You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default scent blocker/scent lok, or waste of money????

looking for new camo, just looking for opinions on different types of carbon camo. pros & cons.

thanks

I think they do work. Do they work as good as the ads. Probably not, but I'll take any advantage I can get on them old smart whitetails.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default scent suits

I do think if you want a buck, yes they will help. If you just want meat (doe) than you dont need them. Also depends on if you are hunting public or private land. I was a skeptic untill last season. I climbed down from my stand and walked up to the top of a funnel. I sat down on a big rock and 10 minutes later i had 8 or 9 does all between 10 and 50 feet from me. There was no chance drawing and making a shot but i was wearing scent lock suit. The wind was also in my favor. Too me, they are worth it and you will have people telling you they are useless. I say try it. Just remember that the wind is the biggest factor, the suit is just a little more help.

My thoughts were the same any advantage you can get will help. I am leaning towards the scentblocker dream season outfit.

I have a jacket and pair of pants on the way from Scent Blocker it is there road trip seris. This will be my 1st try with them so I hope they do work a little..

I think it would help, but, you need to finish off the deal, how bout your bow and arrows, your shoes, hunting pack, face, bad breath, hands, hat, anything that makes a odd oder to a animal, will bring up the tail. I personaly would not spend the $$, i also am a smoker, soo i figure whats the point, no way to get rid of that smell, especialy in the tree stand, i just make sure im in the right place so the wind is proper, But theirs no huge bucks where i hunt cause its next public land and the gun hunters shoot the crap out of any buck they see, so they dont get real big, i spotted the area, for 2 straight weeks before season, and their were only 2 bucks worth shooting, well for me anyways, the bigger of the 2 came right under me the first night, I was wearing my leafy camo mask, and when i let the arrow fly, the string slapped and cought one of the leaves, and bout tore my head off and scared the hooo haaa out of me, deer jumper about 5 feet streight up, looked around and went back to feeding, no hit, but never got a good angle for a 2nd shot, the second night, both bucks came out together, but due to the wind i had to hide in a differnt spot, then due to being impatint, and the smaller buck giving me the better shot, i let it fly, they just stood their looking my way, i though wth, i missed, so i stood up, they took off running, they hit about 15 yards and the the smaller 1 fell over dead, i was happy, then was time to go elk hunting!!! Witch is my real love!! Anyways sory for the long story, but i dont think you haveto have the scentloc stuff to be able to get a buck, but on the other hand its not easy, so take any advantage you can!! Happy hunting.

I went all out and got a scentblock 3d suit. First time I pulled back on a doe it sounded like I had a squirrel trapped in a trash bag full of dead leaves sitting up there next to me. No dice. Doe split. go to the dressing room where it is somewhat quiet and move around and see if makes any noise. Also I made a shot on a pig and the string caught all the leaves down my sleeve to make a nice loud clapping sound. Need to shoot in your suit to. I cut the toe off a brown sock and used it like a compression sleeve. As far as the scentblock goes, why not? One less thing u have to second guess that maybe u should have done.

I don't know the answer, but this article may help. http://www.trmichels.com/Corrigan'sCorner.htm

Natural gear makes a nice suit w/a removeable scent lok suit built in, warm, water proof and durable. I like it. Also works well in the keeping your scent to a minimum. You want to know how well scent blocker and all the other ones work. Put on the suit, closes it up tight and let one rip, see if the odor gets to your nose. Go ahead and laugh but try it.
    I cut things up and split them down!

i dont believe in scent-lok.. I've tried them and didnt see any substantial improvement. if you dont want deer smelling you just put urself about 20-24 feet up and you wont have a problem... otherwise a can of no scent or an earth scent waffer will do the trick..

shoot straight

-DTP_HoytTec
    2006 Hoyt Trykon, 29" at 58#
    UltraRest Drop Away
    Target - Copper John PAA Sight
    Hunting - HHA Optimizer rheostat
    Fuse Tec. 4" Camo Stabilizer
    Medium/Black Vapor Trail Strings & Cables
    Beaver Balls
    Bohning Lynx 4
    Alpha Shox
    CX 200 w/white dip & 4" NAP Quickspins

Default Anything that helps

I use the scent blocker outfitter coat and pants. I never did but I started and I have seen things that I like.. I also wash all clothes in scent free soap, I shower with scent free soap. I do it all, I just feel any little thing that helps I'll try it..
    Mathews DXT

HHA

mathews drop away rest

Victory V1

Shrewd stabilizer

I wouldn't step foot in the woods without it!

Thumbs down waste of money!

In my opinion it is a waste.The oldtimers will tell you always have the wind in your favor.I once heard Chuck Adams tell a seminar that he washes his hunting clothes in TIDE.Before he was a million dollar man!!

Default Carbon Blast

I've had luck with Carbon blast. The only bad thing is the black junk it sprays on you. As has been said, anything that will help.

Default True believer

Hi,
    Last year was my first time bow hunting. I have a nice place to hunt that is full of deer. When I got into hunting, I read everything I coud and asked lots of questions. I thought I was doing everything I could to help myself in the treestand. I was 20 feet up, downwind MOST of the time( the wind likes to swirl alot in this area), I kept my hunting clothes in scent-free containers and stored them outside. I washed them in scent-free detergent, I took showers before each hunt and used scent-free soap. I would spray my boots and everything else with scent blocking spray. On days the wind wasn't in my favor, I could watch the deer walk down the field and when they would get downwind of me I coud watch them all lift their heads and sniff sniff and look at me and take off. I thought I would try the Scent-Lok under garments. I did not get busted ONCE since I have started using Scent-Lok. I killed 4 deer and had numerous passed up shots. Deer walking under me, around me, down wind of me. That made me a believer. I had a nice 8 pointer walk directly at me from 50 yards away and he was directly downwind of me. I was not set up to shoot in the direction he came, and he never gave me a good shot, even though he was within 20 yards of me for 30 minutes. He never knew I was there. This year I have bought a full coverall suit from Scent-Lok. I hope this helps.