and still might only time will tell.

20,30,40,50 seems to work really well for me. To about 50 yards I am pretty accurate at the yardage, can keep it within a yard, two at the most. So far this season (3 shoots) my scores have gone up considerably.

MoBowman ```--------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Default Every 10 yards for me

I have always shot 5 pins 20,30,40,50,60. But when my new bow gets here I will just have to see. I agree with multiple pins when hunting but for indoors I like my Toxonics w/Scope.

Frank

"HONDA"

I had my dead nuts set @ 15,20,30,40,50 for hunting and 3d. I take the 15 yard pin out when I shoot target stuff at 20. I just put it where a 60 yard shot would be. It seems to be working well.

Default pins

Up until this winter I always shot my hunting setup for 3d 70# draw and all. I always set my 5 pin trophy ridge up at 20,30,40,50,60. Worked pretty well for me. I would go to shoots with some of my friends and they would have there first pin set lower than 20 and I would here them say... damn I used the wrong pin. personally if you ask me that is pretty dumb, I know where my stuff is set. I think it was just a cheap excuse. Now since I have gone to a scope for 3d I have on ocassion forgot to move my scope for the next shot. You know I think it only takes one time doing that to make you remember to set it, I had a good score going until I got that 5